Cargo Olive Skinnies - 2 Casual Looks and Mommy Talk.

Before we get to today's two outfits let's talk a little bit about real life. As a first-time Mom, everything I experience with Vivian is new to me. Of course I have done a lot of reading about babies and toddlers (before having her and after), talked to friends who have older kids, shared experiences with my mom, mom-in-law, aunts, etc. but every child is different. I have a lot of neighbors and friends who have children a year or two older than Vivian and almost all of them told me that kids get sick a lot, especially after they turn one. This is totally the case with Vivian. Fortunately, she almost never got sick the first 12 months of her life. Even when she took her 2-month, 4-month, 6-month shots etc. But then January hit and as soon as she turned one, she got sick really bad with a cold virus, high fever etc. It took her over two weeks to get better. As soon as she got a little better and we needed to have her take her 1-year shots, she got sick yet again, and then again and again. When we started her on daycare 2 months ago, she continued to get sick even more often, despite the fact that she goes there part-time, just 4 hours a day. Of course, our very unstable weather this whole year hasn't helped matters either. Since I myself have gotten sick 3 times, as well.

And now that she is teething badly, a lot of her new teeth coming out are accompanied by high fever, a bad cough, stuffed nose, etc. Poor little girl cannot catch a break. It is heart-breaking for me to see her ill and in pain. Due to not feeling well she has been cranky too, hasn't had as much energy and her appetite is very small. Two days ago, I got a phone-call from her teacher at the daycare, telling me she had been crabby, crying and in pain all day. So I had to pick her up early. I will tell you, I hated that phone-call. There is nothing worse than having practically a stranger (in a way) who takes care of your baby while on daycare, call you to tell you that your child is in pain. It is heart-breaking and difficult. Thankfully the daycare is a 4-minute walk distance from our home, just in the neighborhood. But what if I was at a job interview or something? My point is, experiencing your child being sick is very hard and it saddens my heart because all I want is for her to be happy and healthy. These last few days especially have been brutal. She is staying home till she gets better. As a matter of fact she is sitting on my lap as I type this. She still has some fever but is pretty low, thankfully. Sending your positive vibes our way so that she gets better and is back to feeling her spunky, energetic self full of life, is very much appreciated. And to all of you who have commented and e-mailed me, thank you so much. =) Speaking of E-Mail, I will try to get back to everyone's E-Mails hopefully no later than the beginning of next week.

Today's Twofer Outfits are very very simple but sometimes that is best, especially since they were worn grocery-shopping and making a pharmacy run in our neighborhood. I basically remixed my New Olive Green Cargo Pants (purchased in February) for a great deal of 5 bucks. I reached for them two days in a row, while it was a little chilly out. Comfort was key as I was running around like I said. First, they were paired up with my New Cream Sweatshirt w/ Lace on the front (purchased in March) for 10 bucks and my Gold Boat-Shoes which are such a Soft Leather. I added a Long, Silver Teardrop Pendant Necklace layered with my Short, Silver Peace Pendant Necklace. It is hard to tell but the Sweatshirt has the number 08 printed in the middle. The next day I paired them with a Bright Purple Button-down Shirt. This Light Knit Shirt from Gap I have had for many years. Both of these Outfits remind me of Inge since she has worn her Olive Green Pants with Soft Neutrals or Cream a few times, looking Casual-Chic. Also, lately Inge has shown us combinations of Olive with Purple and I loved how it looked. Lately, Cheryl paired her Olive Green Skinnies with Pink here and that is another combo I loved and will try in the future. Do you own a pair of Olive Green Cargo Skinnies? If so, how do you wear them? This is my second pair actually; I own some darker ones also.
Cognac, Real Leather, Skinny Belt w/ Gold Buckle: c/o a Local Accessories Boutique (very similar, on sale), (very similar, set of 2, great deal), (similar, set of 2, excellent deal).
Silver Chain Dainty Necklace w/ Small Pave"Peace" Pendant: Gift from my Mother-in-Law (from Turkey) (New) (very similar, sterling + cubic zirconia), (love this), (sterling silver, great deal).
Silver Chain Long Necklace w/ Teardrop, Black-Beaded Pendant: White House Black Market (WHBM this year's version, excellent deal + a great cause), (similar, best deal), (similar, great deal), 
Light Orange, Round-face, Quartz Watch: Gift from My Husband (New) (very similar, on sale), (similar 1), (similar 2, love this).
Light Peach Bangle w/ Silver Beads twisted around a Silk RibbonA Local Boutique (similar, set of bangles, best deal), (similar, set of bangles, great deal), (similar, genuine stones, on sale).
Cream, Lace-front, 3/4-Sleeve Sweatshirt: Sublevel (New) (very similar, great deal, love this), (similar, best deal), (similar, gorgeous option)
Olive Green Pants w/ Cargo Pockets: Sublevel (New) (similar, best deal), (similar, on sale), (similar, love these).
Gold, Soft Leather Boat Shoes w/ Buckle detail: St. John's Bay (JC Penney) (similar Sperry, great deal), (similar, love these), (smoking loafers, gorgeous option, best deal).

Oval-Shaped, Olive Green, Plastic Sunglasses: Old Navy (very similar), (similar, great deal).
Silver Chain Dainty Necklace w/ Small Pave"Peace" Pendant: Gift from my Mother-in-Law (from Turkey) (New) (very similar, sterling + cubic zirconia), (love this), (sterling silver, great deal).
Cognac, Real Leather, Skinny Belt w/ Gold Buckle: c/o a Local Accessories Boutique (very similar, on sale), (very similar, set of 2, great deal), (similar, set of 2, excellent deal).
Real Leather Turquoise, Logo Wallet/Small Clutch: Bebe (similar, on sale), (similar, SAVE), (similar, SPLURGE).
Sterling Silver Ring w/ Square Blue Stone in the middle surrounded by 3 tiny Silver Stones on each side: Kohl's (very similar, gorgeous option, great deal), (very similar, on sale), (similar, love this) - all options from Kohl's, just like mine (I love this ring).
Sterling Silver Ring w/ Oval Light Pink Stone: Express (very similar, gorgeous option from Kohl's), (similar, great deal), (similar, love this, on huge sale).
Olive Green Pants w/ Cargo Pockets: Sublevel (New) (similar, best deal), (similar, on sale), (similar, love these).
Purple, Cotton-Knit, Button-down Shirt: Gap (very similar, best deal), (similar. Portofino option, love this), (purple plaid, great deal).
Black, Round-Toe, Patent Leather, Ballet Flats: Steve Madden (similar), (great deal), (love these).

P.S. Linking up with Allison, Anna, Caitlin, Claire, Lauren, Rachel, Renae and Victoria.
Thanks for reading! =)





Comments

  1. That´s a steal with the price of your olive cargo pants, Ada! I love the olive green and cream combination, I might try that as well in the future and ooops, I´m wearing silver loafers instead of gold but I think yours is gold, no? I can´t see it´s color clearly from the pics. ;)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear it has been such a tough few months with her! It's terrible to have a sick little one. Love seeing your look two ways.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no kids but have heard when kids go to daycare. They get sick a lot. I hope Vivian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feels better soon. I hit the publish button to soon.

      Delete
  4. I really like both of your outfits! I am all about simplicity too, especially in the summer! And I hope Vivian gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great showing a look two different ways! I love the pants and orchid top combo. Hope your little girl feels better soon!

    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great remix! I really like your lace sweatshirt and olive with purple is a great choice. I hope poor Vivian is back to her happy energetic self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love olive pants! They can go with so many things. Thanks for the encouraging words and you also have a great weekend. Thanks for being at *FiF* so faithfully! ♥, Renae

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter always had colds, coughs and ear infections the first year of daycare. After that, her immune system was built up and she rarely got sick. Hopefully you will turn that corner soon! It's so hard when they are so small and not feeling well.

    Love the olive pants and both looks but my favorite is with the lace sweatshirt!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the two ways you have styled your olive pants. I seriously need to add some to my wardrobe. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    Jennie@ http://apocketfulofpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww I'm sorry to hear about Vivian :( I don't have any kids of my own yet, but I work in a school for kids with special needs, and I always feel bad calling the parents to tell them their child is sick or having a difficult day. I plan on being a working mom someday so I'm sure I'll find myself in that position eventually. I'll be thinking of her!

    Your outfits here are great! I really want a pair of olive cargos that I can wear to work!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear Vivian has been sick :( I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, so sorry to hear that your daughter has been unwell! I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Vivian feels better soon! Love the pants and both tops look great, but I really like the cream colored top. And yes, of course you can feature one of my outfits next week my friend!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Green really goes well with orange or brown. I love the accessories that you chose to wear with this pants =) #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both looks, but the neutrals look really stands out to me! Great pieces as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no, I hope Vivian starts feeling better soon. Thanks for the shout-out, olive pants are so fun to style, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your rocking those great pants, loving both looks :) aww sorry to hear your little one has been poorly, hope she is feeling loads better now ? thanks for sharing over at the weekend blog hop...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate that Vivian is feeling bad!! Praying that she gets better!!
    You look amazing in those green cargo pants. Love both of the shirts you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts