My Baby Story: 26 Weeks and Gender Announcement!!

Good Morning on this lovely Sunday. I woke up fairly early considering I didn't have to worry about an alarm clock since I am off today, plus the time changed. We gained an hour of sleep. I slept a good 8-9 hours so I am good and ready to kick the day. =)

Speaking of kicks, I have felt the baby kick a few times last night and while sleeping, during the night-time. I guess the bigger the baby gets, the less room for HER to move around in. And yes, the cat is out of the bag. It's a girl!! I would have been extremely happy whether I was having a little boy, a little girl, or twins (I come from a family who has twins). But when I found out at 15 weeks, there was an 80% chance it was a girl, the motherly side of me and the feminine side of me became so emotional and my happiness went on an overdrive! We shared the news just with our parents and siblings and a couple of close cousins. We wanted to make sure it was a girl! On my next ultra-sound, she wasn't cooperating. Her legs were closed and she was sleeping so it was hard to see the gender. And finally on a third ultra-sound after that and during my 3D sonogram, it was confirmed that SHE WILL BE PRETTY IN PINK!! So, we later shared the news again with our family and close friends. We still haven't announced what we are having, on Facebook, and we probably won't. So you ladies get to find out sooner than when I was planning to tell you (she has another 12-14 weeks to arrive), but since you have all been so patient and kind with your wishes and have looked forward to me announce it, I promised last week - I would let you know. So during this month of October, in honor of Breast Cancer Month as well as in Honor of My Little Girl, I have worn a lot of Pink, whether full out, an item of clothing or a simple accessory like shoes. I have particularly worn a bunch of Baby Pink - eventhough it is a color I don't own a lot of, or wear often.


How Far Along: 26 weeks.
Total Weight Gain: 9  lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Yes, I broke them in a couple of weeks ago, especially pants. I still wear refular clothes about 50/50 though, especially tops. I own several things that are either empire-waisted or loose enough to go around the tummy and my chest.
Best moment this week: Finding out, we get a whole luggage of clothes for her, that my mom, dad & aunt have purchased in USA. We pick up the luggage from the airport, this coming Thursday and I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE what's inside.
Miss Anything? Nothing in particular.
Movement: Yes, I have felt several kicks. She kicks more during evenings & night-time I feel like. I am guessing she has gained more weight since the last sonogram so she is getting bigger and stronger and more lively by the day. =)
Food Cravings: Steaks and beef, french fries, mandarin oranges (thank God these are out and are in season - so yummy), lemons, dried nuts especially hazelnuts, and briled chestnuts - which I have at least twice a week.
Anything making you queasy or sick? The smells of busses is usually something that makes my nose go "Yuck" and I have been more and more delicate towards cigarette smoking. I cannot stand its smell or smoke.
Gender: A Beautiful Girl.
Labor Signs: Hell No!!
Belly button in or out? In, very in. Looks the same as before.
Wedding rings on or off? On & loose. Half of the time, I keep my wedding rings on the middle finger, because it has fallen off my engagement finger a few times, especially when I shower, so I am afraid to loose them.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy about the baby usually. A little nervous that she will be here soon and it is almost November.
Looking forward to: Receiving her stuff on Thursday. I am also looking forward to lunch today. We are having lunch at a great steakhouse so it should be good.

Comments

  1. Ada, that is so exciting! I bet she will be as fashionable as her mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very exciting and thank you so much on the compliments. I will definitely keep her on the girly, pretty side. =))

      Delete
  2. congrats on the baby girl
    great news...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyyy! A girl will be so much fun..congratulations!! I cant believe you've only gained 9 lbs....you go little momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Brittany. I eat quite a bit, nothing abnormal but still I eat every time I am hungry. My baby's weight is very normal though so I am not worried. I guess all I have gained has been baby, so far. LOL

      Thanks for the compliments. You are due any day, now!! =)

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you. Congrats on going to have a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness! Congrats congrats! That makes two baby girls from my blogger friends. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I promised you last week I would tell you and now you know. Thanks a Lot, Megan. <3 Ada.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts