Currently, August 2019.

I cannot believe we are more than half-way through 2019. It is back to school month for a lot of states, though my little first-grader will be starting the day after Labor Day. I am glad August is here though because I FINALLY have a little mini-vacation and some beach time coming. Like we do every year, we are taking a short 5-day vacation by Michigan Lake. We will be staying in Beautiful Grand Haven Michigan but plan on visiting South Haven and Holland, too. It is a little girls' trip with my two most favorite ladies: my mom and my daughter. We haven't really been to the beach this year except once, because our little local beach closed (it was a very small, family-friendly beach, by a near-by lake, perfect for kids because the water was shallow), it looks like they are remodeling but it may be open again next Summer, at least I hope so. We did go to another beach close-by last Sunday but didn't enjoy it as much and guys, why have beaches become so expensive? 10 bucks a day for parking?! That's craaaazyyy! Anyway HAPPY AUGUST YOU ALL! Let's see what I am currently up to this month and link up with ANNE from Anne in Residence.




ordering: Nothing at the moment. Neither do I need to, but will do a little ordering+buying for back-to-school clothes and supplies for Vivian at the end of this month, after we come back from vacation. I might try Target's School List Assist. You basically put the school and grade of your child, Target finds everything in the list that's needed it and adds it to your cart (so it basically does all the work for you), then you can have it shipped home or do a pick-up at store option. It is GENIUS if you ask me and so convenient! I wonder if the person that came up with that ideas is a mom herself, most likely, right?

watching: New-to-me shows on Netflix, On Demand etc. like "Safe" which I just finished watching. It was so good too, I binge-watched all 8 episodes in two days, I am hoping for a second season. Just started watching "The Bold Type" too which is a fun show, a little comedy but not in a laugh-out-loud way; it is just fun and light-hearted plus the fashions are stunning since the story takes place at a magazine publishing house. I need to catch up with Big Brother since I am very behind with it and will be watching Bachelor in Paradise, too. 

cooking: Lots of different Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and lots of Salads. It is Summer after all, it is best to eat lighter. 

 wondering: How Fast these 8 days of work I have left before our little vacation will go by. Also wondering on what we will do (Vivian and I) to enjoy the rest of our Summer evenings and days off because before we know it we will be back in sweaters and coats and it will be dark by 5.00 P.M.  

savoring: now My Coffee. It is an overcast morning today as I am typing this and sipping my coffee at the same time. I almost always manage to let it get lukewarm, do you guys?! LOL But next week I cannot wait to savor some new foods in the restaurants we will be dining while on vacation. Eating out and trying new restaurants is one of my most favorite things that I enjoy while I am on vacation, what about you ladies?

Now, let's take a look at what I have blogged previously this time, in the last three years. This time around I am looking at the first "Thursday Moda" August posts of the past three years. Coincidentally all of these posts I am looking back into are collaborations I did with other stylish bloggers, as we co-hosted Thursday Moda editions together, through the years. BTW, I always have fun doing these look-back recaps. =) What is your most favorite outfit of the three below?!

3 years ago.


This was a Thursday Moda collaboration post with my fellow Michigan blogger mom Jaymie and we both shared/wore comfortable green Summer dresses. But hers was a Kelly Green Maxi while mine was this knee-length Olive Green Jersey Dress. I styled it with a Floppy Navy Hat and Red Laceup Thong Sandals, for a cute mom-on-the-go everyday Summer look!

two years ago.


This was another collaboration post with my friend Amber who shares a lot of elegant work outfits and office content. We both showed ways to wear black for the Summer, at the office. She chose a Sleek Black Pencil Skirt while I wore this Beautiful Black Eyelet Peplum Top (by Who What Wear) and paired it with these Maroon Floral Cropped Pants (by Loft). I loved the little pattern-mixing I did with this Orange/Coral Snakeskin Clutch (by White House Black Market). I also accessorized with a Pretty Layered Long Necklace, Drop Earrings and 2 Gold Bangles. This is one of my most favorite work-chic looks up to date, that I have shared on the blog.

last year.

Another fun collaboration post, this time around with my lovely mama friend Bojana from Canada. We both shared lovely Little White Dresses for Summer. I chose this linen-blend Polka Dot Target Dress and you have to click on my original post link to see the fun dress she shared. I edgied mine up with these Perforated Open-Toe Black Booties and a pop of color via the Orange Crossbody Bag (both accessories are by Target also). This was one of my dates down-town Northville, with my little love, Vivian. =)


Happy August Birthday to my dear dad whom we love so much!!







Comments

  1. Love the polka dot dress look. Always beautiful!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast summer is going by.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look back on outfits! The year has been flying by here too, although our school and summers are at a different time from yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That services from Target is genius - so great for people who don't have time or want to shop! We binge watched Safe in a few days as well. I need to check out The Bold Type. Love all of your throwback outfits! Your polka dot dress is darling!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Ada, what great outfits! I am loving the polka dress so much! And the red print pants with the peplum top is super cute, too! Enjoy your vacation, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your recap post, Ada. It's fun to see what other bloggers are watching, pondering, drinking...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic in that polka dot dress my dear Ada.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts