Cinco de Mayo Inspirations and Thursday Moda Favorites.

Happy Cinco de Mayo you all! It sure doesn't feel like May 5th here in Michigan though, more like March 5th. It is very cold and raining non-stop, try 44 degrees. Which sucks because I have outfits to shoot (including lots of dresses) and outfits to plan for a special Mommy+Me week with Vivian, in honor of Mother's Day next Sunday. #BloggerProblems

Things have been busy on my blog this week. I worked all day yesterday (a 10-hour day) and I got home late last night, but Vivian and I did finally get to blow my birthday candle and eat some cake (yummy strawberry shortcake)! Because of all my linkups this week and my Blog Birthday Party (see part 1 and part 2), I didn't have a chance to recap my Thursday Moda favorites from last week's linkup which is what I am doing this Friday. When I was putting together my favorites from last week, I realized that all looks I selected were perfect for today - Cinco de Mayo. So consider these Thursday Moda Favorites as Cinco de Mayo Inspirations. Check out these fabulous fashionistas below and thank you for another successful (105 looks or so) linkups last Thursday

This week's featured blogger is the always lovely and stylish AMY ANN of Straight A Style - the name of her blog suits her to a T. She linked up two lovely outfits last week, the first featuring the prettiest bow back gingham blouse and the second one featuring a bell-sleeve LWD embroidered with red flowers. Both outfits are styled to perfection. The first one is paired with such a chic light pink saddle bag and the second one looks perfect for Cinco de Mayo with grand statement earrings and feather laceup sandals - both in red. I myself am a huge fan of a little white dress in red embroidery paired with red accessories as I myself wore a similar look last week and blogged it here. Amy knows the importance of a pretty ruffle, statement bold earrings and a statement sleeve - all great trends for 2017. The best part is that Amy Ann is a brand new mamma and look how polished and posh she is. I just love her blog and style so much and this is the second time she is my Featured Blogger, too.

Jess wears 'The Embroidery Trend' in such an elegant way. Her red lace floral print dress with sleeves is work of art and I love it with the red sandals.
Jill shows her love for 'Tees+Tassels' and her red paisley print tee and ombre pink/red earrings paired together, would be perfect for today.
Cristina's 'Fruity Romper' makes the perfect sweet Mexican Fiesta. If you check out her post, you will see she paired it with a bright red blazer.
Emelia is ahead of the fashion game for the 'Cinco'. Her embroidered red off-shoulder blouse is beautiful and look more gorgeous tassel earrings.

These days, dressing for Cinco de Mayo is super easy because so many trends of S+S 2017 are perfect for the Cinco. I am talking about tassels, pom-poms, embroidery, off shoulder, ruffles, bell sleeves, cold shoulders, bright colors, statement earrings, lace up shoes, fringe, fruit prints (cherries, lemons, pineapples, berries) - all of it perfect for the Cinco. So many stores and some of my most favorite brands currently have some gorgeous pieces featuring these trends and check out my widgets below to shop some of my favorites. =)

Express
Loft
Who What Wear



Are you doing any shopping this weekend?! What are you buying?! What are your Cinco de Mayo plans for this weekend?!

Before I leave for today, just a little reminder that you can still join my new Thursday Moda from this week.






Comments

  1. You are so sweet to feature me. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your consistent support and encouragement throughout this blogging journey. I am glad you got to have cake with your family yesterday, and I hope you have a fun weekend.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature, I love the simplicity and wearability of Amy Ann's style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week for you Ada! Hope that strawberry shortcake was delish! Such a nice round up of Cinco de Mayo styles, I don't know how you find the time to do it all, you are amazing!
    xoxo,
    Kellyann
    http://www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Amy Ann's style! That bow blouse is fabulous!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts