Thursday Moda #184: Casual Black Mini Dress with Gold Leather Accessories.

As much as I love colors, patterns, florals, bold prints and such, every now and then I need a good piece in a neutral like grey, tan, brown and the best one yet - black - to build an outfit around. Before I had Vivian I worked part-time at White House Black Market which is a very popular all-American clothing brand that has many stores around the country yet gives you that hands-on boutique feeling every time you shop there, because of the way the clients are treated and the very unique and personalized shopping experience they provide. They literally dress you from head to toe since they make shoes too and let me tell you even their heels are comfortable and very cushiony - most of their shoes are real leather. I know all of this even better because I worked there for 2.5 years and to this day I own most of the many many clothes I purchased while working there which have resisted the time in two different aspects: they are classy, beautiful and classic plus in classy colors that go with everything (most of them are black and white or ecru) and also because they are quality pieces and so well-made. But yeah you will spend some money for them as they are not cheap. Think Nordstrom prices. But they always have great sales and for their card members they send a monthly mini catalogue which includes a coupon too.

CASUAL  BLACK  MINI  DRESS  WITH  GOLD  ACCESSORIES.
This Casual 95% Cotton, 5% Elastic Casual Black Mini Dress is from White House Black Market from many years ago (when I used to work there) and so is my Long Silver Necklace with the Black Crystal Pendant, my Enamel+Gold Bangle Bracelet and my Black Crystal Drop Earrings. I love the subtle sort of floral/paisley print on this chemise dress and the very flattering rouching on the side that envelops the tummy area. This dress is easily a blank canvas to wear and pair with any colors. I would probably love it paired with red, magenta or fuchsia the most. But you can also go for a totally timeless, classic combination by pairing it with nude or gold. I decided to go for Gold Leather Woven Designer Bag and my very comfortable Gold Leather Ballet Flats with skinny bows (they are by Gap). I was also wearing Classic Black Opaque Ray Ban Sunglasses and a Silk Rosette Headband with 3 mini roses. I kept my makeup smooth and almost entirely-bare with a very light nude eye-shadow, a little mascara and a light pink gloss for my lips. I think this look is great to transition into Fall. A breathable cotton mini dress with sleeves is a great idea to wear this month since you won't be freezing but you won't over-heat either. You can totally add a blazer or a cardigan to this dress or to my outfit for that matter and make it office-friendlyindeed. What do you think?! Have you ever shopped at White House Black Market?! What do you think of their pieces?!





I am feeling much better now, after being sick for a few days and even missing work for 2 of them. My cold sore is still not completely gone though. Why do they take so long?! =D For the first time ever I even missed my own linkup last week, but I am back this week with a new Thursday Moda which you can join below. I am working towards my September goals and bucket list, but I have yet to make a trip to one of the apple orchards near us. What about you?! Have you gone apple-picking or pumpkin-picking yet?!


Now it is time to join Thursday Moda. And as always Thank You Very Much! And thank you for reading my blog and stopping by. I appreciate it especially since I haven't been a lot around this year.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





Comments

  1. That dress looks beautiful on you!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHBM would be an awesome place to work just for the discount - great way to load up your closet! I agree they have great quality pieces that stand the test of time!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic dress! I love the print and the body con style is gorgeous on you, my friend. I have a few pieces from White House Black Market. The quality is great and the styles are very classic. But I don’t have one near me so I don’t shop there much. By the way, stop by my blog tomorrow if you will, there is a special post for you!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad ypu seem to be back up and better. Great dress I have never actually shopped there crazy isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute dress on you! Love the gold details! Glad you are feeling better!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are on the mend. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and the struggle is real. I need to make it to work the next two days and had committed myself to painting my parents place on the weekend. Hahaha. Never fails. Anyway, I really liked your comment about b & w such as this dress being a blank canvas. I couldn't agree more. YOu can add classy shoes, as you've done, or spice it up with a bold color either shoe or purse. Glad to have you back.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I have yet to go apple picking.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love gold! What a beautiful bag and such a elegant dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress fits you perfectly! I love the pattern and how classic it is!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you are feeling better Ada. Yay! I always adored WHBM pieces. Their items are so classic and timeless! This dress is no exception and the pattern is beautiful.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We haven't gone pumpkin or apple picking yet, normally we wait until later in the season. Love your pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome that you still have so many pieces from WHBM—I've never shopped there (I don't think they have a store here) but I've heard a lot of great things about them!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts