Spring Must Haves: A Statement Dress.

Welcome to the second week of the Spring Must Haves series that I am doing with the Beautiful Amy Ann of The Real Arnolds. If you are new here, Amy and I are collaborating for a 6-week series where we will show you what we think are some items that every woman should have in their closets for Spring 2014. Last week it was all about FLORAL!! Amy showed you guys a Floral Tee and Floral Tunic-Dress while I showed you a Floral Scarf and Floral Pants.

This second week our Must Have is a Statement Dress. I am so glad we both agreed on this because a Statement Dress is such a pretty piece to have, I would say to have one of these for every season, actually. This might be my most favorite yet since I Love Dresses. A Must Have Dress for me would be something in a Bold Color, a Fun Print/Pattern, a Classic Style or Shape like a Wrap Dress or Shirt-Dress, a Timeless Sheath or a LBD. Amy's Must Have Dress is a Wrap Dress in a Champagne Color with an Artsy, Fun, Blue Leopard Print that reminds me of a Safari. My Must Have Dress is one in a Beautiful Cobalt Blue, also a Wrap Style. It is such a fun coincidence that Amy and I both chose Dresses that are in a Wrap Style and the Color Blue. After all Dazzling Blue is one of the main Colors chosen by Pantone, for 2014. Amy chose to accessorize her Pretty Statement Dress with a Neutral Bag and Sandals plus some Gold Jewelry. A Very Chic Work Outfit that can later go to Dinner+Cocktails, is the end result.

For my Outfit I decided to Dazzle you with this New Dress which I purchased at the end of December. I got this Dress with another Dress, a Shirt and a Skirt for a whopping combined total of $66. I love end-of-season sales. The Dress is a Faux Wrap style (which means it's sewn in, doesn't actually tie). I layered a Navy Seamless Camisole underneath the open V-Neck, just like I did here with a similar Dress. I accessorized with a Pretty, Beaded Lariat Necklace and Belted the Dress with a Shiny Black Belt (it comes with a Gold Belt on its own), then added a Sparkly Crystal Cuff and My Nude Pumps that seriously go with everything. I wore this Outfit exactly a week ago today meeting up a friend for coffee and ice cream and job-talking. Since I was without Vivian, I decided to dress up a little. Plus the weather was gorgeous. I got compliments left and right that day which obviously felt really good.
Cobalt, Long-Sleeve, A-Line, Jersey, Wrap Dress: Mango (New).
Navy, Stretchy Nylon Camisole: Lycra.
Lariat Necklace w/ Different-sized Black+Gray Beads: White House Black Market (I love this Necklace).
Silver Pave Cuff w/ Small Crystals: White House Black Market.
Charcoal-Black, Patent Leather Belt w/ Intricate Gold Buckle: Thrifted (New).
Round, Maroon-Red, Plastic-frame Sunglasses: Gucci (Birthday Gift) (New).
Nude, Round-Toe, Patent Leather Pumps: Apartment 9 (Kohl's).

So, what do you think of my Statement Dress? Go check out Amy's too. Head over her blog to see the details on her Fabulous, Retro DVF. And if you will wear any Statement Dresses this week or sometime next Monday or Tuesday, let Amy or I know and we will feature some of our favorites in one or both of our blogs, next Wednesday. And there will be another NEW Statement Dress tomorrow here, so stay tuned. =)

Since Amy' is on her amazing Hawaii Vacation, the Featured Looks from Floral (last week) are over here today. We both selected these 6 ladies whose Gorgeous Floral pieces had us at "Hello!"

Angela wore a Gorgeous Floral Peplum Top with Dark Skinny Jeans and Classic Black Pumps.

Danielle in a Floral Blouse and Necklace stayed true to herself by wearing Bright-Colored Jeans and anchoring the Outfit with a Navy Blazer and Nude Ballet Flats.

Inge in a Fit+Flare Floral Dress brought out the Soft Pastels and Femininity of the Dress by adding a Lavender Cardigan and some Girly Drop Earrings.

Jill in a Gorgeous Floral Mini paired with a Light Chambray and Nude Pumps for a Tres Chic overall look.

Rachel in Beautiful Floral Pants (that costed 10 bucks!!) paired with a Light Pink Sweater and T-Strap Pumps that match the Pants exactly, created an Elegant Office Look.

Valerie in a Small-Floral Classic Dress kept the look Monochromatic with her Green Blazer, worn at the office.

P.S. Linking up with Shanna, Victoria, Melaina, Lindsey, Alison, Sarah, Tara and Andi (since Blue is definitely Nautical).





Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. You're right - blue is best :)

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to add a statement dress to my closet! Love the wrap style of your dress and that it's belted. The cobalt blue is such a great color on you! Thank you so much for featuring my floral look from last week!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color!! I love that dress on you and the shoes are fantastic! Thanks for linking up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!

    L,
    Vicky
    themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is lovely on you! I really like the belt you wore with it, too! I have one that's just about identical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous in blue and your legs look a mile long!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shade of blue, but don't stop at just one statement dress, surely a girl should have at least twenty?! P x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is such in a pretty shade of bue, Ada and love it that you àired it with nude heels! You look fabulous. Gotta check Amy Ann´s blog too, you girls are rocking your dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I mean paired and not ¨aired¨, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous statement dress! Love the blue... also thank you so so so much for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This wrap dress is pretty, and looks great on you! Thanks for including me with the other pretty ladies in florals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning dress! And so versatile! I hope you will feature lots of different ways on your blog! And you are so stylish in choosing one of Pantone's colors for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of your looks!!! So fun for spring!!! Thanks for including little ole me in your floral blog outfits that had you at hello. It made my day!!!!! I really appreciate the love from you. Thanks so much!!!!!
    ~Angela
    www.prettyinherpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress is such a great color and looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE that we both picked such similar dress in similar shades and posted using similar wording. This is so fun! You're dress is so great. Cobalt is such an in color this year. I love all the floral too! Thanks for doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All so gorgeous!! Loving the blue and floral :) Lovely spring highlight.

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The blue is such a great shade! Lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful color on you Ada! Your legs look miles long in it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your statement dress - such a fabulous color!!! I love that you've cinched it at the waist with that great belt - so pretty! xoxxo Danielle @ For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  19. That color is gorgeous on you! Love the dress. I don't wear dresses very often because I work from home - but I do love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look stunning in blue! The dress fits you amazingly! Glad you got to get dressed up and meet a friend! It's so important for us moms to get a little bit of free time!

    Thank you so much for the sweet words your left on my blog today! You are so sweet! I enjoy getting to know you!

    xo, Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This shade of blue is very pretty on you. Love that you kept the accessories minimum to make the dress the focal point.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty blue dress and your legs look awesome in those nude pumps! Very stylish floral looks you featured. I'd love to be included in next week's post!

    Katie - See What Katie Wears

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone's looks are so beautiful! And that teal/blue tone looks gorgeous on you! Thanks for including me!
    xo
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cobalt is such a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay! I'm so excited that you want to use one of my pictures for your statement dress roundup! I'm so flattered! Thank you so much. I will definitely link back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cobalt is one of my favorite colors and this is a great dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts