Thursday Moda #36: Red Buffalo Plaid Vest for Fall.



Hey you all. Welcome to the first Thursday of November, a blissful, thankful month!

Before we get to today's pretty outfit, let's touch a little bit on the elephant in the room. The elephant would be me (lol) and I am referring to my new chopped hair, which is now a short, sassy bob. I cut off 11 to 12 inches or so and believe it or not the back is an inch to two inches shorter even. This occurred last week, right on time before the beautiful reception/wedding I attended last Saturday. From what all of you have said on Facebook and Instagram, what all my co-workers, friends and all of the family (which I got to see last Saturday) have said, this haircut is a hit with everyone and to tell you the truth I am loving it though I need to learn how to perfectly style it. It has a lot of volume. What do you think? 
Oh and today I am co-hosting with the lovely KRISTIN from Countdown to Friday an American blogger currently blogging from beautiful Germany. I love the name of Kristin's blog, first of all. Kristin and I are styling very similar Red Buffalo Plaid Vests and with Thanksgiving coming up, we decided to go a little dressy.  Both of our outfits are perfect to wear to a Thanksgiving dinner you are invited to. They make great outfits for the month of December with all the holidays coming up, too. This lovely, stylish girl has only been blogging for 6 months but I love her style and her blog so much, I read every single post from the beginning. I think that is the ultimate compliment you can give to a blogger when you start following them and I have only followed Kristin less than 2 months ago. It is my pleasure to have her grace my blog, today. Like me, she also loves and shops at Old Navy, Banana Republic and Target - three of my most favorite stores. She has a great wardrobe, a killer smile, gorgeous hair in the perfect length and style and I love her photo-shoots too, all over Europe.

I decided to pair my Red Buffalo Plaid Vest with my Red Cherry Pleated Midi Skirt. I put on a Black, Elbow-Sleeve, White Rose Intarsia Sweater underneath and an Edgy, Mixed Metal Chain Necklace from my latest Rocksbox. The heavy necklace called for simple earrings so these Fun-Shaped, Charcoal Druzy Kendra Scott Studs (also from Rocksbox) paired so well with the necklace. My new Patent Leather Mary Jane Pumps from Banana Republic are Ivory but with a blush undertone to them, so they matched my Soft Leather Dusty Pink/Blush Purse very well. The Red Cherry Skirt is new from J.Crew and purchased the same day as the pumps, last week. I had a fun shopping trip and picked up some great pieces from both J.Crew and Banana. Lucky for me, J.Crew marked down the skirt at the moment I arrived at the store. I got it for less than 50% off the $98 price tag. As soon as I got it, I knew I would style it with this vest. The Black+Red Prints are charming together and though there are 3 patterns on the outfit, it is still quite monochromatic. And yeah bare legs and elbow sleeves because it was quite warm, though on the shade and for the wind my puffer vest was perfect. I am having a huge lust after cherry prints recently. I may have purchased a couple more. Come back here next Thursday to see some more. I wore this outfit the day after my haircut. I wanted to debut my new hair at work with a stylish outfit and some new clothes. So, did I do my haircut justice with this look?








Vivian wanted to hug and kiss mommy the entire time I shot these photos. She told me I was beautiful at least half a dozen times. She even made me late for work. She kept saying: "mommy, cherries and roses, Vivi - bows". As far as the bow, she is referring to her new Gold Bow, Pink Graphic Tee.




It must be warm in Germany this Fall too, because Kristin is also in short sleeves and no tights. I love how our black-frame sunglasses are in a similar shape.

The Details:
Black Cat-Eye Silver Mirrored Sunglasses: Pitaya (New) (similar, Steal, love these), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge).
Gray, Faux Leather Wrap Bracelet w/ 3 Square Crystal Stones in the middle: The Limited (New) (similar, multi-stranded option, love this), (similar two-stranded option, Splurge, my Favorite).
Mixed Metal Silver+Gold "Talitha" Collar Necklace with Chain+Spikes: "Talitha" by Jenny Bird via Rocksbox (New) (identical), (similar, Steal, love this), (similar, Great Deal).
Sterling Silver Twist-Shaped Ring w/ Light Pink Crystal in the middle: Kohl's (similar, Huge Steal, love this), (similar w/ pink heart, Great Deal), (similar w/ dolphin, My Favorite).
Charcoal/Steel Gray Stud "Tessa" Earrings in Platinum Druzy: Tessa by Kendra Scott via Rocskbox (New) (identical in black druzy), (identical in light gray, on Sale, love these), (very similar in rose quartz druzy, Steal), (similar in black druzy, Fantastic Deal, My Favorite).
Get your own monthly rental from Rocksbox and you can use my own special code-  ADABFF39 - to get a free month of Rocksbox jewelry delivered to your home.









Black, Elbow-Sleeve Intarsia Sweater w/ White Rose: White House Black Market (similar, on Sale, love this), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).
Black Pleated Silky "Olympia" Midi Skirt w/ Red Cherry Print: J.Crew (New) (identical), (gorgeous similar option in white, love this).
Black Cat-Eye Silver Mirrored Sunglasses: Pitaya (New) (similar, Steal, love these), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge).
Mixed Metal Silver+Gold "Talitha" Collar Necklace with Chain+Spikes: "Talitha" by Jenny Bird via Rocksbox (New) (identical), (similar, Steal, love this), (similar, Great Deal).
Charcoal/Steel Gray Stud "Tessa" Earrings in Platinum Druzy: Tessa by Kendra Scott via Rocskbox (New) (identical in black druzy), (identical in light gray, on Sale, love these), (very similar in rose quartz druzy, Steal), (similar in black druzy, Fantastic Deal, My Favorite).
Gray, Faux Leather Wrap Bracelet w/ 3 Square Crystal Stones in the middle: The Limited (New) (similar, multi-stranded option, love this), (similar two-stranded option, Splurge, my Favorite).
Sterling Silver Twist-Shaped Ring w/ Light Pink Crystal in the middle: Kohl's (similar, Huge Steal, love this), (similar w/ pink heart, Great Deal), (similar w/ dolphin, My Favorite).
One Olive+Lime Green Ombre Crystal Bracelet + One Burgundy+Red Ombre Crystal Bracelet: A Local Michigan Boutique.
Dusty Pink/Light Blush Soft Leather Purse: Urban Expressions (similar satchel, on Sale, my Favorite), (similar, Huge Steal), (similar elegant option, Small Splurge, love this).
Ivory Patent Leather, Mary Jane Pumps w/ Block Heels: Banana Republic (New) (similar in ivory+black, Great Deal, My Favorite), (similar in black+white, on Sale, love these), (similar, Huge Splurge).

During last week's linkup I noticed a lot of Fall trends and layers as all 117 of you linked up. This week when I chose my favorites, I was very much attracted to ensembles featuring hats (I love big hats for Fall) and my two favorite colors for this Fall: Wine and Potter's Clay (Rust). You will see beautiful, understated gray too and I am enamored by those gray gradient long tunic sweaters the ladies below styled. A couple of these outfits were worn by ladies who attended Fashion shows in their respective cities. The name of the game was: Fall Colors and Layers.
'The Tie Neck Blouse' is elegant and gamine on pretty Erica. She exudes Parisian prep.
Jess shows her 'Chic Style for Fall' in a collaboration with a New York designer. That coatigan with the oversized lapel is beyond gorgeous.
Alex wore several lovely outfits for 'Kansas City Fashion Week', none more Autumnal than this one. I want her kimono.
Lana explains her love for 'Scarves' in this post. She mixed this fall-hued scarf with that "50 shades of gray" long cardi whom I love.


This week's Featured blogger is TERRI from Meadow Tree with her Dark, Very Elegant, Black+Gray Monochromatic Look. That sheath is very chic but it was the accessories that sealed the deal for me. The zippered mini clutch, bootie pumps, dark nail polish, chunky chain collar necklace and ribbon-stripe fedora are all very pretty. I have only discovered Terri's blog for a short while but this lady is always a class act. She looks great in a pair of trousers. You must follow her, especially if you need style inspiration for put-together and very stylish looks for a 50-something.

This week's Fabulous "Thursday Moda" Co-Host: Countdown to Friday.
Below is a snippet of late outfits Kristin has worn that I loved. I need her collection of black footwear and gray sweaters because both are fab!
From Kristin's Mouth:
"Hi! I'm Kristin and Countdown to Friday is my space to talk about my two passions: fashion and travel. I've always loved shopping on a budget and trying to make the most of my closet with flexible work and weekend pieces. I believe that you can look great and feel confident without breaking the bank.  And as an American currently living in Germany, I also share my travel adventures. If you have a passion for fashion and travel, please follow me on Instagram,  Bloglovin,  Pinterest! I've been blogging for about 6 months and I love connecting with others who enjoy style and have a taste for wanderlust."

Also linking with Ana Luiza and Michelle for their "Start Off Stylish" Linkup.
Lastly, linking with the ladies of "The Blended Blog".

Now join the linkup and make some new friends!


















Comments

  1. I think this lenght is so beautiful on you! Real good and I am a sucker for pleats these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair so cute!!! I need this vest! The buffalo plaid is adorable!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Buffalo plaid vest is so perfect for fall! I love this entire look Ada. Thanks so much for the link up!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vests, and your cherry print skirt is so cute! Great hair cut as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cherry, pleated skirt is so Cute! It looks great with the red buffalo plaid vest - I need to add one of these to my wardrobe. I like your sassy new cut, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair Ada, the shorter length looks great on you!! I'm also loving the buffalo plaid vest. Such a great piece for the fall and holidays.
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute mix of patterns, love that vest especially.
    Rachel xo
    www.garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit! Especially your skirt, so cute.
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those cool mirrored sunnies, lady! Digging the color, too!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great piece to have in your wardrobe! Love how you did some print mixing and those are the cutest heels!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is by far one of my favorite looks. I adore how you mixed the prints SO PERFECTLY ADA!

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. So love the print mix & little Vivian is such a cutie!!
    XO
    -InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the little cherries, so retro Ada, cute! Great pattern mix, which I hope to do more of this fall. Cool sunglasses, love the shape on you. Vivian is darling as always!
    jess xx
    www.eleganltlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving all of the pattern mixing and plaid that's going on! And your new 'do is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the best compliment to your mothering skills, Ada, that Vivian wants to hug you all the time :) and your skirt is just so LV, I can't handle it. Must be the cherries. Love the bob, are you thinking of adding highlights or changing colours too?


    Much love!!

    Do come by my blog tomorrow for the weekly Friday Project Sister Act Link-Up? I'd love to see you there xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the hair, Ada! It's so fun to change up the 'do and It is nice to play around with the volume of shorter hair! Try doing the messy beachy waves! You know I live by that look.

    Vivi is so adorable. I know you cherish that she wants to give you hugs all the time. You're such a good mom.

    --Roxanne
    Glass of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cherries on your skirt as so fun and I love them paired with the plaid. A great alternative to pairing plaid with florals.
    Love the new hair do - you were brave for cutting off so much in one go!

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. your vest is really pretty! you had great luck to find that sale as soon as you get to the store!!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hair looks amazing.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the short hair looks fab on you Ada!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing!! Love the new haircut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Great mixing of prints!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the new haircut Ada! You look fab :)
    Suzy x
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for letting me cohost with you! I love seeing the rest of your outfit pictures and that skirt is just amazing. Also, I almost bought those shoes from Banana recently! Great for work and a dressed up Thanksgiving look. Enjoy your weekend!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look stunning ADA. This vest is perfect for the season. Love your skirt too and how you mixed these patterns.

    Edwige | http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful post! I had no idea I was the featured blogger. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Greetings form tehfreezing north! You look so cosy (and enviably summery). And I love those sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look amazing!! Love the new haircut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How funny today on my blog post I wore a buffalo plaid poncho! I love plaid for Fall and this vest is great!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a fun fall outfit, Ada! Buffalo plaid is perfect for fall. =)

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE that vest! Such a cute outfit! XO Susan www.themidlifefashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your print matching look it looks so pretty! That is a cute picture of you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your outfit, Ada, very stylish mix of colours and patterns. Thank you for inviting me to your link up
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ada, I absolutely love your print mixing. The buffalo plaid vest is so cute and your've paired it perfectly with the skirt, top and accessories. Fun pictures with your little girl! Thanks again, for visiting my blog and inviting me to the link up! - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your shorter hair looks lovely and that red plaid vest is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the mix print! Your plaid vest goes perfect with that skirt!! Your looking chic with your new haircut... I love it :)
    Thank you for hosting,

    xo
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your new haircut! It really suits you. The cherry print skirt is gorgeous!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this combo of red and black girlie! This is probably one of my fave outfits so far of yours!!! :) Thank you so so so much for the feature love!! :) xoxo

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loving the buffalo plaid! So cute!!

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. oooh, I need this cherry print scarf in time for next summer! So cute

    http://www.michellespaige.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts