Striped Dresses Week: Peppermint Striped Dress from Summer to Fall.

It dragged a little bit but the Striped Dress week is coming to an end with my Peppermint Striped Fit+Flare Dress. I happen to love this Cute, Girly Dress. I wore it once more this Summer. However (as you will see from the collage below), I have transitioned this Dress into Fall, before. The Outfit where I layered the White Blouse underneath it and added the Deep Red Silk Scarf which I tied into a Bow, is from last Fall.
This Flirty Dress makes a statement (I think) on its own. So, for a late Summer day I let the dress be the main dish and added little extras as side dishes. I layered 2 Dainty Real Gold Heart Necklaces, a few Dainty Real Gold Bracelets and added more Stripes through my Shoes. These Peep-Toe Ballet Flats are cute, comfy and a very on-trend item. They have zebra brown+ivory stripes. Miss Vivian matched me in her own adorable Peppermint-Striped Dress and yes the matching was done on purpose (this time lol). I can see this Dress work for the Holiday season too. For a Holiday Party I would wear it with Sheer Black Polka Dot Tights, Red Pumps, a Sequined Black Blazer and a Colorful Statement Necklace (all items I own). I can see it being cute for a Holiday event, what do you think? And, do you like how I transitioned it for Fall by layering a white shirt underneath and tying a scarf into a bow over it?

Necklaces:
Real Gold Dainty Necklace w/ Asymmetric Diamond+Ruby Open Heart: Lord & Taylor (Gifted from my Husband) (very similar in silver, Splurge, love this), (similar in gold by JC Penney, my favorite), (similar by Kohl's in 18k gold, great deal), (similar in gold by JC Penney, best deal, love this).

It is funny because as a baby, Vivian very rarely liked or kept her pacifier(s) on. She was never a pacifier baby (maybe because she was mainly breast-fed as an infant). Once she started teething badly after turning one, she would like them every now and then to sort of bite into them and they helped her ease the pain of teething. Then, we kept a couple in one of her boxes of toys and she used them for her dolls, but sometimes she likes to keep them on her mouth. These occasions are rare but yeah, this was one of those hours where she loved playing with her pacifier.
Bracelets:
Sterling Silver Tennis Bracelet w/ Light Green Sapphire Stones + little Diamonds: JC Penney's (similar, fine jewelry option, Splurge, my favorite), (similar, great deal), (similar w/ blue topaz stones & diamond accents, best deal, love this).
Real Gold Dainty Bracelet with "Vivian" Name Tab: Special-Ordered (Vivian has an identical one).

Real Gold Dainty Necklace w/ Asymmetric Diamond+Ruby Open Heart: Lord & Taylor (Gifted from my Husband) (very similar in silver, Splurge, love this), (similar in gold by JC Penney, my favorite), (similar by Kohl's in 18k gold, great deal), (similar in gold by JC Penney, best deal, love this).
Sterling Silver Tennis Bracelet w/ Light Green Sapphire Stones + little Diamonds: JC Penney's (similar, fine jewelry option, Splurge, my favorite), (similar, great deal), (similar w/ blue topaz stones & diamond accents, best deal, love this).
Real Gold Dainty Bracelet with "Vivian" Name Tab: Special-Ordered (Vivian has an identical one).
Silver, Oval-Shaped Pave Ring w/ Small Emerald Stone: A Local Boutique similar, Splurge, my favorite), (similar), (similar by JC Penney's, love this).
Silver, Square-Shaped Pave Ring w/ Large Lavender Topaz Stone: Gift from My Mom (very similar by David Yurman, Splurge, my favorite), (similar, great deal), (gorgeous pear-shaped option, best deal, love this).

Vivian's Outfit:
Red+Dress Striped Sun-Dress w/ Ruffled Skirt: Gift from My Friend.
Coral Pave Chevron Barrette: An Accessories Boutique in Albania.
Baby Pink Strappy Sandals: Happy Kids.


And here are the details of my Fall Outfit from last year.

Lastly, a collage of all the Striped Dresses I showed over the week, side by side. Which one is your favorite?
(top to bottom, clockwise)
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Today's.

P.S. Linking up with Allison, Angie, Brooke with EricaDanielle, Fizz & Frosting, Grace, Kileen with Sandy, Laura, 
Also linking with Whitney for "Create 28" - Fall Colors and Jacqueline for "Spotlight Weekly - Prints and Patterns".


Do not forget to stop by and link up your Pink Outfits or other Pink-related posts tomorrow.




Comments

  1. Love how you made this dress work for summer and fall.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you to go matching again - so adorable! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so fun and it would be really cute styled in December for the holidays, too! I love when you share photos of you and Vivi matching, you two are such an adorable pair!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your daughter are SO cute matching, love it! Also those striped wedges are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this dress is very nice and also so versatile..i love stripes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that you and Vivian match :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great that you can layer up your summer dresses and wear them through the fall!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I love that you and Vivian match too cute! This dress is fabulous!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek...cutie alert! You know I'm a sucker for a good mommy-and-me look! You and V look darling! --- Amy @ http://thegiftedgabber.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love red and white stripes...and wow you two are matching. I also want to try and convert a summer dress to winter the way you have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this striped dress! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great dress! I always love seeing Vivian in a matching outfit! You both are so cute in your peppermint stripes!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cute dress Ada!! Vivian is such a little angle in her version! Really like both ways you've styled it and I'm dying over those amazing striped espadrilles!! Have a great rest of the week:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stripes with your tie shoes! It's also so fun with a shirt layered underneath.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peppermint love, you cute as a button fashionistas!! Great great dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty dress! Love the mother/daughter outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress is so cute! I love when I can make my summer dresses work for fall too! :)

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this red and white striped dress on you. I love how you styled it with the white blouse underneath. Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving your nice comment. I'm glad you were able to find me through the Straight A Style site. I'm so glad I found you as well.

    Kathy
    http://www.glamsimplified.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ive always wanted a girl so I can match with her! Plus I'm a huge fan of stripes so I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hard to say which look I prefer. Possibly the first one as I love how you've combined a pink belt with the green - an unusual colour combination. You and Vivian look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love mommy and me inspiration. Vivi is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww its so cute to see you girls wearing matching outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You and Vivian are the dynamic mom and daughter styling duo! Love this Ada! Can't believe how much she has grown up! Such precious pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, you and our daughter are adorable together!! Love all the red and white stripes! Your stripe dress round up is great! My favorite is the green dress with the pink belt! So cute!
    Katey
    XOXO
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com
    Thanks for joining our Tuesday Fashion Party Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw I love when you and Vivian match, cute dresses ladies. I am missing wearing summer dresses about now.
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the matching outfits! Super cute with your daughter The white blouse with tie looks great with the dress, i like the transition Isnt it great getting more out of ones clothes?

    Thanks for linking up with TH Tuesday!
    jess xx
    wwwelegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You both look so cute! I love the striped dresses on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts