Friday, January 29, 2016

Recapping 2015: June.

There are still 7 months to recap from this blog of mine from 2015. Today I am talking about June and early next week I will recap July and August. But yeah Summer of 2015 was so busy for me and filled with a lot to do, so many people to see, visit and meet up with, so much to get ready for. June in general was a busy month as Vivian's health improved a lot and we enjoyed a 10-day Beach Vacation by the Adriatic sea with my husband, my daughter, my husband's parents and his sister.

Busy Busy Summer, indeed. In the second weekend of June we started with our Beach Vacation and then celebrated our 10th Anniversary; we had my cousin's arrival from USA and a wedding in July; and of course lots of packing and getting ready to travel in August (first coming back to Michigan and later on for our lake vacation in St. Joseph, MI). Due to all of this, I didn't have time to photograph every single outfit I wore. And in Summer time especially, I usually change twice a day. From the outfits I photographed, only about 65-70% of them made it into the blog. There were at least a dozen of outfits each month I didn't have a chance to blog. And I didn't have time to recap our June Vacation either.

Despite all that I had going on, I managed to post 20 separate times in June and showed you guys 21 fresh outfits, three of which were part of twofer posts (like this one and this one) and I even did a three-fer post (Light Spring Knits). I continued wearing my White Skinny Jeans a few times and my Trusted Blue Denim Jacket especially over a couple of Sleeveless Dresses (in this post you can see 22 ways I have styled this Denim Jacket). I remixed my Periwinkle Pinstriped Button-Down Shirt and my Olive Corduroy Skirt a couple of times each for a Mom to Work Wear post. As far as Shoes you saw a lot of Sneakers, Loafers and Peep-Toe Sandals or Wedges. With the start of Summer, Floral started popping into my Outfits, quite a bit. But I wore a lot of Polka Dots, also. You saw a couple of Colorful Shirtdresses and of course lots of other Dresses. With the 4th of July coming up, June found me wearing a lot of Red, White and Blue. As far as collaborations and other fun posts, I started off the month co-hosting "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" a Tuesday Linkup with Rachel. I ended up loving that outfit and it closely made it into my favorites from that month. My Currently post was focused on my upcoming Beach Vacation and I posted another Vacation-related post featuring my packing list. In June, I started my series of Guest Posts from the Summer with Grace who gave her own tips on what to pack for a Summer Vacation. In June, I also posted an easy salad recipe (I need to post a recipe or two each month, don't you think?) Last but not least my sweetie Vivian made it into the blog four times.

I had two favorite posts in June of last year. This was one of the two. This post featured a photo-shoot I did with my little girl at a photo studio, earlier that Spring. Vivian looked like a doll in her Baby Pink Velvet Dress and Matching Dressy Fleece Coat while I layered my Sleeveless Hot Pink Sheath (which I love) with a Pastel Geo-Print Blouse underneath (which come to think of features the two biggest colors of 2016: Serenity and Rose Quartz). I also wore my Gorgeous Turquoise Tassel Loafers - my favorite shoes I purchased in 2015 and that is saying a lot, since I purchased a LOT of shoes lol. I loved this post because it showed some of my favorite pictures of my daughter and I together and features one of my most favorite outfits. For all of these reasons, this post is tied for #1 Most Favorite Post with the Father's Day Post (below) and this Outfit is tied for #1 Favorite with my Jumpsuit+Cardigan Outfit (further below).

I did this post as a tribute to my Husband Piro for Father's Day and this was a little recap of our current June 2015 Vacation by the Adriatic Sea, also. Hands down this was one of the best posts I wrote last year and ties as number one for June. My husband is such a loving father to our gorgeous little girl. She is both a Mommy's Girl and a Daddy's Girl. She is so affectionate towards him and loves to hug him and piggy-back him. They enjoy making faces at one-another and being silly, playing and having fun. He makes her laugh so much. I had so much fun compiling this post featuring some of my favorite Vacation Photos too and my most favorites of them all are the pictures of my husband and our daughter together.

6.

5.

4.


3.

2.

1. (Tied for #1 with the Hot Pink Sheath).
Clearly I had a thing for pink in June because not only did I wear pink a few times but both of my top #1 looks (and my #2 favorite) featured Hot Pink and I loved them all so much. I love pairing Hot Pink or Fuchsia with Navy. This Silky Artsy Floral Jumpsuit was a favorite closet arrival in the Summer of 2014. I wore it a few times that Summer and at least 4-5 times last Summer too. But paired with this Chiffon Rossette Hot Pink Cardigan and my Black with Gold Pave Bow Perforated Wedges, it made for a very chic and feminine look which I wore to work and later for a special children's event I was invited to, for Children's International Day. I even picked up some fresh Calla Lillies on my way home, that day. I think the Love Bag and Hot Pink Rossette Cardigan would be great to style around this time for Valentine's Day.

Once again, it was fun taking a walk down memory lane with these looks. Which are your couple favorites and why? Do you have a thing for Pink? Are you all in for Rose Quartz as the color of the year? Happy TGIF Everyone!






14 comments:

  1. The first two pictures of you and Viv are so beautiful!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your looks here! The pics of you and your daughter are so precious! Have a terrific weekend Ada!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always so impressed by how well you still document things when you have so much going on. Love those photo shoot ones with you and Vivian!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had some great outfits, and wore a lot of pink! Pink is a lovely colour on you so I can see why you would wear it often.

    Your daughter is adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely outfits! As usual, I LOVE all of the bright colours you were. Everything is so fresh!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of looking back at some of your past summer outfits on the blog. All of them are so colorful and fun. I think everyone is ready to move on out the winter months! The pictures of you and Vivian are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great month! I am missing warm weather thanks to all your summery outfits!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your summer outfits this time of year! I'm ready for spring to come! Love the photos of you and Vivian too!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had some great looks in June Ada :) And I love the second pic of the photoshoot, where you are holding Vivian. Such a cute and precious capture.

    Wishing you a great week!

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful summer round-up Ada! Love any pic with little Vivian in it : > xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute red dress! Those are some great outfits! Hope to see you at the Fashionably Employed link up on Mondays. :)

    http://www.fashionablyemployed.com/category/style/sophisticated-style-link-up/

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some really precious shots of you Mommy! What a cutie pie!!

    Thanks for linking up to the Kremb de la Kremb Style Stories Link Up.

    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the window pane looks on you and florals from this past summer!
    Cute recap!
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.