My New Year's Eve 2012 Outfit.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 EVERYONE!! How was your New Year's Eve and New Year Day Celebration? Do you have any resolutions this year? Did you start them yet? Most importantly, do you have any Fashion Resolutions, if so I want to know what they are. =) I have a couple of resolutions of my own and I will post a brand-new blog about them, at a later date. 

Today is Thursday, January 5th - the first Thursday of the year. I took a few days off to celebrate the biggest holiday of the year, though I have been meaning to post since January 2nd or on the 3rd at the latest, but I have been busy, been spending lots of time with my man and his family and some girlfriends. It has been a great though busy New Year thus far. And today, finally - BETTER LATE THAN NEVER - I am bringing you my New Year's Eve outfit.

As I have mentioned a few times before, here on my blog, after 5 years this is my first New Year Celebration back in my home country of Albania. And it is MY FIRST EVER New Year's Eve spent in Tirana (the capital of Albania). We started the celebrations around 9.00 PM having lots and lots of good food over my In-Laws and watching a great NY Eve Program on TV, hosted by Top Channel Albania. Around 11.45 PM up until 12.10 we started watching from the balcony, the show of fireworks into the sky, coming from every direction. Tirana sure knows how to party and celebrate on New Year's Eve, in every aspect and the fireworks were spectacular!! I also had my good-night kiss with my husband, wished him and everyone else in his family Happy New Year, gave his mom, his sister and his dad their gifts I had for the Holiday Season. I Gave them the gifts just a few minutes after midnight. I had a beautiful silver chain necklace with a Topaz Stone for his mom, as well as a beige & leopard print scarf, for her. For his sister I had a gorgeous multi-metallic, basket-woven cuff bracelet and matching earrings (but not as a set) and a pair of mushroom-colored leg-warmers. Last but not least I had a beautiful silk tie for his dad. And for my lovely husband Piro I bought a nice shirt and tie (which matched perfectly and he wore them on NY Eve), a cell-phone cover and a pair of warm, black, everyday gloves.

Around 12.10 AM I started getting dressed and ready for the biggest party of the year. Piro (my husband's name) and I had booked tickets to go to an all-night party @ City Lounge, a hip, modern, fancy and cool Lounge Bar (which usually is a Restaurant too). I wore a sexy little number for New Year's Eve 2012. And as you can tell from the photos below, the dress is sexy coming or going. It is a little black dress featuring Gold Sequins and believe it or not, this was my first time ever wearing sequins on New Year's Eve. I have done an LBD, I have done a bright jewel color, I have done a satin form-fitting dress, I have done pants & a pretty blouse, I have even done feathers on New Year's Eve but never before a sequined dress. The day I purchased this I knew it would be my dress for this New Year's Eve (2012) and I was in love with it and still love it. I got it while I was dress-shopping at Express. While I tried on 4 other sequined dresses there, I knew this was the one my heart was after. So here it is in all its glory. Happy 2012 Lovelies!!

 This is My Dress as Featured on an Express Model and this is how I wore it (below):

As you can see we took many photos that night. I wanted to end this post by posting three of my favorite photos I took, next to my husband - my love. Doesn't he look sharp in his new shirt & a tie I had purchased him as a gift?

 
Sexy, Black Mini-Dress w/ Gold Sequins & an Open V-Back: Express.
Leopard Print Brown/Black, Patent Leather, Skinny Belt: The Limited.
Black Blazer w/ Belt: White House Black Market.
Black Suede Pumps w/ Rhinestone Embroidery: Kafeini (purchased in Turkey.)
Faux Python Red Clutch w/ Ruffle: White House Black Market.
Black, Circle, Glass Jet Crystal Earrings + Black, Stretchy, 6-strand, Glass Jet Crystal (Matching) Bracelet: White House Black Market.
Gold, Rhinestone, Flower Pin for Hair: Swarovski.

Comments

  1. HNY ADA !
    That IS a beautiful dress :)
    My new years resolutions.... well I stay away from them but I am actually considering a shopping ban as I have realized I have a lot of new things on my closet that I have not worn ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorena: like you I am ALL FOR A SHOPPING BAN myself. I plan on going on a huge shopping spree next time I visit USA, be it this year or next year so that will make up for that. Plus, in less than 2 months I have been here I have spent too much, purchased a few new dresses, some new sweaters, some light turtlenecks (great for warm layering), 2 coats and lots of accessories such as earrings, hats, scarves, purses, etc. I am good for a real long time. I just wish I can keep "my promise" to myself, that's all. LOL And I am glad you liked the dress, on me. =) Happy 2012 Beautiful, Kind Lorena!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts