Thursday Moda #45: Winter Coats and Boots.

Happy first Thursday of the year you all! Happy 2017!! How are you all?! Did you have a good holiday season?! I hope so. Welcome back to the Thursday Moda - the first one for this year.

Sheela's Outfit:
Coat - Zara, a gift from Eve.
Dress - Michael Kors.
Snakeskin Boots - Bakers.
Sunnies - Dior.
Rings - Poshmark.

Today I am co-hosting with Sassy and Sexy SHEELA from Sheela Writes (my first co-host of 2017) whose style is a labyrinth of trends, classics, colors, patterns, gems, gorgeous high heels, fun jewelry and fabulousity just like she has a way with words. This mamma can write. We are both styling outerwear, showing off our coats and boots. I must say, Sheela creates magical outfits and she writes magically too, I promise. I will let her tell you a little bit more about that, below. She even has her own fun and fabulous linkup every Friday, where she is usually joined by her just-as-stylish teenage daughter Eve and a few other ladies in different age brackets. So, after reading today's post, go ahead and check out her blog and follow her, you won't be disappointed!


Remember Dressember?! Well with the exception of 4 times when I wore jeans or leggings and on New Year's Eve when I wore a jumpsuit, the other days I wore ONLY dresses, last December. Between now and next Thursday on Thursday Moda, you will get to see the rest of the dresses from the Dressember month. Well this Heather Gray Sweater Dress (by the Merona line at Target) was worn three times last month. On this particular day was worn on New Year's Eve Eve (Dec 30th) on a day I went shopping and eating lunch out with Vivi and a friend of mine. I completely bundled up with my Wool Black Peacoat, a Red+White Plaid Blanket Scarf, a Black+White Fair Isle Beanie I added later that day (right after I purchased it that day at Ulta) and Black Leggings tucked into my Slouchy Blue Suede Boots. Still put together and cozy+warm at once. Next Tuesday you will see how I styled this Dress from day to evening, from work to a night out with some friends. This is the perfect fit, softest material and the perfectly-simple, long-sleeve, V-neck style dress. I am pretty sure I need the black version too. By the way, I also wore (on and off) black knit gloves that day, too. How do you like how I styled this dress for a very cold Winter day?! 

Black+Cream Marled Fair Isle Slouchy Beanie w/ Large Pom: Ulta (New) (similar, Steal, my Favorite), (similar, on Sale, love this), (similar, Great Deal).
Red+White Plaid, Two-Ply Thick Blanket Scarf: A Boutique in Albania (similar, Steal), (similar, on Huge Sale, love this), (similar in cashmere, Small Splurge, my Favorite).
Thin Black Leggings w/ wide Lace Trim: White House Black Market (similar, Steal), (similar, Splurge).
Navy, Knee-High Ruched, Faux Suede Boots w/ Cone Heels: Wet Seal (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love these), (similar, on Sale, my Favorite).

The linkup was pretty light last week due to being a couple of days before New Year's, but still several of you brought your A-game. My favorite looks could all have been worn on New Year's Eve too, no doubt. Black skirts as you will see go with so many things and sparkles are always a good thing for the biggest festive night of the year. Read on below.
Today's Featured Blogger is LAURIE from Vanity and Me who linked up two posts last week, but on the post where she shared the top picks from her wardrobe, she showed us several beautiful looks she has worn in 2016 and I chose a snippet of my 3 favorites above. Laurie's attention to detail in her outfits, is undeniable. Her style is curated head to toe. I love both dresses above and how she layered them for the cold weather. Her clutches are gorgeous too. If you don't follow Laurie yet, make sure you start. She is a 50-something blogger from the UK whose style defines the word 'elegance'. When I am her age, I would love to look as put-together, as chic and classy as Laurie does. The icing on the cake - this fashionista is also a very sweet lady!

Mommy of two Rachael, found the perfect way to 'Dressing Up an Open Shoulder Sweater' with a fun wrap black skirt and adding some New Year sparkle with a stunning statement necklace.
Jen recaps her 'Favorite outfit of December 2016' and we agree. A classic midi A-line black skirt gets spruced up with a patterned red top for a little holiday flare.
Lizzie's 'White Christmas' isn't just a metaphor, look at her outfit! The romantic LWD is gorgeous. I love the high neckline and the sleeves plus since it is lacy it fits the name of her blog.
Sierra - who is new to the linkup - shows this black+gold dress in a 'Classy Vs. Edgy' styling for New Year's Eve. I love it how simple but pretty it looks with the classic black pumps.


This week's Fabulous "Thursday Moda" Co-Host: Sheela Writes.
These are some recent Holiday-inspired looks I have recently loved from Sheela in burgundy and red shades. Look how modern and street-chic she is and posing like a model. Her collection of sunnies and black boots/booties is amazing, too.
From Sheela's Mouth:
"Hello there, my name is Sheela.  Born and bred in Borneo, I've been writing since the age of 7 (heavens, that’s four decades now).  In the “real world”, I develop brand/communications strategies for a managed security service provider.  I know, completely unexpected, and quite the opposite of what you see on sheelagoh.com, huh?  When I’m not poring over words, I collect antique books, work out, and cook.  I’m also rather infatuated with true crime, be it from a literary perspective or watching it on the telly.  Oh and every Friday, I host something near and dear to my heart, the Project Sister Act Link-Up (it advocates the mindset that dressing one’s age is absolute pish posh), and I’d love for you to come join in."

Now join the linkup and make some new friends!








Comments

  1. Cute look! Love your dress and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pom pom beanie, how fun!! Happy New Year, Ada! Hope you are having a wonderful start to 2017 already! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cold weather look, Ada! Your beanie and plaid scarf compliment your look perfectly. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally loving hats with pompoms lately! This one is totally cute. And totally practical for this crazy cold weather we've been having lately. Ugh! I just want to snuggle under a blanket and stay there. I hope you are surviving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that simple dress you have on. Thank for hosting this link up. I will be linking tomorrow post up.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab dress! Love your hat and scarf too :-)

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the winter accessories! THat's next week's link up theme. You are ahead of us :)

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so into pom pom beanies right now it's ridiculous! I love that yours has a pattern to it to make it more interesting. Stay warm!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you had a successful dressember, while keeping warm and cozy!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ada! You look very warm and stylish with that gray dress and colorful plaid scarf! Love the coat, too! I also wanted to tell you that I've been enjoying your IG stories, the one where Vivi said she loved you before bed was very, very sweet. :) I am sorry I didn't get back to your email before Christmas, things were a little hectic. I'm sorry we didn't get to exchange Christmas cards this year, but I'd love to next year... we'll have to exchange addresses again early!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easy grey dresses are my favorite, and I love how you styled yours with the winter accessories! That beanie is so cute, and I'm loving the boots. Thank you for choosing my look as one of your favorites!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grey sweater dresses are great for Winter! I like your Winter hat! You look all warm and cozy!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much snow my dear Ada - glad to see you're keeping warm.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look adorable! Love that fun scarf and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an adorable winter outfit - I love the pop of red with your scarf!

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cozy and stylish winter look! I especially love the pop of color in the scarf. Your link up is so wonderful, as you feature some incredible bloggers every week!

    I hope that you can come visit me in DC this year! I think Vivi would really love going to some of the museums! Perhaps in the spring?
    --Roxanne
    Glass of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your winter layers and that fun scarf!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Although I hate the snow , I love your pictures! The beantwoorden looks lovely! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ssuch an adorable winter look! Happy New Year Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great coat and boots look! It is stylish and warm. I love the flow of that dress, too. Thanks for hosting!
    Kelsey
    acupofteawithkelsey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Ada, thanks for inviting me and linking up with tinaspinkfriday.
    You look amazing. I have a scarf who looks like a twin of yours.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ada!! Happy New Year :) thank you so so much for having me as your co-host for this link-up, and I truly meant it when I said you're one of the most genuinely nice and warm women I've been blessed to meet in the course of blogging. You're very generous with your time and kindness, and always make the time to come over and visit my blog, for which I am eternally grateful and appreciative. With much love to you and Vivian xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun cold weather outfit. I love the beenie. Thanks for linking up for The Weekly Style Edit. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ada, your boots really kicking it. your whole look is fabulous and perfect for a blustery winter's day. thank you for sharing your styling ideas on my Fine-Whatever link up.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how the scarf pops out! Everything goes well together! :)
    www.sincerelymissj.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love this cozy outfit
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for the feature Ada! You look super cute. Hope you're having a great week!

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning! Plaids make everything gorgeous. Lol!

    Edwige | http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I totally love this hat. Thanks for linking up for The Weekly Style Edit. Hope to have you join us again this week. xo~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute outfit!!! Thanks for sharing at the Grace + Lace Linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  31. But this is barely a strategy, especially if you do not know the date of the drug test in advance (90 days in advance to be precise). Usually, knowing that far in advance is not possible anyway. As a result, this cannot be an effective solution to your problem. In general, daily activities do help reduce the level of drugs in your body. But the process is gradual. Regular washing and detoxification help flush out the toxins from your body in addition to various daily activities, ultimately reducing the level of drugs in your body. After about three months, the level is usually negligible. When you consume drugs, your body metabolizes them. They travel through your system and some of them end up in your hair follicles as they contain fat cells that help absorb and retain them for a long time. This is how drug metabolites end up in the hair strands and get embedded in the roots and shafts. So even the tips of your hair — unless it’s very long — may test positive for drugs that you consumed just a couple of days before the test. Hair testing can detect numerous drugs — both prescribed and illicit. A person may have last used cannabis a few months ago and still be tested positive today. They are usually more time-consuming than other processes. Cannabis, opioids, PCP, methamphetamines, and cocaine use can all be detected with this test. Most drugs are detected by this test only if they have been used recently. A saliva test for cocaine, opiates, and methamphetamines will detect use within the last few days. This test would only detect marijuana usage within the last few hours. You will be asked to spit into a tube or collect a mouth swab for a saliva examination. Detox drinks follow a similar technique as water, as the objective is to diminish your pee so the Tetrahydrocannabinol metabolites will enroll beneath the 50ng/mL edge, but they don’t actually strip Tetrahydrocannabinol from the bloodstream or urine when it comes to passing a drug test.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts