Thursday Moda #141: Your Own Twist ...on High Boots!

Good Morning from this snowy day. It will start around 9.00 AM here and won't stop until about 10.00 PM tonight. I hear that is the case in a lot of the states today. Stay warm and be safe out there! =) Today I am doing something different on Thursday Moda as I am co-joining linkups with Shelbee and Monica (I linked their posts by their names). They started their "Your Own Tiwst" monthly linkup last night. The idea is to take one item, one trend, one theme or one prompt and they each put their own spin to it. When I found out that their "theme" this month was High Boots or Tall Boots, I jumped at the opportunity of co-hosting because I had the perfect warmish-weather Fall Outfit to show you, and I might as well post it too because snow season has just started and is here to stay lol! And to tell you the truth, I can see this outfit I am wearing today as something both Shelbee and Monica could wear since they both rock tall boots and edgy outfits often, and this is slightly edgy! Plus, you finally get to see my Taupe Suede OTK Boots which I purchased last year during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. 

YOUR  OWN  TWIST  ON  HIGH  BOOTS!
Little Vivian joined me in this quick photo-shoot because she said that her skirt matched mama's dress. And she is right, her thick ponte skirt (it has pockets) matched in color with this pinkish-red or how I like to call it Raspberry-Colored Dress. I love the sleeves, chest embroidery and laceup neckline on this dress. It makes it quite Bohemian and it went so well with the Neutral Taupe Over-the-Knee Suede Boots for a Boho-Inspired Outfit. Plus the taupe and raspberry colors look so well together - need to wear this color combo, again. So that is my twist on these High Boots - paired them with this Swing Little Boho Dress to create an outfit that is both casual and a little dressy, too. I wore my Gold+Black Pom Pom Statement Earrings by Sugarfix via Target, a Pearl Cocktail Ring and my Pastel Peach Mirrored Sunglasses by Loft. Rosy cheeks and a bright (but not too bright) Pink Lipstick finished off my ensemble. Vivian paired her skirt with a Blush Pink "Mommy's Princess" Graphic Tee, her Graphic Heart Grey Leggings and her Favorite Boots (this leather burgundy pair, they have bows on the back). It was sunny that day but I still layered a long-sleeve tee underneath my dress (my little tip for you to wear tees underneath light/thin long-sleeve dresses in order to make them work for the cold weather) since it was only about 47 degrees. Vivian has another long-sleeve tee underneath her graphic tee too. You want to stay warm, you know! How do you like this outfit today?! Would you wear it?! How are you wearing your High Boots this Fall/Winter?! I also love the edgy layered looks featuring their High Over-the-Knee Boots that both Monica and Shelbee created so make sure you stop by their blogs to see them!





Last Week's Abercrombie and Fitch Outfit was a huge hit with you all. Thank you. It is one of the simplest outfits I have worn lately - a momiform - but fun and put-together still. I loved a variety of looks: from leopard dresses to wide-legged paperbag pants, plaid and bold floral pants! Each of the ladies I featured has on at least one item which can be worn for the holidays. Also, stop by Monica and Shelbee to see who they featured!! See my most favorites below, welcome and join this week's linkup, too. You might be featured next Thursday, on Thanksgiving. =)

'Plaid Coat for the Win' indeed for this cute mama of two. Bojana shared this beautiful coat, white denim and cute grey booties.
Lydia got all the casual 'Fall Feels' in her little leopard sheath and white sneakers. I don't blame her for not wearing a jacket or coat when it is not needed.
My friend Kellyann shared a couple of different looks but those floral pants paired with the most beautiful emerald wrap blouse were a huge hit for me. This woman has 'Ageless Style' and I could totally see this outfit for Christmas in Florida.
The lovely Grace shared over a dozen outfits featuring 'Power Suits and Blazers' but I fell in love with this tone-on-tone orange 3-piece look featuring a shorts suit. I love the silky camisole, too.
She is the cutest grandma out there plus the most dressy hiker. Amy is 'Hiking in a Plaid Dress' looking adorable in red+tan. Love the holiday vibes in this look, complete with cranberry tights.
Remember my outfit from yesterday with flounce, texture and colorblocking?! Well my beautiful friend Laura also shared one with those out-of-this-world 'Grey Wide Leg Pants'. Love, love her 3D chiffon black fancy blouse.



Shop Our Outfits, below:








Thank you for joining this week's Thursday Moda linkup. It is my pleasure having you join me. 

First, please follow me Elegance and Mommyhood on Instagram and Bloglovin. Secondly, if you link up today, link back to my blog please. It's the right thing to do, thanks. This is mostly a Fashion/Style linkup, but ALL posts are always welcome. 
Blog-hop around, read+comment a few links and be inspired!! And as always thank you for joining my linkup and making it successful for over 135 weeks in a row, now!!! This is an AMAZING MILESTONE and I am grateful. =)





Comments

  1. You look so gorgeous in red! I love the embellishments and sleeve detail on that dress. Thanks for hosting, Ada! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are killer on you! I have a couple of OTK boots and love how they look and how warm they are! Perfect for winters in the midwest! You and Vivian are always so cute together! Thank you so much for choosing my look from last week to feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm suuuuuch a fan of tall boots- you look amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these brown OTK boots on you, Ada! I love that they're fitted and not slouchy! I need a brown pair of OTK, just have a black pair for now. That dress and color is gorg with them! I featured Bo's Bodacious Blog today, too! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress and boots combination looks amazing on you, Ada. You're one hot momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada, I am loving this look on you—the red dress is super cute and very flattering, and those OTK boots make your legs look hot hot hot! Also, thank you for that incredibly sweet comment you left on my blog. I am thankful that I can count you as a friend and supporter!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada you are rocking this outfit.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing in your 70's inspired dress and long boots Ada - very 'Mumma Mia' love it xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ada, these boots are perfect with this easy boho style dress! Super cute. Thanks so much for co-hosting with us!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much sweet Ada for the kind words! I love this dress with the boots! It's proof that we can be sexy without revealing too much skin - looks fantastic on you!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dress + over the knee boots combo for this time of year. Perfect for when you don't want to wear tights but you need to keep your legs warm. And Vivian is adorable in her little pink skirt. A little fashionista :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, thanks so much for the feature! You are so sweet! I love your OTK boots. I haven't pulled mine out yet. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So chic you two! Love the boots. Beautiful mom daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a pair of OTK boots and love wearing them during cold weather. It's a great way to keep your legs warm!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good gravy, woman, those boots look like they were made for your great legs. What a fit! You look smashing and so does your mini-you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the shout out and I am so excited for the collaboration next week. Your boots are fabulous and they paired so well with the red dress. Now that the white stuff has flown for us too, most of my pictures will be in the snow, freezing my tush off. Have a great weekend with Vivian.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your outfit is so chic and trendy. I love red in winter and you nailed it with your boots Ada. I will miss fall forever. Now it is all covered with snow.
    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos with your daughter are always sooo adorable dear! And you both have lovely and chic boots!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts