Thursday Moda #104: 2 Years of Thursday Moda.

Today marks exactly two years of Thursday Moda. This linkup has been going super strong for one hundred and four straight Thursdays in a row now, including the last two Thanksgiving Thursdays. Thanks to all of you who have made my linkup successful and also have made my Thursday Moda posts (usually) the most viewed and the most clicked posts of the week. Running a successful Style Linkup each week (without let's say the help of another co-host) is a lot of hard work. I stay up very late at night most Wednesdays, it is actually 2.00 AM now as I am typing this. Yes, despite pretty outfits, fun photo shoots and cute poses, blogging is a lot of hard work and long coffee-filled hours, trust me.

...But I wouldn't have it any other way, I seriously wouldn't. I love blogging and I love this blogging community so much. Blogging brings a smile on my face even when I am having the worst day or through tough times - and trust me I have been through a lot of tough times in these last two years. And, as if I didn't have a full plate type of schedule, already: full-time work, full-time mom, full-time blog (and Instagram), I am 'giving myself' yet another challenge (so to speak). Starting this Sunday on March 4th, I am launching my second linkup. This one will be held monthly, the very first Sunday of each month to be exact. And I am not doing it alone. I got together my very good friends and blogging besties: the always-kind and sunny Floridian KELLYANN from This Blonde's Shopping Bag and the beautiful, spiritual Georgia peach CHRISSY from Granola and Grace who will be joining me this Sunday and every first Sunday of each month. It makes sense these ladies would be a part of this new linkup. The three of us have gotten very close since last Summer and as a matter of fact I trusted them with co-hosting my Thursday Moda together (without my presence) when I vacationed last August. I have also had them be part of every single collaboration we did last Fall, last Winter and this past month in February. These stylish, amazing women have become very close to me recently too, on a personal level. I know and trust them as if I was sitting across the table from them and having coffee (or wine) together. Chrissy and Kellyann are also my co-hosts today for this special 2-year anniversary of Thursday Moda, so after you read my post, stop by their blogs as well. 

Our first Sunday Linkup I named "The Sunday Showcase" goes live at 6.00 AM Eastern time this upcoming Sunday March 4th.


I even made the prettiest button for it. Isn't it gorgeous?!

I wore this outfit last Friday, when our temperatures starting turning into Spring. It is a little Bohemian, a little bold, a little fun, a little girly, a little edgy and a lot colorful. I ended up mixing these colors together: Cranberry, Royal Blue, Olive Green and Grey. I loved how the open, utility vest lays on top of the dress. The dress is a mini while the vest is pretty long. I also absolutely love how my legs look in this outfit. I have been getting lots of questions and compliments on my legs lately. I am not the type that exercises or goes to the gym but I do walk a ton, I jog and I run sometimes. Lots of walking lately and a little weight-loss has toned my legs even more. Also note, while I am not short (I am 5.7'') I have really long legs. And in case you are wondering I am wearing nude stockings here, I bet you didn't even notice hmm?! It is February in Michigan after all. Oh, and coincidentally for this 2-year Thursday Moda Anniversary post I am wearing items coming from 3 of my most favorite and most-shopped stores. The booties and earrings are from Express. The dress is by Loft. While the vest, hat and sunglasses are from Target. I ended up loving this cozy, put-together, layered, late Winter look. It is also a great outfit to transition into Spring, don't you think?!





Last week I shared my thoughts on personal style and though not a load of comments, that post got a lot of views and readers in. I am glad my fellow stylish blogging friends are passionate to talk about personal style, as I am. My favorites from last week's post have all sprung forward (like I did in my OOTD today) with their Springy Looks. And I am dying over the pops of red, shocking I know!! LOL

This week's featured blogger is my friend JENNIE from A Pocketful of Polka Dots who shared two gorgeous outfits. The one that totally blew my mind was the white fur-trimmed tweed jacket over a polished houndstooth sheath with a gorgeous gold bee brooch and paired with a classic black quilted tote. She is channeling Chanel in every way and evoking class 100% of the way. You can always count on Jennie for pattern and color. She loves polka dots. This stylish lady is also a maverick when it comes to changing her hair color. Join her on Fridays for her style linkup. Jennie is fabulous!


Stephanie just gave birth a couple of weeks ago but looks amazing in that artsy floral mint+lavender skirt. It is a 'Dries Van Noten' piece after all. I love that she went with a bold orange-red color on top.
Lana, who is new to my linkup, shared 'A Non-Maternity Jumpsuit' that fit like a glove. I love that it was navy which paired so well with all the brown pieces.
Jess has on a 'Textured Look' in shades of chocolate. The retro appeals to me. Her velvet blazer and python bag are both so gorgeous.
In her post, Di showed us three looks featuring 'Red with a Capital R'. But I happened to love the polka dot wrap blouse with the red pencil skirt. So ladylike and classic.











Comments

  1. Congrats on 2 years Ada, that's great! And the other linkup sounds fun too. I love this look--the vest with that pretty dress is such a pretty combo, and once again I'm LOVING your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 2 years Ada!! Your outfit is just divine!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you added all the accessories! They just finish off the look perfectly!

    shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 2 years! It seems like yesterday that you were just starting this. I love your look. I've always been a big fan of the bohemian look!

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Ada, you are hitting a lot of milestones this year! Kudos!! 🍾🍾🍾 I love your dress in this outfit. Definitely crushing hard on the bohemian vibe and what I really love about it are all the colors working together. It's very pleasing and eye catching.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so crushing on your amazing boots! They look so good with your fab dress. Congrats on reaching the two year mark with zero interruptions with your linkup. That is a serious feat. I will be sure to join you lovely ladies for the new monthly Sunday Showcase. Thank you very much for the feature and you kind words, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to your new link up Ada! Sounds like a great collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ada, congrats on your thursday linkup! I know the work involved, and enjoy it as well. LOve you in red! This print is lovely and of course i love your booties! i was glad I bought a pair of red velvet booties this year as i have worn them a fair amount. Red with the olive vest looks so good!
    thank you for featuring my outfit from last week.
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on two year of hosting this link up. As a vest girl myself. I'm loving your vest.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful print on that dress, Ada! And love it with the olive vest. Doesn't olive just go with everything?! Have a great week, girl!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on 2 years! You are looking fabulous too! I love that gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 2 years Ada!! I'm excited for the next venture!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love those velvet booties! I have a similar pair in blue, I'd bet they'd look great with your blue hat! Such a pretty dress and it goes great with that olive vest!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blog Anniversary Ada!!! Here's to many more Link-ups :))
    XO
    Joi
    www.inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow two years???? Congrats on your accomplishment! I love those velvet ankle boots!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 2 years Ada. What an accomplishment! Love the red dress and the long green military look vest. That would be so cute with distressed jeans and a tee.😉Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Ada. Your hard work has not gone unnoticed and you should be proud of your accomplishments and rightly so.

    Rena
    http://www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on two years of Thursday Mode Ada! I'm sure it's a lot of work, but much appreciated by the many bloggers that link up! I honestly don't know how you do it.

    You look fabulous in this outfit! I love the pattern on your mini dress. I need those velvet booties! I'm glad you're wearing a mini dress, you have the legs for it! I've read that women over 35 shouldn't wear mini skirts! NONSENSE! We don't go by silly fashion rules!

    I'm not on Instagram much but I'm following you now - 4THEJOYOFIT is me. :-)

    ❤️carmen

    https://fashionableover50.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun ankle boots!

    Congrats on two years of your link up too, that's a wonderful milestone to reach :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ada You are right I love your look. Congrats too on 2 years of your thursday Link up
    I always enjoy a visit to your blog !!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting and the invite Ada. Love your dress and such lovely boots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay, Ada! Looking forward to your new link up! I just added it to my link ups page. I am loving this dress and these colors on you as always. And those booties are life! Fabulous, my friend.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this chic vest with this printed dress! Amazing look Ada!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 2 years of linking up, Ada!! You're such a hard worker, you know! <3
    LOVE your outfit, just as you predicted I would. Those booties are absolutely divine. What a beautiful colour!
    Hugs
    Suzy xx
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such great shoes!! Thank you for you kind words and linking up on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the printed dress! Looks amazing on you

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on two years! That is awesome. Sorry I haven't been around as much. Ivy has been sick a lot and things have been crazy.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the link up anniversary! Great combination of colors and the booties are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on the two year mark! Those boots are so pretty. Such a fun look on you! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a fabulous outfit Ada! The colours are gorgeous and I love the hat and velvet boots. Congrats on the link up anniversary!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on these two years ! Great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Anniversary Ada! Thank you so much for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are so beautiful! In love with the look!
    Xoxo, Josipa.

    curlyjosephine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great look, Ada. I love the vest over dress layering. Congratulations on your two year blog anniversary, too. We all appreciated you hosting this link up! Also, thank you for mentioning my post from last week, that was very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on two years! (I actually remember reading this post but I didn't have the time to comment--basically life right now.) I really love the pattern on that dress. It's so fun!
    Mary
    https://windandspindle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Additionally, with a blood test, it will be detectable in the bloodstream within seconds of inhalation or ingestion. It's reabsorbed into the blood and broken down very quickly. Finally, there is the saliva drug test, which takes a sample from your oral fluid. Marijuana can enter your saliva through smoking. You could even be exposed to someone else who is smoking. Though the latter is rare, it's something that should be kept in the back of your mind with an upcoming drug test. Weed, specifically, is usually detectable in your oral fluid for the following amounts of time after your last use: • 1-3 days: occasional users • 1-29 days: chronic users Click Here to Detox Your System in 5 Days > The active ingredient in marijuana is a chemical compound called THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol. It enters the body via the bloodstream and is then temporarily stored in different organs, fatty tissues, and other elements of the body. In the kidneys, it can be reabsorbed in the bloodstream. The liver breaks down THC.Another challenge with Monkey Whizz is the fact that there is no included heat activator powder Natural cleansing techniques take longer to work, but they are more thorough in flushing out unwanted toxins Additionally, the risk of ruining a sample or wasting it with the wrong temperature goes out the window with the Urinator To be clear, this isn’t a total body cleanse program or detox shampoo However, the tricky part is what you do with it Golden words from grandmothers prove to be highly effective in many cases, and we can trust them due to the lowest possibility of side effects

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts