Thursday Moda #11 and Sneakers (plus Walmart).

Happy Thursday Everyone! Thank you to all of you who linked up last week and welcome to a whole new linkup. Today I have Pretty Neon Pink Chucks for you... and you won't believe where I got them.
...Wal Mart! Yes, Wal Mart - that is where my Pink Converse-like Sneakers are from and so is the rest of this Outfit minus the Jewelry and the Bag. The Bag is vintage, courtesy of my mom and the Jewelry is borrowed from one of my Rocksbox-es. I loved how the Bright Coral Leggings and the Hot Pink Chucks worked together. That Black Kimono has white embroidery and some fringe in it. I cannot recommend my leggings and t-shirt enough. The leggings are so well-made, pretty thick and not see-through and these scoop-neck t-shirts are made of soft 100% cotton. I love that they are a tunic length. My sneakers are actually from the girls department. I am blessed with small feet (I wear a 6.5) and my pair is a 4 in girls' sizes. Basically my entire Cute Outfit from Wal Mart is under 40 bucks. This is an example of mixing high and low since all the jewelry and the bag are designer pieces. Have you ever shopped for your clothes at Wal Mart? They do have adorable clothes for kids and toddlers there by the way - so I suggest you check them out. I rarely shop there for myself when it comes to clothes but I lucked out with all these.

This week's co-host is SHEA from Shea Lennon. We are both moms to very active toddlers who are just months apart in age and we are both showing our Casual Mom Sneaker (Spring) Style today. Shea will soon be adding another baby to her home, too. I have only discovered Shea's blog for about a year but I loved her blog so much I have even read several past posts. She has been blogging for over 6 years and hers is the perfect fashion and life-style blog. I love her everyday style. It is always chic even when she is dressed casually, like today. I have on Pink Chucks and she has on Neutral Slip-on Sneakers. She kept her outfit in neutral tones (love her utility olive vest) while I did add a huge dose of bright colors from the waist down. You should go by and say HI to Shea - you will love her cute blog!

White Scoop-Neck, Short-Sleeve Cotton Tee: Wal Mart (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar), (similar, Steal).
Cropped Black, Short-Sleeve Kimono w/ White Embroidery & Fringe: Wal Mart (New) (similar, Splurge, love this), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
Bright Coral/Orange Ponte Leggings w/ Pockets on the back: Wal Mart (New) (similar, on Sale, love these), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
Coral Sparkly Pave Chevron Hair Barrette: A Boutique in Albania.
Bold Selina Crystal Necklace: Perry Street, borrowed via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
Sophee Drop Earrings in Silver: Kendra Scott, borrowed via Rocksbox (New) (identical), (similar, Splurge), (similar, Steal).
"Follow Your Arrow" Cuff Bracelet in Silver: Slate, borrowed via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Steal).
Silver Ring w/ Square Black Onyx Stone: Zales (similar, Splurge), (similar, love this), (similar, Steal).
Black Faux Alligator Handbag w/ Long Handle: Vintage (Borrowed from Mom) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal, love this).
Bright Pink Canvas (Chucks) Sneakers: Wal Mart (New) (very similar, the real deal, Great Deal), (similar, on Sale), (cute slip-on style, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
You can still use my special code to get a free month of Rocksbox jewelry delivered to your home: ADABFF39.


Last week once again there were over 100 entries and many adorable Spring looks, especially dresses - as my top four favorites in this week's chosen also prove. So many pretty Spring dresses, so many hard decisions for this fashion-lover. Ultimately, here are this week's features:
This week's featured blogger is EMILY from Darling, Dearest. Emily linked up the prettiest Floral Paisley Dress which has the prettiest bright yet soft colors (IT colors of the year: Rose Quartz and Serenity plus Lavender). The length of this dress is perfect and the sleeves are so romantic. You can dress it up like Emily did with her neutral clutch and gold heeled sandals and go to a Spring Wedding wearing it, but I can see it dressed down also, like for Memorial Day Weekend with some flat sandals or canvas slip-ons. You may remember Emily from my very first linkup. She co-hosted "Thursday Moda #1" with me and collaborated with me on a Blanket Scarves styling week, that same week. I have only been reading Emily's blog for a while but I love what she writes and every outfit she posts. She is one stylish teacher. Make sure you check out her blog and follow her, also.

Lizzie is 'All Laced Up' in her Beautiful Rose Quartz Off-Shoulder Dress with Adorable Block Heel Sandals and a Panama Hat, complete with Fresh Flowers.
Shellie claims to 'Rock Skinny Jeans over 40' and she is not joking. I love her fabulous Blue Rose, Hi-Lo Dress Over the Skinny Denim.
Lauren feels like a 'Dancer Emoji' in that Stunning Red Dress - you've got to see the back! Love her Edgy Booties and Adorable Cactus Clutch.

Thursday Moda Co-Host: Shea Lennon.
Take a sneak peek of some other cozy and chic looks from Shea, just three of my favorites (below).
From Shea's Mouth:
"Hi Elegance and Mommyhood readers! I'm so thankful to Ada for letting me co-host today. I’m an ice cream-obsessed working mom living in the suburbs of Kansas City (go Royals!). I created Shea Lennon as a fashion and lifestyle resource for busy, stylish women on a budget. I share articles that showcase affordable, attainable style, recipes, and other lifestyle ideas to help you live a more creative life. Other than my blog, you can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram."

P.S. Linking up with Adri + Jessica, Alice, Ana Luiza with Michelle, Annie, Brooke with Erica, Carrie with Jill, Christie, Claire, Dawn, Grace, Elle with Jacqueline, Heather, Jalynn,
Also linking with the ladies of The Blended Blog. 

And now join the linkup!
Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood







Comments

  1. Love your bright pink Converse inspired shoes. I'm wanting to get a colourful pair of Converse Chucks to compliment my black and white pairs, but can't decide on a colour.

    Thank you for the link up!

    Away From The Blue Blog | Recent Post: Baby's birth story & hospital style

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant surprise, a great way to end my day!! First of all, thank you for featuring me!! A wedding was exactly what I pictured this at too, but I love the idea of dressing it down with slip one! Speaking off, I'm a sucker for Walmart sneakers. Over the years, I've bought so many, often in multiple colors. You just can't beat that price! Walmart does have some good finds every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a great bargain find? your looking fabulous. Thank you for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time make you older but your mind is young. I really love your style.

    http://glamourworld24.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking fab!!!!!
    xoxo

    ❤ Johanna.
    http://www.dreamscolorsandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often find gems at Walmart...you just have to look a little bit. Isn't great to be able to shop girl's shoes too? It gives you so many more options; I have several pairs from the girl's department.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute sneakers & love that kimono! Have a great weekend Ada:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your pink pants! As much as I love my mom I so wish she was stylish like you are!
    xo, Lee
    wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pink sneakers are so cute! Love the pink and black combo!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for the feature!! I love your pink converse :)
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some really cute stuff at Walmart! Love those fun tennis shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great Walmart finds! I have definitely found some great pieces at Walmart that I wear over and over again.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pink sneaks!

    If you still haven't, why don't your check out & join this huge GIVEAWAY I am hosting for JEWELRY TELEVISION (JTV) where a dazzling pair of 18k gold chandelier earrings is at stake - Have a great weekend!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I own one pair of Converse...the real ones, and I think I wore them one time. Unlike you, I have large feet, a size 9, so I feel like a duck when I wear Converse because they make my feet look even bigger. I think they look best on people with small feet. Biggest waste of $50 I ever spent. As far as buying clothes at Walmart...rarely. I bought a few pairs of pants there and the zippers kept breaking, so I quit buying clothes there. If my eye spots a cute top, I might pick up that. Love your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your pink sneakers! The entire outfit is great!

    Happy Thursday, Ada! And thanks for the link up!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't go wrong with comfy and cute sneakers!! I love that their pink too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute converse! I've been loving all the sneaker options lately. So cute and also so comfy.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pink Chuck-look-alikes are so cute, and I'm so impressed you found them at Walmart. I rarely go there but it sounds like it's worth the trip! Thanks again for having me as a co-host Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First Ada...who doesn't love Walmart---those sneakers are the greatest---I just got a pair about 6 months ago in grey as I wasn't sure if I'd like them. But they are definitely keepers---they make me feel like a teenybopper!!
    Second, I wanted to commend you---I think it's so nice you show multiple pictures of your co-host when you introduce her!
    Thanks for hosting,
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the color of the pants, and not to mention they look super comfortable too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw shoes like those at Walmart as well and thought about getting them but then I spent some money at Target instead. I will definitely look into them for next time. Walmart has some awesome jewelry clearance deals that I admittingly fall into occassionally.
    Looking lovely Ada, thanks for hosting.
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving that cool kimono and the sneakers with this, Ada! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, Ada! I love that you picked up everything at Wal-Mart! Stylish, comfy, and cute. I appreciate your review of the leggings, especially because those can be hit or miss and you definitely don't want to be going out in see-through leggings! Your hair is so long! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful rest of the week.
    --Roxanne
    Glass of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that sneakers and other forms of comfort footwear are making statements in the fashion world - I'm linking up my sneaker look today too!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those shoes are such a fun find! I think Walmart has really stepped up their fashion game lately.

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that you found the pink sneakers at Wal Mart! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those pants are amazing! What a fun colour!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those pink sneakers! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a fun look! Love the bright pink!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  30. CUTE as a button my friend!! LOVE this color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the pink Converse!

    Thank you for hosting and hope you are having a fab week!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Who doesn't love pink sneakers!! Thanks for hosting the link up!
    xx-Shannon
    www.gamineandstripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love those pink Converse! They add such a nice pop to the look :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/bell-sleeves/

    ReplyDelete
  34. You definitely scored with those sneakers! Kinda jealous you have such small feet ;-) thank you for hosting and for linking up with weekend wear
    Have a great weekend
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hot pink is the deal! And walmart totally rocked it this time! :) thanks for the link up and chance to see your fun style!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the pink! Walmart came through! Thanks for the link up and chacne to see your fun style!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the pink! Walmart came through! Thanks for the link up and chacne to see your fun style!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such pretty bright colors, Ada! Your sneakers are too cute. Cannot believe you found all of these pieces at Walmart! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your pink sneakers! I am a fan of pink and of sneakers so this look is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  40. You can never go wrong with a pair of chucks.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great look Ada, love your pink sneakers :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are wearing my favorite shoe!!! I have that exact color. Great look Ada! Thank you for hosting.


    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com
    STYLE NUDGE

    ReplyDelete
  43. in your 'dressed up, dressed down' look you look fabulous and comfortable ... a great combination. thank you for posting with the Up, Down, All-Around link-up

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the colors!! Thank you for hosting XOXO!!

    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2016/05/linkupwithlisa-48-happy-mothers-day-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love this bold colored pants Ada! So perfect for spring. Have a wonderful day!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have a pair of monogrammed converse, but I should get a pair in a fun color! This outfit is so colorful and the perfect chic casual! Looks great on you!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. i love those sneakers! such a cute, fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  48. In love with your bright pink pants & cute kimono! Looking good!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Really pretty! I'm loving your blog too, let me know if you would like to follow each other! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such quite brilliant hues, Ada! Your shoes are excessively adorable. Can't trust you discovered these pieces at Walmart! Have a magnificent end of the week. Also carry biker leather jacket it will look great on you

    ReplyDelete
  51. If you’re unsure whether your cleansing product has removed THC and its metabolites from your urine, this at-home drug test is a cost-effective and reliable way to find out. When you open the THC detox kit, you’ll notice that there’s only one single-use weed test strip inside. Before you open your pouch, make sure it’s at room temperature. The test panel should be used as soon as possible after it is opened. Also, make sure you have a strong urge to urinate before doing the test. Sub-Solution Synthetic Urine—Best synthetic pee formulation 4 Visit: https://www.urineworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts