October and November 2014 Reflections and Top 3 Looks.

I know today is the last day of January and I have already posted My Most Favorite Looks of the year last year (1, 23 and 4.). But for almost 2 years now I do a recap/reflection of each blogging month. Mostly about my style from that month but also a little review of the month in general. Due to the holidays and trying to post several looks that hadn't made it to the blog (I am always behind), recapping the last 3 months of the year were posts I skipped. Today I am covering October and November. In a couple of weeks I will cover December and January.

Anyway, first we have October. I posted 26 times in October. I started off the month posting the last looks of my late Summer 30 for 30 Challenge. That 30 for 30 had indeed 42 Outfits I came up with altogether, but due to my lap-top breaking down, I was only able to post the first 35 looks for that challenge. Altogether this month I posted 26 Outfits, lots of which featured Pink since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I did my part honoring such a great cause. I also co-hosted BBCA (Blogging for Breast Cancer Awareness) with Amy, for the last third part of October. To satisfy my own curiosity I counted and at some type or form I included Pink in 16 of my Outfits (most of which was via clothing, sometimes through accessories). For one of my Pink Posts I did a recap where I showed you how I remixed my Hot Pink, Tweed, Pencil Skirt.

I did a Pinterest-Inspired Look here casually layering a Light Scarf over a B+W Striped Tee, like Whitney. It ended up being one of my top 3 Looks of the month, as well. I also shared my Favorite Things about Fall. I did have four two-fer posts. Out of the 26 Fresh Outfits (not including the remix post of the Hot Pink Pencil Skirt), 9 Outfits were part of the 30 for 30 Remix Challenge and the rest were not. Besides Pink, I noticed that I wore a lot of Neutrals and Teal in October, too. Clothing I wore were mostly Blazers, Dresses, Denim Jackets+Vests, Pencil Skirts and even some Shorts in the first part of the month. Vivian made a couple of appearances on the blog during October, as well. Overall, October for me was a very busy month as I was teaching 2 English classes at the time, wrapping up my Marketing Training course that I taught and interviewing plus preparing to start a new job.

Below are the Top 3 Looks (in order of my liking) and the collage features some other Favorite Looks, in no particular order.

1. Bright Green, Black and Mint Pearls. I wear Blazers with Dresses all the time, especially to work. This Outfit is so Simple yet so Chic. That Bright Green pops against the Simple LBD. Some Red Lips, Nude Pumps, my Red MK Bag and a Dainty Mint Pearl Necklace were everything I used to accessorize the Outfit with. 

2. Orange and Black with Hints of Bright Pink. This was a Dressy Going-out Outfit I wore for a Date Night. It was very close to Halloween so I did my festive part in Black and Orange (I love that Sweater). I also did include a little Pink via my Lipstick, Stud Earrings and Nail Polish.

3. Stripes, Khaki and Blogger Inspirations. Like I mentioned above, this is the Outfit I created myself, inspired a little bit by Whitney. However, I totally put my spin on it. I love how clean and simple it looks. The Khaki Skirt and Khaki Loafers are two of my Favorite Items and I love how I mixed stripes twice with my Scarf and Tee (on top).

The rest of October's Favorites.
(click on the collage to see it bigger)
Click on each number below to get to that outfit's post.
1, 234, 5 and 6.

In November, I ended up posting 20 times and showed you 21 Fresh Outfits. Despite the weather getting colder, I still wore some Fun Colors and Patterns, including Floral. I blogged my Actual Thanksgiving Outfit (2014) but also did a Flashback Post where I showed you my 2013 Thanksgiving Outfit and adorable pictures of Baby Vivian (she was 10 months old, then). Time certainly flew. I also did a Wishful Shopping Post showing the Cutest Old Navy Sweaters. There were two two-fer Posts and a three-fer post. Out of these remix posts, I showed you two of the "Mom Wear to Work Wear"types of posts. In one of them I remixed my Silver Blazer, in the other I remixed a Pink Plaid Shirt in a take one - pass it on series. 

I also followed a weekly challenge of wearing Fall's Pantone Colors (here). Like I mentioned I wore a lot of Colors, despite the fact that it was November, especially Reds, Blues and Greens, Just like in October I wore several Dresses with Blazers. You saw two of my newest blazers from H&M and you also saw my Denim Jacket and Green Military Jacket a couple of times (each). I layered with a couple of Vests as well. I also wore some Plaid via my Burberry Scarf and I finally wore both of the Plaid Shirts I had thrifted earlier in the Fall. The most worn Shoe Style was an Oxford, whether it was the loafer type, the wedge type or the heel type. You also saw a few Ballet Flats and some Booties. Vivian made a few more appearances this month and photo-bombed a lot of my photos too lol. November was one of the busiest months of 2014 for me (I couldn't really post more than 20 times like you saw and even that was a stretch) as I started a new job the first Monday of that month and continued to teach 2 English classes to young children. In other news, towards late October/early November we switched day-cares for Vivian so that was also a challenge for me. Very little sleep and lots of work, in other words.

Below are the Top 3 Looks (in order of my liking) and the collage features some other Favorite Looks, in no particular order.

1. Brick and Burberry. Hands down my Favorite Outfit in November. I love this New Brick/Rust Blazer so much and it was the perfect pair with my Orange Plaid Scarf and Classic, Ankle-length, Dressy Black Pants. No other Outfit Accessory could compete with that Gorgeous Scarf. Vivian was my Cutest Accessory in this post, though.

2. School Girl Red. I pictured this Outfit in my head and had no idea how it would translate into real life. I wanted to take this Fit+Flare Summery Dress and Winterize it a little. It worked, it really worked. I love how good it looked with the White Button-down, the Silky Red Scarf tied into a Bow and the Burgundy Oxford Pumps. It ended up being in my top 3 for November.

3. Fair Isle Cardigan, White Jeans and Pearl Baubles. Finally a chance to wear my White Jeans. They are a little too thick for Summer, but I loved them in this B+W Ensemble, winterizing them with the Fair Isle Sweater and dressing them up with that Gorgeous Pearl Bauble+Flower Necklace. My Patent Leather Oxfords were perfect for this Outfit.

The rest of November's Favorites.
(click on the collage to see it bigger) 
Click on each number below to get to that outfit's post.
1,  23, 45 and 6.

If you made it this far, I give you lots of props and a standing ovation. I am sorry if I wasted your time. This was a very lengthy post and it was time-consuming for me to write as well, as you can imagine. Part of the reason why this recap is coming so late lol. Hope your weekend is going fantastic so far. And Happy February you all!!





Comments

  1. For October #5 was my favorite outfit your wear. Also thanks again for helping co-cost BBCA. I totally missed your school girl in red post. That dress is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patterned pants in #2 are fabulous! And that red tote just goes with everything! What a great bag! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I'm loving the off the shoulders top, Ada.. very sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so fashionable! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recap. I love all the variety in your outfits.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your recap! My favorite October look was the orange top with the black printed pants and for November it was the fair isle sweater with the white jeans! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many beautiful clothes Ada :) great looks, love the top in the 2nd picture and your red stripy dress ..

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for linking up Ada, featuring your post later on the blog hop :)

      Delete
  8. Loving all of your favorites! Love the black and red look! Those pants are so fun!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved the Orange on you and that Fairisle cardigan. they both stood out for me as great outfits and pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my favourite is that first look. The red with the teal is so unexpected and fun. A close second is the black sweater, white pants and red bag. That red bag looks great with everything in fact.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you never shy away from color! My fave look is the denim jacket with that fun red bag. :)

    http://www.kathrineeldridge1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so good about consistently posting! That's awesome! I'm loving your printed pants in outfit number too!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great re-cap! You have some lovely looks. Love the red MK bag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful recap and great selection of looks! I love 1-3 in October and 1 in November. You had some gorgeous outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your school girl red is utterly adorable!!! Visiting from Creative Mondays!x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts