Monday Mood: Mommy and Daughter Dates.

First of all Happy October! Happy Halloween month! Happy first full month of Fall! Happy Breast Cancer Awareness month! I meant to write up a weekend post but work, home stuff, relaxing and taking care of Vivian who has been feeling a little sick, took priorities. 

Like most of you, I work on Mondays (10 hours to be exact). Like most of you, a lot of times I have a case of the Mondays or I feel the Monday Blues. I decided to do these "Monday Mood" posts sporadically. This first one is both a Mommy+Daughter post, a Real Life post and a Style Post. But they won't all be Style /Fashion-related or OOTD posts. Some of them will be related to books, some to TV, some to poetry (I write poetry), some to makeup and so forth and so on, whatever my mood is on that particular Monday. Here goes the first one!

A lot of times I go on dates with my daughter. I try to have minimum one date a week with her. It is important for us to spend quality Mommy+Daughter time outside of home as well and I want her to remember these special times. I want her to grow up and have beautiful memories of these dates and days spend just with mommy. Sometimes we make it a girl date and have my mom (grandma) join, sometimes my sister in law or sometimes my cousin Gloria (who is like a younger sister to me and I love her very much). Our dates consist of spending time at the library, eating dessert like cupcakes, ice cream or frozen yogurt, going for brunch or eating out at a restaurant, going to a cafe and walking down-town whatever cute little city/town I decide to take Viv on. Of course we have several outdoor dates and playground dates too. And sometimes we go for a walk by the farm we live close to and see the horses, ducks, chickens, all the birds that fly by, etc. Of course, over the Summer we had a few pool and beach dates, too. On an occasion or two we have gone for a mani+pedi. I absolutely love all these dates and free leisure time spent with my beautiful young daughter Vivian. It is quality time spent with the most important person in the world, to me.

Today's photos are mostly taken from two dates, one from this past August where both aunties (my sister in law and Gloria) joined us to go to the Great Lakes Crossing mall - the largest mall in Michigan and one of the biggest outlet malls in US. The second set of photos were taken on a learning trip I took Vivian. We went to see grandpa's workplace (one of his workplaces - he teaches a class at a local college), where she had fun playing and coloring on all the colored papers, running around and exploring a whole new place and being her very friendly self. BTW, these photos were snapped with my phone so not the best quality, some of them you might have seen on Instagram already.

Vivian's Outfit:
Polka Dot "Dora the Explorer" Graphic T-Shirt: Disney (New).
White w/ Floral Print Linen Shorts: Old Navy.
Light Peach, Oversized Lace Bow Hair Clip: JC Penney's (New).
Pink Socks: Carter's.
Gray+Hot Pink Waffle Sneakers: Wal Mart.
With my Sweet Gloria. I love her Twisted+Neck Top and those White Lace Toms.
Mellow Yellow+White Thinly-Striped, Fit+Flare High Neck Sleeveless Dress: Old Navy (New) (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Steal, love this), (similar, dressy option, Great Deal), (gorgeous lace dress, small Splurge, my Favorite).
Cognac Vegan Leather Reversible Tote (with Mint inside): Wal Mart (New) (similar, Steal), (similar w/ wallet, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Fantastic Deal, I own this too, my Favorite).
Taupe/Light Mocha Double-Buckle, Gold-Metallic Belt: Pitaya (New) (very similar in brown, Steal), (similar in Black, Fantastic Deal, love this), (similar, Great Deal).
Royal Blue Pave Globe Beaded Bracelet: A Boutique in Albania (similar, Great Deal), (similar, small Splurge, my Favorite).
Gold-tone Ring w/ Semi Precious Square Orange Stone: Kohl's (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, my Favorite).
Closed Circle, Gold-tone Cuff: Pitaya (Gifted by my sister-in-law; New) (very similar).
Twisted, Gold-Tone Cocktail Ring w/ 1 Druzy Stone & 1 Grayish-Olive Stone: H&M (New) (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).

Vivian's Outfit:
Turquoise Ruffled Nautical+Polka Dot Halter Top w/ Bow + White Knee-Length Shorts (2 piece set): Youngland (New).
White+Black Zebra Feathered Butterfly Hair Clip: Gifted (New).
Lavender + Color-Striped Plastic Sunglasses: Target (New).
Pink+Silver "Aurora" Disney Mermaid: Bronner's Christmas Store (New).
Pink Socks: Carter's.
Black & Hot Pink Sneakers: Nike's (Gifted).
Baby Blue/Serenity Floral Eyelet/Lace Cold-Shoulder Cropped Blouse: Francesca's (New) (similar, Splurge, my Favorite), (similar, lGreat Deal), (similar in cobalt or neon orange, Steal, love this).
Dark Blue/Indigo Denim Pencil Skirt w/ Long Slit on the front & Embellished Silver Bird on the front: XOXO (Old) (similar, Steal), (similar w/ double buttons, love this), (similar, on Huge Sale), (similar midi option. Splurge, my Favorite).
Black Cat-Eye Silver Mirrored Sunglasses: Pitaya (New) (similar, Steal, love these), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge).
Black Flower Stud Earrings w/ Silver Stone in the middle: Forever 21 (similar set of 3, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love these), (similar, small Splurge).
Dainty Oval-Shaped "Elisa" Necklace in Rose Gold Druzy: Kendra Scott via Rocksbox (New) (identical, Splurge), (similar, Huge Steal), (same in silver druzy, love this), (similar).
Closed Circle, Gold-tone Cuff: Pitaya (Gifted by my sister-in-law; New) (very similar).
Cognac/Camel Real Leather T-Strap Sandals w/ Cone Block Heels: Naturalizer (similar, Steal), (similar, on Sale, love these), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Splurge).

Also linking with the ladies of "Tuesday Talk": BeckyBethLauraMichelleStasiaStephanie and Whitney.
And, I am linking with Ana Luiza and Michelle for Stylish Monday.





Comments

  1. Beautiful photos dear, Well put together, I like it.
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet that you have special time just with Vivian! Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute flowy top you wore with the skirt ! and of course you know I like seeing Vivian, she is no longer a baby, she's a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely remember those special dates I had with my mom and we still do shopping trips together! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy daughter dates are definitely important! You're little one is so cute!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look so cute on yoru mother daughter dates!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to great lakes crossing in a lot time. I think it great you have mom and daughter outings. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that this mum-daughter time is very important. Vivian is such a cute girl. Have a nice week and thank you for sharing this post with My Red Carpet.

    Anna xoxo
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post, Ada! Now I am looking forward to reading some of your poetry! I used to write a lot of poetry when I was younger but I have not in many years. I wonder if I even know how anymore.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ada I love hearing about the time you spend with your daughter and making your time together special. Love both outfits, the oTS top is very pretty on you. Your daughter is growing up fast!
    thanks for linking up with turning heads tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mother/Daughter dates are so great! It is so important to develop healthy relationships with are mothers and daughters.

    Thank you so much for linking up at Grace + Lace!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! I am much older than your daughter but I still enjoy mommy/daughter dates

    http://www.michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts