Thursday, February 19, 2015

Winter White Embellished Cardigan.

Hello Thursday - the third one of the month. Before we know it, February will slide by in just a few more days. A couple of days ago, to work, I wore this Winter White Cardigan which is Embellished with a Black Flower+Leaf thingy and the Black piping detail. I paired it with these Dressy Herringbone Trousers. Both of these items had been ignored for so long and I am glad they are back in action. They are pretty and classic pieces that should No Longer be Neglected. The Cardigan is with 3/4 sleeves and is a pretty short length style-wise, so I layered with my Black (thin) Turtleneck underneath. This Black Turtleneck has been a closet staple for me, this Winter. I added a Sparkly, Silver Necklace, some Dangly Earrings and my Brown Oxford Wedges for a Monochrome appeal. This outfit is perfect to link up today with Jacquelyn, because the Spotlight Weekly is Winter White. Also, Audrey challenged us this week to wear something we have neglected for over 6 months. Have you neglected anything nice lately?
3/4 Sleeve, Ivory/Winter White Cardigan w/ Black Embellished Flower Detail & Black Ribbon Trim (Around the Collar): White House Black Market (bolero option, embellished, love this), (textured knit option, open-style, great deal, love this), (classic crew-neck option by J. Crew), (gorgeous option w/ embellished neckline by Target, best deal, love this).
Black, Thin Jersey-Stretch, Long-Sleeve Turtleneck: Express (very similar by Ralph Lauren, love this), (very similar), (long-sleeve, ribbed option by VS, best deal, love this).
Black+White, Wide-Legged, Classic Herringbone Trousers: Express (similar, on sale), (similar by Liz Claiborne, best deal, love these), (gorgeous option by Express, great deal, love these).
Silver Rope, Sparkly, Collar Necklace w/ Floating Silver Pave Crystal Ring: A Random Boutique.
Light Dangly, Silver-tone Earrings w/ Cubic Zirconia & Black Crystal Beads: White House Black Market  (gorgeous feather option by Maison, on sale, love these), (gorgeous floral option by The Limited, best deal, love these), (fun option by The Limited, great deal).


Below is how I last wore this Cardigan (at least from what is documented on the blog). It was in May 2013 and Vivian was only 3 and a half months old. Considering that today she is exactly 25 months old, that is forever ago. I love this outfit below though. It's worth a repeat, what do you think?

P.S. I am linking up today with a new link-up called Thursday Fashion Files, once again co-hosted on Thursdays by my Beautiful Friends and Awesome Mommy Bloggers CARRIE from Curly Crafty Mom and JILL from Doused in Pink. These ladies do it all: from crafts, to DIY's, to shopping, to style posts. Their blogs have a little bit of everything and they are daily reads of mine. Join them today, they are so sweet!
Thursday-Fashion-Files-Side-Bar-250x250

I am also linking up with Aisha, Alice, Dawn, Jalynn, Lauren, Linda, Miriam, Rachel, Tara and Vicki.




20 comments:

  1. Love the black and white! Such a big trend right now.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth a repeat! Very cute outfit. I also like how you styled the cardi as a winter outfit, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embellished candidate is so cute! Love the black and white! Perfect workwear outfit!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the print on your trousers! Stylish as always Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice work and lunch date styled cardigan, very cute. I am glad that white is hitting the scene again.
    Rachel xo
    Garaytreasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of the black and white cardi with the herringbone pants. Perfection in pattern mixing is what I would call that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cardigan! The black detialing is too cute!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful look! I love this lovely sweater and those herringbone pants look so nice and professional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the two ways you styled the cardigan. However I think the pants is so lovely & classy ...so for me I'd choose the pants outfit!

    Always stylish!
    Angele

    ReplyDelete
  10. What elegant pics! I adore the cardigan--a timeless classic! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the black and white cardigan and the flower is a perfect touch. You look fab!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, I didn't realize how far we'd gotten into the month! Well, all the closer we are to spring, right?
    Love the black and white cardigan... this reminds me I haven't styled mine all winter and I really should!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great look on you!!
    www.rootedinsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the black and white trend! It is perfect for every season! Fabulous skirt too Ada! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Winter whites!! Hope you have a good weekend!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Classy and pretty look! Thanks so much for always being there for FUN FASHION FRIDAY! You rock!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Winter white is all the rage! I love the stripes on it, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great cardigan - and I love both ways you've styled your cardigan. I agree that the floral skirt pairing is so worth repeating!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com


    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those great pants! I love how they look with your embellished cardigan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.