Saturday, January 7, 2017

Gold Midi Skirt over Maroon Sweater Dress.

For my last Thursday Moda of 2016, if you remember, I styled a Maroon (Sleeveless) Sweater Dress two ways. First I did a daytime/work look with a Double-Breasted Olive Military Jacket (buttoned over it) and for the nighttime/evening look - with a Watercolor Long-Sleeve Chiffon Blouse underneath it. Well, I wore that dress three times last month and in today's post you see it as a top or as a sweater. This time I tucked it in a Gold Metallic Midi Skirt.

I wore this particular outfit to work last month and to keep warm, I layered a Big Blanket Scarf over it instead of a cardigan or a jacket, per se. I kept warm with Fleece-Lined Tights underneath my Knee-High Blue Boots. This Gold Midi Skirt was a nice surprise. It is from Who What Wear but I ordered it online and it looked completely different. I expected a semi-thin off-white midi skirt. I was happily surprised that it was gold with very thin/fine pleats. I wanted to add a Pleated Metallic Skirt to my closet so now I am the happy owner of one. The Brown Striped/Colorblocked Blanket Scarf/Wrap is also from the Who What Wear line at Target. Since December is a festive month, I paired it with my Mesh Collar Silver Necklace and some Teardrop-Shaped Hoops. What do you think of the Winter Colors in this outfit and my use of a Blanket Scarf?!

Saved the best photo for last! Gosh, I love her so very much!

My Outfit:
Maroon/Oxblood/Dark Burgundy Sleeveless, Fit+Flare Sweater Dress: Merona via Target (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, color-blocked, on Sale, my Favorite), (similar, Great Deal, love this).
Gold, Fine-Pleated, Flared Midi Skirt: Who What Wear via Target (New) (very similar, on Huge Sale), (similar in rose gold, Great Deal, love this), (similar in dark gold, Small Splurge, my Favorite).
Brown Wrap/Blanket Scarf w/ Earth-Colored Stripes: Who What Wear via Target (New) (similar, Huge Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar in orange, cream+brown, Splurge, love this).
Black Velvet+Hot Pink Satin Skinny Headband: Ann Taylor (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal).
Black Real Leather Crossbody, Envelope Bag w/ Gold Chain Strap: Vintage via Mom (very similar, on Huge Sale), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge).
Silver Mesh Collar Necklace w/ Crystal Pave Ring in the middle: A Boutique in Albania (similar, Steal), (similar, on Huge Sale, love this), (similar, Splurge).
Silver-tone Wide Open Teardrop-Shaped Drop Hoop Earrings: White House Black Market (similar dainty option, Steal, love these), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, on Sale, my Favorite).
Gold-Tone, Thin Black Enamel Bangle: The Limited (very similar), (similar, Steal), ( (similar w/ crystals, Great Deal, my Favorite).
Gold-tone Ring w/ Semi Precious Square Orange Stone: Kohl's (similar, Great Deal, love this), (similar, my Favorite).
Navy, Knee-High Ruched, Faux Suede Boots w/ Cone Heels: Wet Seal (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, love these), (similar, on Sale, my Favorite).

Vivian's Outfit:
Hot Pinj Graphic Sweatshirt: Wal Mart.
Pink+Purple Plaid Tulle "Tutu" Skirt: Genuine Kids via Target.
Dark Gray Leggings w/ Green Polka Dots: Little Lass.
Pink w/ Shopkins characters Crossbody Bag: Shopkins via TJ Maxx (New).
Hot Pink + White "Paw Patrol" Leather Sneakers w/ Lights: Disney (New).

Here is a final look of the three outfits - featuring the Maroon Fit+Flare Sweater Dress - side by side. Which of the three is your favorite?






11 comments:

  1. What a lovely skirt Ada! I love the color combo of this look. Have a terrific week ahead!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that certain dresses can be turned into tops with the right fit and skirt. This combo looks lovely - what a pretty skirt!!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that versatile and feminine skirt, Ada! And great pics with your sweet little girl too. xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ada this outfit is soooo chic! I love it so much. Your little girl is just the cutest

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is so pretty! I love how you showcased its versatility!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Confident Twosday linkup!

    -Adriele
    StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada I really like the skirt and top together, but I am not too sold on the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Ada I love your tree and your daughter is a doll. Love the mix of navy with the boots and the maroon.
    jess xx
    thanks for linking with turning heads tuesday
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that sweater dress! Thanks for sharing at the Grace + Lace Linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Assalamualaikum Salam sejahtera untuk kita semua, Sengaja ingin menulis
    sedikit kesaksian untuk berbagi, barangkali ada teman-teman yang sedang
    kesulitan masalah keuangan, Awal mula saya mengamalkan Pesugihan Tanpa
    Tumbal karena usaha saya bangkrut dan saya menanggung hutang sebesar
    1M saya sters hampir bunuh diri tidak tau harus bagaimana agar bisa
    melunasi hutang saya, saya coba buka-buka internet dan saya bertemu
    dengan KYAI SOLEH PATI, awalnya saya ragu dan tidak percaya tapi selama 3 hari
    saya berpikir, saya akhirnya bergabung dan menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI
    kata Pak.kyai pesugihan yang cocok untuk saya adalah pesugihan
    penarikan uang gaib 4Milyar dengan tumbal hewan, Semua petunjuk saya ikuti
    dan hanya 1 hari Astagfirullahallazim, Alhamdulilah akhirnya 4M yang saya
    minta benar benar ada di tangan saya semua hutang saya lunas dan sisanya
    buat modal usaha. sekarang rumah sudah punya dan mobil pun sudah ada.
    Maka dari itu, setiap kali ada teman saya yang mengeluhkan nasibnya, saya
    sering menyarankan untuk menghubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI Di Tlp 0852-2589-0869
    Atau Kunjungi Situs KYAI www.pesugihan-uang-ghaib.com agar di
    berikan arahan. Supaya tidak langsung datang ke jawa timur, saya sendiri dulu
    hanya berkonsultasi jarak jauh. Alhamdulillah, hasilnya sangat baik, jika ingin
    seperti saya coba hubungi KYAI SOLEH PATI pasti akan di bantu Oleh Beliau

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.