Monday, September 24, 2012

Leopard and Red for a Breezy-Cool Summer Outfit.

Good Afternoon Friends and Followers. It is Monday which means a new week begins and the end of September is also upon us. Where did this month fly by? It started great for me though because husband and I sprung a little vacation for ourselves the first week of September. Also, last week was great because the temperatures cooled down quite a bit, to the point that in some evenings and mornings was even cold, a blazer or light outdoors jacket was needed. But I knew it was too good to last. We are back to 80-85 degrees of heat this week, starting today. It is supposed to be about 60-70 in the evening but still it is hot for the daytime. Yikes! While I enjoyed being back in a silk skirt and a tee with sandals, bare legs and no sweater or blazer over, I was also secretly wishing the lower temperatures would continue. But, even though I don't know Tirana very well, I know you get pretty much 5 months of summer here whether you want to or not. =P

We all know leopard and red are forever and a day meant to be perfect partners together (fashion partners that is). I could have worn something less predictable with this silk leopard skirt but my orange-red tee won over. I also chose the tee (besides the color) for the breezy effect, the light cotton material is wonderful. I love the color and scoop neck of it. I added one of my favorite and simpler long necklaces I own, as well as my favorite black thong sandals of this summer and voila! I am linking today with Visible Mondays - Patti's weekly feature on her Not Dead Yet blog. This is the 65th Monday she is doing this, so it's been a good, strong feature for over a year. Check her out and all the other fabulous ladies.

Short-Sleeve, Scoop-Neck, Orange-Red, Soft Cotton Tee: Ann Taylor LOFT.
Beige, Brown and Black Leopard-Print, Flowy, Silk Skirt: Mervyn's California.
Long, Sparkly, Jet, Beaded, Black Necklace: The Limited.
Tory-Burch "Look-Alike", Black, Thong Sandals: Il Cammino.
 
 
 
P.S. My Oufit's Colors today even match the logo above for "Visible Mondays".
 


10 comments:

  1. Red and leopard is definitely the best combo ever. You can never go wrong. Love this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Heather. I do agree, Red & Leopard are a sexy, smart and elegant classic combo!!

      Delete
  2. so cute,follow you,hope you can follow me :D

    http://fashionandthecity-ilda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ilda. I will check out your blog. =)

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful color combination, and such a great, flowy skirt for your baby-in-waiting! You look lovely, and thanks for the very kind words, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada, what a terrific combination, the bright red and the neutral animal print. You look beautiful - and cool! It's just starting to cool off a little here in the Southern USA but I need it to cool off a little more to break out the cardigans and boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Lynn. This week is totally summery and hot for us but I know cooler temperatures are on the way. I love FALL. Boots, leggings, tights and sweater dresses - I am in LOVE!! Though this year will be a little different due to Maternity clothes. LOL

      Delete
  5. Great combination Ada, it reminds me of the Liz Claiborne top I wore recently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta check out your top. Oh, I think it's the one that is part leopard and part red. Yes, Leopard and Red are a match made in heaven!! =)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.