Thursday, August 23, 2012

Classic Combo with a Python Twist.

Hello All. I want to take today to Thank all the new followers, commenters and supporters of my little blog. I really do appreciate it. I take compliments and constructive criticism and accept them just the same. So Thank You All and please keep coming back, when you have a chance!! I hope to bring more than just outfits in the future. I want to kick this blog into high gear. I am actually working on a new font, a new header, maybe a weekly feature, collaborations with other bloggers perhaps, and bringing more fun posts. Actually, this weekend, stay tuned for my First Recipe.  =)

Now, on to fashion. Some work days call for more reserved, more sophisticated, more professional outfits than others. See, some days I spent the entire day in my office and just our employees see me. Other days I have important meetings, seminars, appointments and such. Even-though I don't have an actual dress code per se, the word that was described to me when I got the job is to look presentable and polished. Today's outfit is definitely one of the most polished and elegant work outfits. I love me a pencil skirt and a button-down blouse. This is a classic combination that never goes out of style. This is actually quite a sexy though very sophisticated pencil skirt. It has a real high-waist in a fitted corset style. It definitely shows a woman's hourglass shape. The blouse is a light poplin shirt in a simple and small Black + White Snake (or Python) print. I like the tiny ruffle that goes around the neckline, too. I also have a little mixing of prints going on, since my shoes are polka-dotted.

Black+White, Short-Sleeve, Button-Down Shirt w/ Small Ruffle Around the Collar: The Limited.
White, Sateen-Cotton, High-Waisted, Pencil Skirt: Express.
Vintage-Looking, Dark Gold, Butterfly & Rhinestone Cocktail Ring (Right Hand): Parfois.
Small Plastic Black Hair-clip w/ Blue Rhinestones: Bijoux & Accessories.
Canvas, Black & White, Polka Dot, Peep-Toe Ballet Flats w/ Bows: Steve Madden.


P.S. I am Linking this with Yolo Mondays from Molly's Page.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Your high waisted skirt is fabulous! Loving the snakeskin printed top too. You have found some great pieces at The Limited. It looks like your shoes have a bow on the them. So girly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. Yes The Limited is my-go-to-store. I love it. They should pay me. I am a free-advertisement for them as you are from NY&Co. I own a ton of stuff from Express, too.

      Love this skirt as well and it is loose enough for me to wear for a little longer through September. I have only gained 3 lbs. total through this pregnancy. I actually gained about 5 total but lost them because of the low-blood pressures and just not having appetite in general. I have only gained back about 3 lbs. so far. No pregnancy clothes for me just yet. And yes the shoes have a bow on them. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love the print of that top, perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.