Stripes, Khaki and Blogger Inspirations.

Hello Ladies. Today I am doing something I rarely do: post an Outfit I have currently on. That's right, this is today's outfit that I am wearing in real life. I wore this outfit picking up Vivian from daycare, running to the bakery, having a cup of machiatto and I plan on wearing it to the class I teach this evening as well. I wanted to get this Outfit in, so I could join Whitney's Link-up. She and Alex have been doing a challenge on Friday's where they each wear an Outfit and the following week, one of them takes an item or element from this outfit and puts it into their own outfit. Like a Take One, Pass it On. Last weekend they decided for all of us to join in, so they created a Fun Link-up. 
I absolutely loved Whitney's Outfit from the previous week and even told her it is one of my favorites she has ever worn. Of course it is, since I love stripes and scarves. So, the item I am passing on from Whitney's Outfit into my own is the Black+White Striped Tee. But in a way I'm "copying" her in more ways than one. I have on a scarf tied very similarly to Whitney's and I also have on Nude/Neutral Flats. But who is counting the similarities, really?! LOL I actually have been meaning to wear my own B+W Striped Tee and lately I have also worn my Neon Pink Striped Scarf (from today's post) which I love, so whether Whitney had on a Scarf or not, I did mean to wear my double stripes with my Tee and Scarf. I kept the bottom simple and neutral with my Full Khaki Skirt with pockets (Love!!) and my New Chanel-inspired Espadrille Loafers (Love!!). I must say this Outfit came out even more lovely than how I pictured it in my head. And my pop of Pink is for Breast Cancer Awareness as well. How do you like it?

Coincidentally enough, last time I showed this Scarf on the blog (a year ago) I was inspired by another blogger, KATE from A Journey in Style. Look at that outfit, below. 
Like Whitney, Kate is a Stylish Teacher who mixes Classy looks with the latest Trends. As a matter of fact, I can totally see Kate wearing my own outfit today. If I am not mistaken, she has very similar pieces. Kate is also known for her "Take One, Pass It On" Outfits she creates, just like Whitney. Both Kate and Whitney are doing their own Remix Challenges this month, also. Whitney is wearing a fresh Outfit each day by utilizing just 15 pieces from her closet. That is 31 Outfits ladies and that is incredible. White Kate is doing a challenge she titled "the 21 Day Buffet" where she decided upon choosing 21 different pieces from her closet and mixing them in with other pieces, challenging herself to wear some neglected items along the way. Well ladies, you know how I feel about remixing your wardrobe and stretching your wardrobe to the max. If you haven't checked out these two Fabulous Bloggers, I hope I convinced you to. Also, Whitney is co-hosting Confident Twosday today with the the Lovely Laura, so go ahead and join this fun link-up, like I did. She is rocking another Layered Striped Outfit which I adore. Coincidence?!


Vivian's Outfit:
Baby Pink, Velvet, Sleeveless Dress w/ Ruffled Hem: Gifted.
Pink, Long-Sleeve, Cotton, Mock-neck Tee: A Local Children's Boutique.
White Knit Tights: Carter's.
Pink+Coral, Plastic, Minnie Hair Clip: Disney Kids.
Baby Pink & Hot Pink Sneaker Sandals: Happy Kids.


Amy Fashion Blog
Both Vivian & I are wearing Pink in honor of October which is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Join Amy's Fabulous Link-up if you are wearing Pink in support of this great cause.






Comments

  1. That skirt is to die for! I love the details - monochromatic stripes, pockets and a bow? Perfection! And I love how you linked up with Whitney. Me, too! I feel like part of an exclusive club. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt and the shirt /scarf stripe combo is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea for a link up! I love all your pictures with your daughter, she is precious and you both look so happy.
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt, especially now that I know it's in "real time"! I've never done that before. I am usually in my sweatpants and a t-shirt a few minutes after I walk in the door! Also, I adore that owl sweater, especially with the pink pants. I am a little addicted to "critter" style sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink is your colour, love this scarf on you. Can't believe how much Vivianne is growing, at this age they grow so fast. Funny today you are posting what you are actually wearing and I am posting a yesterday outfit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very nice look on you, Ada! I really am a fan of this khaki skirt - such great details along the hem and that terrific bow. Your black and white striped top is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great look today! Perfect!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your khaki skirt! The pink scarf is a great addition too.

    From Jing at www.bejingxu.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great skirt and love the double stripes!!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nails both of these outfits. Always thanks again for join in my link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun outfit. I like how both your tee and scarf have stripes. That challenge sounds like fun!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I love the stripes on stripes and puffed sleeves of your top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun challenge! I love the stripe on stripe combo and your skirt is adorable with the bow!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this look on Whitney too, your take is so fun. The bow on this skirt is such a fun touch too. Love seeing Viv as always too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Loving the stripes and your take on the looks! Those hot pink pants are Amazing!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfits! Love the owl sweater and the stripes on stripes. You and Vivian both look super cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the striped scarf with the striped shirt. And the khaki skirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are seriously the BEST! Thanks for all of the shout outs and for linking-up. Way to take the challenge and amplify it! You did a "take three, pass it on." Not to mention I just love this outfit. That skirt is amazing and probably goes with everything. Cute skirts AND you make my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great look. I love full skirts and stripes, so it hardly can get any better than that ;-) Vivian is adorable as always :)

    Alex - Funky Jungle - Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great look, Ada! I´ve never tried the b/w stripes and nude combination, I might try this one too. ;)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the shoulders on your stripe top with the ruching! Beautiful skirt too. Good to see Vivian again, lovely pictures of you both Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stripes are my fav pattern! Love the khakhi and stripe combo!! Your daughter is so adorable Ada! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. That skirt is very pretty! I like the bow detail :) It's good to get inspiration from other bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love love love your stripes and scarf look! It's super cute and has a refreshing feel.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this look on you. The skirt is so adorable with the bow,and I love the stripes with the scarf. Super cute daughter pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are right, I could totally recreate your outfit! I did something similar this month, but with a purple sweater on top. I can't believe how quickly Vivian is growing up! Thanks for the shout out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay, I love all the pink in this post. BC awareness is strong here. but get the mammogram is the message, huh? I'm glad you love the fishnets in how they go with my personality. That's nice of you and nice to hear. Thanks for being at Fashion ITEM Friday and for making two comments.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great inspiration shots - such a good idea! And I love all the photos with your cutie daughter!! Thanks for linking in to #AllAboutYou

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ada,
    Great inspiration. I love stripes and try to incorporate them in everything. Love these looks. Thank you for stopping by and linking up with the Thrift Sisters.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts