Change Your Attitude.

Oh you guys, I am about to get deep today. No outfit post. No outfit for you to praise (or not). No shopping post or anything like that. Just plain, old, dear every day life and my thoughts, rants or random things I want to write today. So here it goes...

Today was Monday and I hate to pretty much sum up what everyone thinks and says every time about Monday, but Mondays are rough. Right?! Well see, I don't usually hate Mondays per se (though it is one of my busiest work days and it comes after Sunday which is always my only real full day off and a day I spend with/dedicate to Vivian all day). That in itself - coming after a day off like Sundays which I love - makes Mondays difficult, for me. But today, today was tough. It is like things weren't going my way in both my professional and personal life. I woke up very early, 6ish. I always wake up early cause I get myself ready, do a little bit of blogging/linking up if time allows me for it, then I wake up Vivian, get her ready for and take her to school. Well today started just like that except I knew what expected me at work and the piles of projects and assignments I had to do. So much so that I had to take my work computer with me. And I was so late for an appointment that I totally lost my keys and couldn't find them for like 20 minutes straight. Then, lo and behold, they were in my laptop bag where clearly I threw them without thinking. Anyway, ran to my appointment to which I was late (but I called and everything was fine). And then my day improved and then it got bad again. 

If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw snippets of my day today from Insta stories. But it all lead me into thinking about what I am going to write... and please stay with me a few minutes longer because it is a little deep and raw, but so close to the truth. Everyone in this world is seeking for one thing and one thing only: HAPPINESS. And there is only one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts. Happiness does not depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions. It isn't what you have, how much you have, who you are, where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it. For example, two people may have the same amount of money and prestige and yet one of them can be totally happy and the other can be totally miserable, because their mental attitude is different. 

This quote above, so true you guys, so true!!


I was in a funk pretty much all day today and I realized something I already know but have to remind myself of. I realized that I need to get myself out of this funk, I have to get myself out of this negativity and out of my bad mood by controlling my thoughts. It really is all mental. How we feel, what we do about our feelings, how we control or don't control our feelings, how we react to situations, how we let stress and negativity get the best of us or not. Even how we see each morning and how we look at the sun in the morning and how we are thankful or not for the day we woke up for, etc, etc. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies and I myself am very guilty of this. I get in my own head more often than I would like to. My brain is always running a thousand miles a minute it seems. That causes for the brain to be scattered at times. There are always thoughts floating in my head and some of them are not the best, most productive or most positive thoughts. What we do in life is up to us and us only. We own and should own our own happiness. Life is what you make of it. You are in control, no one else but YOU! By changing my mental attitude I can turn a bad day into a good one and vice versa. By changing my mental attitude I can create challenges and hardships or smooth sailing for myself. By changing my attitude I can block events, people and things that have a negative impact on me and focus on the positive ones. By changing my attitude, I can move mountains... really I can do so much! I suggest you do the same. So, if you too are having a bad day today or any day you are reading this post, CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE. Turn that frown upside down and try to look at the brighter side of things. I know it isn't easy but nothing truly worth it in life, is ever that easy!

---------------


at·ti·tude
ˈadəˌt(y)o͞od/

noun
  1. a settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something, typically one that is reflected in a person's behavior.

    "she took a tough attitude toward other people's indulgences"

    synonyms:viewviewpointoutlookperspectivestancestandpointpositioninclinationtemper,orientationapproachreactionMore
    • a position of the body proper to or implying an action or mental state.

      "the boy was standing in an attitude of despair, his chin sunk on his chest"

      synonyms:positionpostureposestancebearing
      "an attitude of prayer"
    • NORTH AMERICANinformal
      truculent or uncooperative behavior; a resentful or antagonistic manner.

      "I asked the waiter for a clean fork, and all I got was attitude"





Comments

  1. I feel you here Ada! I am reading a book called Quantum Love and it cover exactly what you are talking about here. It's all where you direct your energy and resting in the Lord. Hope you week is going better my friend!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your day got better. It so true attitude is everything. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Days like these are hard and I hope it ended better. But you are absolutely right that attitude makes a huge difference in how we perceive things or situation. It can make a break a person really because if we focus on the wrong things it's difficult to get out from it. But you know there is also that saying easier said than done and it will take practice and time for a habit such as a change in attitude to happen. Sometimes because we live in a world that changes so fast I am not sure people will make the time. Anyway, you are doing a great thing and you are being a great example to Vivian by changing your attitude and focusing on what matters. I hope today is a better day for you. Happy Tuesday Ada.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is okay to have days like this. We are human and it happens. And you are right and it is about having the right attitude. Yes, things will go wrong but we can't let it take over our day. Changing our attitude can give us a better outlook on how everything else will work out. I hope today was a much better day!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thoughts, my friend. It really is true that a little tweak to how you perceive things goes a really long way! I have an attitude of gratitude every day and it really makes for a happier life. I am glad you were able to turn your day around!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post and such honest thoughts! As always, thank you for sharing :)

    Katherine | www.oneswainkycouple.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true! Attitude is everything - and that's something I'm constantly telling my boys. :)
    #WordlessWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a counselor I struggle with the term "makes me happy" or "makes me sad" because nothing MAKES a person feel a certain way; it's entirely up to them. It all comes down to attitude and choice and how we roll with the highs and lows of the day. I love reminding myself, "if it's to be it's up to me."
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Attitude changes so much! That being said, I think it is important to recognize that circumstances make us feel a certain way, but the attitude is how we respond to it.
    Mary
    https://windandspindle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true, thanks for sharing this and also for linking up on #chichandstylish Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts