Thursday Moda #206: COVID-19, Uncertainty, Saint Patrick's Day and Living Life.

Who would have ever guessed that on March 2020, a huge pandemic virus would make its rounds through the globe and hit the entire world so hard that every country, every state, one by one, is closing down schools, universities, restaurants, hotels, offices, factories, stores, airports, malls, close down lots of businesses and drastically reduce flights, and gatherings, cancel events, concerts, movie premieres, sporting events, important games. etc. Even the Olympic Games in Tokyo will most likely get canceled this upcoming July. We are really living through some tough times and it is a war with an enemy that seems so hard to fight, a war that - if I am being very honest - will leave us broken, broke, battered, desperate, depressed and downright sad, as we brutally yet hopefully live each day from the couches or our cozy beds we will definitely get to know a lot better, as most of us are home these days. This all feels like it's a very long bad dream that needs to stop RIGHT NOW or like an apocalypse, but unfortunately it is the era of Corona Virus which is killing our joy and at times making us not look forward to Spring, which is less than a week away. This entire thing that is happening in the world today and this state of mitigation and rigorous safety+cleanliness we have to follow - in order to protect ourselves, our health and our loved ones - will most definitely test our last nerve. Being quarantined to our homes almost 24/7 will be tough. Not choosing an outfit every day will definitely change our moods, as will letting go of how we look like, not putting makeup or accessories on, or finding different things each day to keep our kids busy and our minds sane. 

My home country of Albania is even going a few steps ahead: they are spraying all the streets, apartments, hospitals, schools, etc with disinfectants, not allowing any types of car on the street with the exception of the public transportation (busses) that can take to work only police force, firemen and the hospital personnel, leaving open only the necessary markets, pharmacies and bakeries with reduced hours, each day and making every person who walks or uses a bicycle outside to wear a mask and gloves at all times. They have closed off almost everything and was the first country in Europe to do so (even Italy has a lot of its workplaces and plants open still). So proud of my home country of Albania for going to such extreme measures during these very horrific, extreme times. It is really tough for the people there right now, but it is also necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19.

These days life is hard, emotionally and mentally draining, uncertain, confusing, depressing, scary and overwhelming to say the least. I have watched more news and more CNN and live speeches by our president in the last two weeks, than I have in the last 4 years. And unfortunately the news is worse than ever before. What is happening to Italy - a country I adore, whose music and food I love and whose language I love and know fluently, a country I have visited and fell in love with - is heartbreaking to say the least. I grew up watching their awesome TV shows and their movies, listening to their songs, learning their language first-hand, as a child from TV. I hope and pray each day that USA doesn't have the same fate. And I am hopeful. Among this chaos and this tough time that is truly teaching us the meanings of terms like 'social distancing', 'mitigation', 'pandemic', 'working from home' and 'homeschooling' and it's teaching us the values of things we took for granted  on a daily basis because we could easily find them in the stores, like pasta, eggs, rice, water, hand sanitizer and toilet paper, we have to continue to stay strong and be positive. Because  in the middle of this chaotic state of the world and state of mind (for all of us) is still important to do things that resemble our daily routines, our everyday lives that we used to live before the Corona Virus Quarantine. Despite this enemy that has drastically changed our lives, as we walk through busy super-markets with our carts filled to the rim, we have to dress up and show up - yes even at our own homes. It is important that we don't spend every day in leggings, pajamas, old raggy t-shirts, slippers and mismatched socks. It is important to wear your favorite lipstick and do your makeup just like you would on a normal day, before the era of the Corona Virus, It is important for our minds and our bodies to keep ourselves busy and to continue social distancing while we are also cautious when we are out in public. But it is also important to smile, to get dressed, to drink fancy coffee drinks, to create fun playdates for our kids as we are both their parent and their teacher. It is important to have an in-home date with our partners, to start a new hobby or pick up an old one - like I will with this blog. It is also important to go out, see the first steps of Spring, go for a walk or for a run, watch the little ducks in front of your home - I am lucky to live in the neighborhood I do - and to breathe in the fresh air as you read a book from your front porch. 

I did a few of those things yesterday on St. Patrick's Day when every single bar and restaurant in the state of Michigan is closed. I went outside and socialized with one person, I wished my best friend a happy birthday and raised a glass of my favorite alcoholic beverage - red wine - as I cheered for the future and for better days and good health for every citizen of the world! I breathed the fresh air, saw the ducks in the little pond, even fed them and all while I was wearing a real outfit - casual but put-together I must say. I made my black skinny jeans look chic with my black leather Superga sneakers, my marled black+white Loft sweater and some green jewelry including my Kendra Scott long pendant necklace, because despite COVID-19 it was still St. Patty's Day. All topped off with the warmest polar fleece pullover coat by J. Crew in a bright St. Paddy's shade of green. And I drank my wine while I enjoyed a home-made dinner inside, because I still have many reasons to enjoy life, and be happy and hopeful. After every huge storm, comes the biggest rainbow! We just have to be patient, and wait it out a few weeks or a few months but that rainbow will come - I have faith.


If Vivian were to go to school for Saint Patrick's Day, this was the outfit she would have worn. Well life goes on and this is the outfit she got to wore home instead, with slippers of course. I even picked Vivian this new adorable St. Paddy's bow at Wal Mart last week. As always she steals the show.





I am getting my shit together and - after 2 months I am finally - posting my Thursday Moda Favorites from the last two linkups (here and here). Thank you to all of you who still stop by, check on me, comment, link up and everything else. I have been such a bad blogger the last 6 months, but today I am linking my favorite 8 looks from the previous few weeks and I will making rounds on your blogs too and comment - see something good came from this Corona quarantine. Thank you so much and let's beat Corona Virus, we are all in this together! Now, let's get back to some gorgeous fashions.

'Crushing on this Wine Floral Dress'! You and me both Carrie. Love that darling nude woven clutch too and I own the same blush pearl headband.
The very elegant Di is asking 'Winter Please End' and I could not agree with her more. In this post she shows 4 looks featuring black, white and red. Love this particular one with the geo-print cascading coatigan and classic black loafers.
Karen always does neutrals so well. She is showing us a look of 'How to Wear a Long Rope Necklace' and such a striking necklace it is against her simple black tunic pullover.
Shauna linked 'All the Spring Things' by pairing a long lavender maxi dress with that fabulous Eiffel Tower clutch! Her bun is quite perfect I must add.
Laura is very ladylike and ready for the office in a new 'Plaid Midi Skirt'. Great idea to wear it with a black+white bow-tie blouse.
My friend Cheryl always looks put-together, edgy and fashion! In this look of a moto jacket on top of a graphic sweatshirt she shows 'How to Dress Like Kate Moss' and who wouldn't want to?!
Alison is proof that a 'A Classic Camel Coat' is a great piece to wear over anything and everything, including a dressed-down floral midi dress with suede booties.
Last but not least my friend Shelbee took a page out of a blogger whose style she admires. Shelbee styled 'All Black with Burgundy Boots' and a little matching burgundy wool beret.







Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





Image Map

Comments

  1. Ada, I am loving your green fleece! My favorite color and it looks great on you! And cute little Vivian! I adore that girl. Well, I am going to keep sharing outfit posts because there is not much else to do. Positive and fun distractions are what I need so I imagine they won’t be unwelcomed by others. Stay safe and healthy, my friend!

    xoxo
    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot to say thanks so much for the feature! What a pleasant surprise!

      Delete
  2. Hello Ada, Thank you for your inspiring post and continuing your link up during this uncertain time. Love your fleece, and Vivian dressed all in green for St Patrick's Day-so cute! Thanks also for mentioning me in your favorites, I appreciate it. Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pictures of you and your little girl! And the food looks delicious!
    Thanks for sharing and hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care and remember we all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are staying healthy! I didn't know all Albania was doing. That is amazing how far they are going to help prevent the spread of disease. Love your kelly green pullover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that your home country, Albania, is going extra steps to fight the virus. My home countries back in Europe, the Czech Republic and Slovakia are on lockdown. Here, in Singapore, life is still pretty normal. There are a lot of precautions taking, for example, the big gathering allowed (church services, concerts, etc.). But here is virus pretty much under control. I hope it stays like that. I'm glad that we can continue some things we love. Thank you for the link-up and stay safe.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Albania has the right idea, I fear that in Europe the rules are still too relaxed because they don't want to impose it on people. But rules for a few months are better than the virus ruining our lives for most of the year! You and Vivian look cute in your green outfits for St Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ada, I share your feelings of uncertainty. This is a very challenging time, isn't it? It sounds like Albania is doing it right. The good news is that you get to spend more time with your darling daughter! You both looked adorable for St. Patrick's Day! I love that sherpa jacket! Stay safe.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete

  9. If you are stuck with your management assignment then in this case you can opt for our Law Assignments. we provide the best online assignment help.We also provide Business Law Homework Help for students across the globe. for more information contact us +16692714848

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of you outfits are super cute. I have been trying my best to keep things as normal as I can.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheers my dear Ada.
    Its good to hear that Albania is taking further steps to stop this pandemia in your homeland.
    Here its crazy, like you say a bad dream that you cannot get out of.
    We need to keep our spirits up, at least we are home :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts