Poetry - We Are All Scared to Be Lonely.

So, today, I was working hard on an outfit post for you. I started editing the photos and even edited most of them, but then I needed some me time after a rough Monday. And then I spent time with Vivian, gave her dinner, put her to sleep. I edited some more photos and here we are, it is super late and I seriously need some sleep, at least 5.5 to 6 hours would be nice, as I always wake up super early in the mornings.

So, instead, I bring you the latest English-written poem I wrote and as you will notice from the date this was just 3 days ago. My thoughts with this one are that no one every wants to be lonely. This here refers to a couples' relationship but I also mean in general no one wants loneliness. We need to spend time with our parents, children, siblings, spouses, significant others, our co-workers, our friends and even our virtual friends. At the end of the day, whether we admit it or not, we are all scared to be lonely and that is a very normal feeling to have! It makes you human! You had all heard that saying: "I am scared of dying lonely". Well, no one wants that. Sorry, this is a little pessimistic but such is life sometimes. Keeping it real as usual.



We  Are  All  Scared  To  Be  Lonely.
(April 6th 2018, 1.40 A.M.)

We are all scared to be lonely,
scared to be alone at night
and wake up by ourselves in the morning...

We are all scared to be lonely,
scared to be vulnerable without someone to pick up the pieces
and hold our head inside their chest...

We are all scared to be lonely,
scared to taste a love story without that first kiss,
scared to hop from bed to bed...

We are all scared to be lonely,
scared to wake up with the wrong someone,
scared to march through that walk of shame...

We are all scared to be lonely,
scared for our hearts to break and shatter,
scared for our souls to fall apart...

We are all scared to be lonely
yet scared to be depending on someone else,
scared to lose our freedom and our independence...

We are all scared to be lonely
as we wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares
and that significant other is not there for comfort...

We are all scared to be lonely,
scared to be lost without that special someone,
scared to break down when they are not there to hold us...

But loneliness is a state of mind,
it makes us vulnerable, human, strong and brave,
it feels real and raw, it is part of our lives
it makes us who we are and how to survive!

We are all scared to be lonely,
scared to call someone by their name
only to discover one day that we will be alone again...






Comments

  1. This is a beautiful poem...sad but beautiful. And very true...Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a moving poem! I can relate to this and love the hope it provides.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you for thinking it is moving which I agree. And yes, there is hope at the end.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I think it's true that we were created for companionship and communion. At the end of the day no one wants to be alone yet sometimes that is exactly how we find ourselves. I think the worst feeling is when you feel alone in a crowd. Hoping you aren't lonely my friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alone in a crowd is a terrible feeling. And no, I am not lonely. Thank you for asking and for caring. =)

      Delete
  4. Indeed. I remember my first relationship and how looking back now knowing it wasn't worth it but at the time I didn't want to let go because I was afraid to be alone. It really disabled me in a way that I have never felt. Beautiful writing Ada and thank you for always keeping it real!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maureen. Every relationship helps us grow. =)

      Delete
  5. What an intense piece, Ada!!! You really know how to bring out such emotions in your poetry.
    I hope you are okay??
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely piece, well done Ada. I love being on my own, but know I've always got someone coming home so take it for granted a bit. I don't ever what to be alone, but that might happen one day. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we never know. We are all lonely in some ways. Having someone to go to at home should never be taken for granted, though.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful piece Ada. For me, I love to write, so I see how you enjoy poetry as your outlet.
    thank you for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you love to write and I'd love for you to share it someday, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts