Skirting it in White+Blue with Stripes, Pineapples and Ruffles.

One of these days I will A) Get Back to a more normal blogging schedule and post at least 4 or 5 times a week. B) Get back to linking and commenting daily. C) Finally start showing/blogging some Fall Outfits. But today is not that day. This week is not that week! Therefore you get this Summery Outfit from July when I was wearing skirts almost every day and even blogged about them. My Summer Outfit today revolves around a Knee-High Pinstriped Skirt (by Target) with White+Blue Stripes and doses of Pineapples (my V-Neck Tee also in white+blue by Loft) and Ruffles (my Red Faux Suede Slide Sandals by Target).


SKIRTING  IT  IN  WHITE+BLUE  WITH  STRIPES,  PINEAPPLES  AND  RUFFLES.
In the Summertime my favorite color duo to wear is white with blue - any shade of blue: sky, cobalt, turquoise, midnight, navy, baby blue - no wonder all the retailers come up with a lot of white+blue prints like my Cute and Comfortable Elastic-Waist Striped Skirt and my Scoop-Neck Pineapple-Print Tee. What I love to do with white+blue prints is add a touch of red. It is very Americana and perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. My Faux Suede Ruffled Slides (these ones  - they are so cute!!) did just that as did the touch of red on my Long Fun Woven Necklace by Target. I also added a touch of pink via the fuchsia Lipstick and the Hot Pink-Framed Sunnies. I also mixed a lot of stripes in this look as my Wide Grossgrain Belt (part of a Target Dress) and the Big Bow Headband (Vivian's lol) both have black+white stripes which I don't think clashed with the striped skirt and also the white picked up all the white of the outfit, while the black brought out the Black Leather Little Bag which I have had in my closet for over a decade (the leather has softened up so much by now; I remember it being a designer bag). Despite all the patterns and multi stripes in this look because the white, blue and some black dominate the entire outfit, in my opinion this is a monochromatic look. What do you think?!!















Comments

  1. I like the mix of prints, the belt is a nice touch
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada you are one fearless pattern mixer my friend! I love your confidence and wish we could bottle it. A skirt with vertical stripes is always a great idea and so hard to find - why are the stripes always horizontal? Happy Thursday my friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute pattern mix, Ada! And I love the red ruffle sandals. I hear you about the blogging schedule! I am trying so hard to stick to a regular schedule, but I simply cannot post 7 times a week anymore. 5 is pushing it! But life has gotten very busy on my end, just like yours...so we have to do just do what we can and enjoy the process, right?

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute top and the mix of prints in this look! Thanks so much for the link up Ada!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pineapple shirt is too cute. I'm sure you will get back in to the swing of things again. This week I have been off my blogging game. Since my husband out of town and Baby girl sleep schedule is all messed up.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts