Everything is New !!!

Welcome to an all new, beautiful, much improved and organized blog. Doesn't it look pretty and clean? If you are a first-time reader, I just had my entire blog re-designed. The lovely Ashley from The Grits Blog did it for me and made me such a happy girl. I was so happy to see it all come together. It is very me: clean, elegant, girly but not too much, in blush (Rose Quartz) and mint green with touches of red. I will talk about the blog design more throughout the week but for now just browse around, check it out and let me know what you think. =) So, yeah this was one of the big things I was working on lately, on top of a very busy personal work schedule, house issues and health issues for all of us as a family and horrible migraines I had to deal with. It has been such a hectic last few weeks. On top of that, we have had a lot of snow and my picture-taking has suffered from it. But you know: all is well that ends well.

To celebrate this new design and 4 years of blogging (this Spring I am coming up on 4 years), I am also wearing new threads. It is great to start off a new month with something new and exciting like a blog re-branding and redesign. Plus the colors are perfect to kick off Spring. And yes, everything I am wearing is new, from head to shoe: from the Gorgeous DV Espadrille Flats, to my Jacquard Wrap Skirt, my Chiffon Blouse, the Foldover Clutch, this Gorgeous Colorblocked Blanket Scarf and all of my Jewelry courtesy of Rocksbox. And I am continuing my Blanket Scarf week and for the next three days I am joined by the Beautiful and Stylish Emily who blogs at Darling Dearest. This girl owns a ton of Blanket Scarves and always wears them with such an ease.  She looks great here. A white background windowpane blanket scarf is one I need, too.

I love how my New Colorblocked Blanket Scarf acts as a Winter Rainbow to my canvas of Neutrals: Navy, Camel, Off-White and Black. All my three new pieces of Rocksbox Jewelry this time around were in a gold tone with some gorgeous green stones so I paired them with more gold-tone jewelry, more green stones and a pop of red which brought out the red from the Blanket Scarf. Plus, with all the pops of green, I am not just hinting at Spring but it is a great idea to wear a little bit of Green for Saint Patrick's Day coming up. Though let's face it, we are covered under inches of snow and you can not see any green anywhere in the nature. 

Also, today I am co-hosting Monica's Weekly Linkup. Please make sure you follow Monica's Blog. She has really cute feminine style with a country flair and she is the best when it comes to painting+styling her nails and doing her hair.

Rayne Necklace in Green: Kendra Scott Borrowed c/o Rocksbox (New) (identical), (same in light green), (similar, Steal).
Viola Ear Jackets in Gold Tone: Gorjana c/o Borrowed c/o Rockbox (New) (identical for a Steal), (very similar), (gorgeous option, Great Deal, love these).
Native Legend Cuff in Malachite (bright green): House of Harlow, Borrowed c/o Rocksbox (New) (identical, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, small Splurge).

In my second Rocksbox, I received one of those gorgeous Rayne Necklaces from Kendra Scott ($64.00 with the special price), a green stone triangle cuff by House of Harlow ($62.00 with the special price) and some Dangly Gold Earrings by Gorjana (they called them earring jackets but to me they weren't really jackets) ($52.00 with the special price). I had put the bracelet under my wish-list, so I was glad I received it. It is a very pretty bracelet and I wish I owned it but in my opinion it didn't justify the price. The Rayne Green-Stone Necklace was the item I made mine and I wouldn't mind owning it in another color too. The Earrings were my least favorite item. They were cute but nothing special and I thought they were very pricey for what they were. Just like the first time, my stylist this time had chosen 3 pieces that mixed+matched well together. I mean look at those 3 items above, it is like you are meant to always wear them together. F.Y.I. You can still use my special code to get a free month of Rocksbox jewelry delivered to your home: ADABFF39. It is a service I plan to continue at least for another month or two. It is fun. 

The Details:
The Camel Espadrille D'Orsay Flats bring out the Camel from the Blanket Scarf and match the Sequined Bronze Bow Barrette nicely. And all the Gold Tone Jewels work with the Camel too. Also, a Red Elephant Charm Bracelet to match my Red Ruby Ring.

Camel, Faux Leather, Woven, Espadrille D'Orsay Flats: DV via Target (New) (size up) (identical), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal, love these).
Silver+Gold Antique Ring w/ Large Oval Semi-Precious Lavender Stone: from my Grandma (similar, Splurge), (similar, love this).
Silver Cubic Zirconia Ring w/ big Pear-shaped Stone in the middle: Meijer's (similar, small Splurge), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Steal)
Gold Tone Stretchy Woven Bracelet w/ Red Enamel Elephant Charm (part of a 3-piece set): A Local Accessories Boutique (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal),(similar, Steal, love this).
Gold Tone Ring w/ Rectangle Shaped Red Semi-Precious Stone: Express (gorgeous option, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
Sequined Bronze+Black Tuxedo Bow Barrette: Wal Mart (New) (very similar, Splurge), (similar, set of 3, Steal, love these).

I added some of my own gold+green pieces to match the gold+green jewelry I received from Rocksbox. Don't the flower studs and flowers on the bracelet look like clovers?

Rayne Necklace in Green: Kendra Scott Borrowed c/o Rocksbox (New) (identical), (same in light green), (similar, Steal).
Viola Ear Jackets in Gold Tone: Gorjana c/o Borrowed c/o Rockbox (New) (identical for a Steal), (very similar), (gorgeous option, Great Deal, love these).
Native Legend Cuff in Malachite (bright green): House of Harlow, Borrowed c/o Rocksbox (New) (identical, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, small Splurge).
Gold XO Tennis Bracelet: Lord & Taylor (very similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (very similar, Steal)
Gold-tone Thick Chain Bracelet w/ 2 Flower Charms: c/o A Local Accessories Boutique (New) (gorgeous option, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal).
Gold+ Green Citrine Tennis Bracelet: JC Penney (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Steal).
Silver Ring w/ large Square Citrine Stone: Meijer's (borrowed from Mom) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal, love this).
Tiny, Bright Green Flower Studs: c/o A Local Accessories Boutique (New) (similar, small Splurge, love these), (very similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).

Last but not least, this outfit has different Textures and different Blues: the Jacquard Skirt, the Faux Leather+Faux Shearling Clutch, the Colorblocking of the Navy with the Cobalt Blue and the Fringe of the Scarf. And if you stop by sometime next week I will show you another way I have styled this Off-White Blouse from Lush, with yet another Blanket Scarf. =)

Gray/Blue/Red/Camel Colorblocked Blanket Scarf: BP via Nordstrom (New) (similar, Splurge, love this), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Huge Steal).
Navy Faux Leather+Faux Shearling Foldover, Envelope Clutch: Old Navy (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal, love this).
Navy+Black Jacquard Camouflage Wrap Skirt: Banana Republic (New) (identical, on sale), (similar, Splurge), (similar, Steal).

Gray/Blue/Red/Camel Colorblocked Blanket Scarf: BP via Nordstrom (New) (similar, Splurge, love this), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Huge Steal).
Ivory/Off-White Chiffon Sheer, Split V, 3/4-Sleeve, Oversized Tunic Blouse: Lush via Nordstrom (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Steal)
Navy+Black Jacquard Camouflage Wrap Skirt: Banana Republic (New) (identical, on sale), (similar, Splurge), (similar, Steal).
Navy Faux Leather+Faux Shearling Foldover, Envelope Clutch: Old Navy (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal, love this).
Outlast, Long-Wear, Moisture Lipstick: Cover Girl in " Magnetic Mauve 945" (identical + I love it, Great Deal), (similar, Steal), (similar, Splurge).
Rayne Necklace in Green: Kendra Scott Borrowed c/o Rocksbox (New) (identical), (same in light green), (similar, Steal).
Viola Ear Jackets in Gold Tone: Gorjana c/o Borrowed c/o Rockbox (New) (identical for a Steal), (very similar), (gorgeous option, Great Deal, love these).
Native Legend Cuff in Malachite (bright green): House of Harlow, Borrowed c/o Rocksbox (New) (identical, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, small Splurge).
Tiny, Bright Green Flower Studs: c/o A Local Accessories Boutique (New) (similar, small Splurge, love these), (very similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
Gold XO Tennis Bracelet: Lord & Taylor (very similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (very similar, Steal)
Gold-tone Thick Chain Bracelet w/ 2 Flower Charms: c/o A Local Accessories Boutique (New) (gorgeous option, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal).
Gold+ Green Citrine Tennis Bracelet: JC Penney (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Steal).
Gold Tone Stretchy Woven Bracelet w/ Red Enamel Elephant Charm (part of a 3-piece set): A Local Accessories Boutique (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal),(similar, Steal, love this).
Silver Ring w/ large Square Citrine Stone: Meijer's (borrowed from Mom) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal, love this).
Silver+Gold Antique Ring w/ Large Oval Semi-Precious Lavender Stone: from my Grandma (similar, Splurge), (similar, love this).
Silver Cubic Zirconia Ring w/ big Pear-shaped Stone in the middle: Meijer's (similar, small Splurge), (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, Steal)
Gold Tone Ring w/ Rectangle Shaped Red Semi-Precious Stone: Express (gorgeous option, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
Sequined Bronze+Black Tuxedo Bow Barrette: Wal Mart (New) (very similar, Splurge), (similar, set of 3, Steal, love these).
Black Opaque Tights: Old Navy (New) (similar, Splurge), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal).
Camel, Faux Leather, Woven, Espadrille D'Orsay Flats: DV via Target (New) (size up) (identical), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Steal, love these).


P.S. Linking up with Alice, Allison, Amanda, Brooke with Erica, Carrie with Jill, Claire, Elle with Jacqueline, Elizabeth, Grace, Jalynn, Katherine, 
Also linking up with the ladies of The Blended Blog. Their theme for this month's linkup is wraps/outer wear and I am themed all week for this prompt, so it's perfect.
I am also linking up with Becky, Della, Rachel & Tiffany and their theme this month is "March Madness". While I do not have on a sporty or support-your-team look, I have on lots of Navy Blue which is University of Michigan's School Color and I proudly graduated from U of M.
Lastly I am linking up with Andrea, Dawn Lucy and the other ladies of "My Refined Style".


If you made it this far, thank you so much for being here, for reading and for your support.
Stay tuned tomorrow for my very first own link-up, titled "Thursday Moda". I would love for you to join Emily and myself, tomorrow. =)


Happy Hump Day to all and join Monica and I on our link-up below.











Comments

  1. so chic outfit dear,i love your cape and necklace..
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog design is so clean and pretty! Love the colorblock blanket scarf and this cute look on you!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blog look! It's so pretty and elegant. Congrats! Thanks so much for the link up too. :)

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada, the new blog design looks sooooo wonderful! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I love the new blog! It's so fresh and very polished/professional looking. Congrats! Great outfit. Love the poncho with the skirt.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your skirt and top! Looks great with the poncho too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute blog design! I LOVE that Kendra Scott necklace! You look great, I'm coming over from Monica's linkup today!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliments and for stopping by Lily. I love Monica and her style.

      So glad that you stopped by, today. Also, starting tomorrow I am hosting my own linkup called "Thursday Moda" so welcome by and link up. Thanks so much, Ada. =)

      Delete
  8. Lots of good stuff going on. I love the new blog design and layout, what pretty colors too. I am excited for all the things you have in store. I hope your migraines are doing better, I sure was praying.
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words and your prayers. Because this girl has had enough of migraines. Thanks a lot, my friend!

      Delete
  9. Lovely accessories and congratulations on your 4 years of blogging , i love your colorful poncho. Great pictures.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding my blog and stopping by UZO. I am checking out your blog now. Hope to see you at my linkup, tomorrow. Thanks again. =)

      Delete
  10. I love the wrap skirt and the blanket scarf looks amazing on you! I love your attention to detail in your outfit, you look like you stepped right out of a magazine. You look gorgeous girl! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new blog design! The colors are so pretty! I'll let you in a little secret, I've been working on a new design, too! Hopefully it will be up soon :) And those new espadrilles are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is funny cause the last few times I have been to your blog I have loved how simple but pretty and well-designed it was. And I have loved all the splashes of Blush on your blog, too. I thought of you too when I saw my own design completed because of all the blush/light pink - your favorite color.

      Anyhow, I cannot wait to see your new design, beautiful!

      Delete
  12. Loving your new layout. Hope you headache go away soon.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new layout Ada ! It looks so nice and this is such a great skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have been MIA but I will be back very soon. You have been and still are one of my first readers and supporters of this little old blog of mine and still continue to be. =) You are amazing, Lorena!

      Delete
  14. I like the jewellery here! Lots of colour and love the pops of green. A great post. Thanks for sharing it with us :) Laura www.shehearts.net xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new blog design!!! It's so clean and crisp!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Biana. Means a lot coming from you since you are such a great person when it comes to design. It reminds me a little of your blog layout since you have some beautiful blush color in there too.

      I have been MIA but trust me I have been sooo busy. I will stop by later today and catch up more this weekend, too.

      Delete
  16. Love the new layout, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ginny. Hope your little Hannah is doing great. =)

      Delete
  17. the new design is beautiful, Ada! And I love this outfit. The accessories are stunning!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new layout and launch, Ada! I love the pink and white, so pretty! I also love all of your outfit photos you've shared, that color block cape is so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful day and rest of the week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a blanket scarf! Looks cute on you! You think Rocksbox is worth it? I saw it but am confused by the rental program. http://mymonochromaticlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the new design!! Congratulations on your new pretty site.. Love how girly it looks too with all the pink and white. :) Have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the new design!! Congratulations on your new pretty site.. Love how girly it looks too with all the pink and white. :) Have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your new blog design! This is one of my goals for this year - a complete redo, including my name. Love all the colors in your outfits this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah!! Great new look Ada!!

    Lots of great styles here too :) Thanks for linking up..

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am SO happy you are happy! I really love your new layout and am so happy we got to work together! Let me know if you need anything my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colors in your blanket scarf, and how you styled it here. I said it in the last post but I'll say it again... the new design looks awesome!! LOVE it friend, congrats on the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your new design and the great color block scarf too!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Congrats on the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the new look and colors you chose! What a great scarf!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts