Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Holiday-Ready Office Look.

This is a recent work outfit, featuring two of the biggest colors of the Holiday Season: Red and White. I added some Cognac and Gold to the mix too. I shopped my closet for all of these pieces and I may have taken a tag off for the first time (oops!) despite these being a few years old. I felt like I wore brand-new things though. This Silk Chiffon Girly Bow Blouse combines a beautiful floral print with a subtle windowpane print (the whole bow part and the top back part are windowpane). The Red Satin Pencil Skirt screams "Wear me now, wear me now!". It is the right time to wear it since it is festive December. And to match the Skirt and feel even more glamorous and holiday-ready I am wearing my newest Red Lipstick from Revlon. Instead of wearing some Classic Pumps though, I chose these T-Strap Cognac Wedges (they give this outfit an old-fashion glam vibe) and last but not least I carried a Beautiful, Soft Leather Gold Clutch. I love the large knotted bow detail on it. Special honors go to my Gorgeous Watch and Purple Topaz Drop Earrings. These little pieces dress up my outfit even more and make a statement for sure. What was perfect about this outfit is that I was able to wear it right after work for a little Christmas gathering with some past co-workers of mine and old friends. This outfit can definitely take you from the office to a Holiday party. And it was about 50 degrees so I went bare-legged. What do you think? Have a red satin skirt hide in your closet somewhere? Wear it now - you won't regret it. I also have another red satin pencil skirt (but in a darker red), believe it or not. And I am pretty sure my red pencil skirt will get worn at least once more, this month.

The Details:
Blouse,
Accessories and Jewelry.
Red+White Faux Snakeskin Watch w/ multifaceted Bronze Glass Face: A Local Boutique in Albania (similar w/ rectangle face, best deal), (similar by Betsey Johnson, great deal, love this), (similar gorgeous option, Splurge, my favorite).
Red+White Faux Snakeskin Watch w/ multifaceted Bronze Glass Face: A Local Boutique in Albania (similar w/ rectangle face, best deal), (similar by Betsey Johnson, great deal, love this), (similar gorgeous option, Splurge, my favorite).



Before I leave, I want to apologize to several of you for not being able to comment regularly, lately. I have fallen so behind in the last few weeks reading several blogs, since I am back to working in the last month or so. I am taking it a day at a time and catch up with a blogger or two each day. That on top of gift-shopping, holiday events, work from home, house work, being a mom and a wife, cooking, cleaning, blogging and everything else has put me behind. I have actually drank a lot more coffee lately. So bear with me and thank you. Also, thank you so much for liking my recent Christmas Home Tour. I am hoping to have part two up for you all this Saturday or Sunday at the latest, as promised.


P.S.  Linking with  Adri with Jessica, Alice, Allison, Ana Maria with Michelle, Carrie with Jill, Christie, Claire, Dawn, Elle with Jac, Heather, Jalynn, Jaymie, Jennie, Jolynne, 





29 comments:

  1. NICE SKIRT
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/12/caramel-culotte-pants-and-kimono-suit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prefect outfit for a work party. Did you move back to Michigan for good.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a festive look! Your blouse is so pretty and I love those shoes!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mixed print on the blouse and the red skirt is stunning!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect holiday party look! I'm loving the mix of prints!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this red and white pairing. That skirt is so fun and festive! I bet this would also look good with those gorgeous gold heels of yours for a weekend party. Your photos by the tree are great!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get a gold purse now! You look festive, professional and adorable all at the same time... and, so cute in front of your tree! I read that you were working again in another post, congrats on the job!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whata festive holiday look! Such fun print mixing! love!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the colors in your photos, the background is so happy and your look is very pretty!
    Thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog. Really appreciate it! Please join us today for Color and Grace Fashion link up!
    Keep in touch and take care!
    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the colors in your photos, the background is so happy and your look is very pretty!
    Thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog. Really appreciate it! Please join us today for Color and Grace Fashion link up!
    Keep in touch and take care!
    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous blouse and perfect for the season! The details are so chic and glam at the same time. :)

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun outfit, Ada! Love the fun decor in your house as well!

    - Liz @ Downtown Demure

    ReplyDelete
  13. that top is too cute! love that you took pictures by your tree! so cute!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fab and festive look, loving the bold red skirt with the patterned blouse & the clutch is super cute! Have a wonderful weekend Ada:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun office holiday look! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly look festive and ready for the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely outfit, it looks perfect for a work holiday party. Sorry I haven't been by to comment on your blog much either, same reasons as yours (well minus part time job) but boy is it rough to catch up. have a good weekend Ada!
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there pretty lady. You look fun and festive in your red and gold outfit. I love the fun colors of the holiday season. Totally hear you on how busy you've been, the end of the year is really tough in terms of scheduling, and all the activities. I am trying to catch up with everything myself. Have a wonderful Friday dear. XOXO, Elif
    http://theboxqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look beautiful in that red, Ada! So festive and fun! Love your pretty tree!

    Have a wonderful weekend! xox-M

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that blouse!!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a beautiful holiday look, Ada! Your top is so pretty and I just adore the bow. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great look Ada, love your top :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the print mixing on the blouse! Cute outfit!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Love your red skirt and how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think I need a red skirt now. This one is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe me if I told you that I own 5 yes FIVE red pencil skirts, two of which are satin. All of them are a little bit different and not in the exact same shade of red. I also own a red pleated chiffon mini skirt. I would love to own a red below-the-knee A-line midi skirt though, in a satin-looking glossy material. You know it would be perfect for this season's parties.

      With that said, YOU DEFINITELY NEED A RED SKIRT, LAURA.

      Delete
  26. Cute holiday look, Ada! I love the red skirt.

    Thanks so much or linking up with Friday Favorites! Hope you have an amazing week ahead of you!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is one of my favorites of yours Ada! I love the pretty prints on that blouse, and you're right, this IS the perfect time of year for that red skirt. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.