Thursday Moda #84: Fall Mustard Cardigans for Workwear.

Good morning. As you guys know, this Long Cardigan I have on today is one of the 5 items I am remixing for the Common Threads Challenge. My dear friend WHITNEY from Whitney à la Mode - who is also my co-host this Thursday - is one of the 6 ladies doing "The Common Threads Challenge" with me. I noticed that she chose as one of the items a Long Mustard Cardigan, so I figured why not do a post where we style our cardigans. Mine is between a mustard and a camel color: I'd call it a spicy mustard shade. It is the softest chenille cardigan by Loft. I have worn it 4 times so far through the challenge and I cannot wait to style it again with red, navy and cream.

If you don't know Whitney, she is also from Michigan like myself and she is one of the few bloggers I had known that I was lucky to meet in real life (2 years ago). She is a sweetheart on top of being a very stylish teacher who puts together comfortable but super chic and classic looks. When Whitney sent me her photo I was pleasantly surprised that she also dressed up her cardigan over a LBD. Just on Monday I did the same where I wore this outfit to work. And let me tell you it was hot, but mornings are chilly and so can be the building I work at, so as usual a cardigan is a great layering piece. I paired mine with other great Fall colors: navy, olive and beige. I happen to think that this fabulous mustard-in-camel shade goes so well with the colors I paired it with. Like Whitney, I kept my toes comfortable and wore some Ballet Flats and I love that Whitney did the same. Whitney and I both wear and love wearing flats, a lot.

THE  TANK  TOP  AND  THE  SKIRT.
I love it when pieces work together. At first glance my Navy/Olive/Sky Blue Floral Wrap Skirt (a year ago from Who What Wear via Target) and Olive with Yellow Tank Top (at least 10 years old, by Bebe) look like a dress. I love that they both have matching colors and ruching detail. The asymmetry on the skirt makes it modern and fun. The colors of the skirt and the fact that it has lining makes it a piece that can be worn year-around. Even the tank top, since it is olive with yellow, it would fit for all seasons. I love the sash detail that ties in the back, it mimics the ruching line on the chest. This tank top is not only comfortable but super sexy and makes the girls look good.


THE  NUDE  BALLET  FLATS.
I touched on these flats a little bit on the blog, yesterday. Funny story about these flats. I have been looking for some Nude Leather Ballet Flats. I wanted them to be soft and comfortable. I was at Banana Republic last week and I asked my sales lady (after I had checked out) how come they didn't carry shoes anymore. She said they weren't carrying them at that location but asked me what size I was because there were some that were returned. I said 6.5. She brings out 4 pairs of shoes including these flats, another pair of flats and a pair of mules - all perfect for Fall too. There were my Nude Ballet Flats and they were perfect. Better yet all of the shoes she brought out were on sale, with additional percentage off. After I used my Banana Republic Visa, I paid under 75 bucks for all 3 pairs and they are all real leather, well-made shoes. I cannot wait to wear the other 2 pairs.


Thank you to everyone who linked up last week where you saw my Ochre Mustard Chenille Cardigan styled for the first time. As always I have such a hard time choosing favorites. My picks from this week cannot be any different if they tried. It goes to show you that style truly is as personal as a piece of jewelry.
'Hats' are an accessory that not every woman can wear without looking foolish. But Laurie has the snazziest fedora on, paired with the most gorgeous pumpkin-hued jumpsuit.
'Sneakers with a Tulle Skirt'?! If you are Stephanie you can pull off anything. Even in her second trimester, this pregnant mama does street style justice. Radiant!
Jess is totally 'Transitioning to Fall" in yummy shades of caramel. Love her button-front denim skirt - so modern.
'70s Vibes' are strong and vibrant on my stylish friend, Roxanne. The jeans, the hat, the pendant, the shoes - I want them all. It all works so seamlessly, too.

Today's Fabulous Thursday Moda Co-Host: Whitney à la Mode.
Here is a peak of some of my favorite latest looks of Whitney - two of which are from her Common Threads Challenge. Whit is a girl after my own heart. Check out how she has remixed that same mustard cardigan and little black dress, below. And can I compliment her beaming smile for a minute. This girl's beautiful blue eyes even smile!



From Whitney's Mouth:
"Bonjour! My name is Whitney and I am a French teacher in Michigan. You could say that I'm pretty smitten with the Mitten State. We often use "à la mode" to order ice cream with our dessert. However, in French, "à la mode" means "in style." Join me on my journey in learning how to be a bit more "à la mode!













Image Map


Comments

  1. Wow, Ada, that really looks like a dress!!! Great deal on the shoes at BR - never hurts to ask questions and boy did that pay off for you - terrific shoes!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mustard is such a stunning colour! there needs to be more mustard coloured fashion items in stores!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada, this outfit is so awesome! I love the colors. And the skirt is adorable. I loved that cardigan the last time you showed it on the blog, too. Such a great color and it looks so soft and warm! Thanks so much for the link up and have a fabulous day!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You snagged an awesome deal on the shoes! Shows that it pays to ask sometimes! Your skirt and top go together so well, you're right they look like a dress togrther! Great look Ada!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the mustard and olive together! LOVE a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A mustard cardi is so super versatile. You look great, Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of your cardigan!! I did not jump on it fast enough and it looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mustard cardi looks so cozy and is perfect paired with olive. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color combos! Your mustard cardigan looks SO soft and the teal earrings are a nice pop of color. Thank you for featuring me this week! You're the best.
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress! The colors and style are so pretty and the mustard cardigan is the perfect compliment to the dress. Have a great day!
    Cheryl
    https://www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look pretty and the color combo is great for fall!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cardigan looks so cozy and the color is beautiful for fall! I love it styled with the dress. Such a great color combo!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again, I love that mustard cardigan! Can't get enough of it!

    Mary
    https://www.themarycurator.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, Ada! I love this yellow cardi and it looks SO soft. I also love it paired with the olive!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your mustard cardigan, Ada! Such a fun color! Looks so comfy!

    Mary
    http://marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mustard is a great color for fall! It looks fabulous with the olive!

    Thanks for the link up & I hope you are having a great day!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already saw a photo of you in those beautiful colors on IG and absolute love it! Fantastic look Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  18. At first glance I thought it was a dress, marvellously worn and of course you know I am all for that fab cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun color combo! I love the mustard and olive together!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great colour choices Ada, thanks for sharing - and also thanks for visiting my blog. Have a super weekend. x Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the feature Ada! I LOVE the colors here in your outfit. i am such a fan of olive and mustard, the print on your dress is lovely! you look great. i just bought a mustard cardi as well from j crew. :-)
    happy weekend!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this mustard color on you! Happy Fall!

    Christine
    www.bonchicstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the cardigan! I have a mustard colored cardigan myself, and this is the time of the year I like to wear it. I may be wearing mine before the weekend is over.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the invite to the linkup. I love how you've styled your beautiful skirt with the flats. It's perfect. I'm looking for more mustard. It needs to be the right mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how this all came together, such beautiful fall colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this mix of mustard and olive in this look Ada! So chic!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the cardigan! That color is so on trend for fall.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ada, I love the way you styled this mustard cardigan. It looks really great with the olive toned top! I tend to shy away from yellows; although, I do have a few pieces. I love the way yellow looks on other, just not necessarily on me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really cute, I love mustard for this season. I want a jacket in this color.

    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that cardi - such a great color and it looks sooo cozy:) :) :)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Mustard is a great color for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a nice outfit! I love the print on the dress. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW, this dress and the mustard cardigan look gorgeous together.
    Have a wonderful week.
    XO
    Miri

    https://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your dress is beautiful! I really love your style it is so effortless and pretty :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/11/old-world-charm-classic-elegance.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. The way THC is metabolized also affects how long drug tests can detect THC in saliva, urine, blood, and hair. Thus, metabolites have a certain life cycle for the time they stay detectable to various drug tests. There are four main forms of drug tests with different detection windows that can detect THC. A hair drug test has the largest half-life, and it descends from here in this order: A hair follicle drug test is increasingly gaining ground among employers. It is one of the most difficult tests to pass since it can detect signs of drug consumption even after 90 days of use. Yes, that means those special brownies you had three months ago can still get you in trouble. Visit: https://www.urineworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts