Olive and Dark Plaid.

What do Olive Green, Burgundy, Maroon and Navy all have in common? They all fall under the category "Autumn Colors", at least I think so. They are also pretty basic dark colors and earthy, especially olive and maroon. Plaid is another Autumn staple and for this casual Weekend Outfit - which I wore yesterday afternoon, on a Sunday spent with Vivian and some friends for coffee and dessert on a cafe next door - I decided to wear all of these Fall elements together. I did brighten things up a bit with a Neony, Plastic Beaded Necklace and my Green Ladybug Studs. I must say I love the print and colors of my Dark Plaid Shirt which I thrifted a few weeks ago. It could have been a little longer, less fitted and I'd have preferred it with long sleeves but it is still a nicely-made flannel and the elbow-sleeves are nice. Like I said I couldn't resist the darker colors. Have you paired Olive Pants with a Plaid Shirt lately?
Accessories:
2 Thin Silver Bangles (part of a set of Bangles): Forever 21.
Olive Green/Gold Rhinestone Bangle (part of a set of Bangles): A Random Boutique (similar by Givenchy, great deal, love this), (set of 3 rhinestone bangles, best deal).
Olive Green, Metallic Hair Clip: Carefour.
Olive Green Pants w/ Cargo Pockets: Sublevel (New) (similar, best deal), (similar, on sale), (fitted skinny option, love these).
Cognac, Leather, Braided, Skinny Belt: The Limited (very similar), (similar + great deal).

P.S. Linking up with Amber, Angie, Erin, Laura, Lauren, Lindsey, Paige, Rachel, Shanna, Susan and Zaz.





Comments

  1. Great minds think alike Ada! I'm wearing olive trews today as well! Thanks for linking up with #AllAboutYou x
    Mama-andmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plaid paired with olive, so perfect for the fall! You look lovely and very well put together! Stopping by from the link up.
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada, my favorite part of this outfit are those great olive shoes!! I hope you have a chance to link up with the #reasonstodress real mom street style linkup here, I'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wearing olive green in today's post, too! :) Aren't trousers like this comfy?

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty pretty plaid! I love the colors! You are right, the earth tones are great autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your plaid, Ada!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fall look! I love the olive green paired with the plaid, what a great combo!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olive green is my favorite fall color together with mustard. You rock the plaid and olive green combination so well, Ada! Good luck on the new job and yey for flannel plaids, I want mine toasty too. ;)

    http://dressingupforme.blgospot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plaid is my favorite color and you wear it so well. And the olive pants remind me of my cargos which I can wear now that 50 Dresses are over. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the plaid! Great look and thanks so much for linking up!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love the plaid and olive! They look fantastic on you!

    Thank you so much for linking up with Tremendous Tuesday!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute look! Loving the olive and the plaid together!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the olive and plaid together! Those shoes are super cute!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the plaid and olive green. Such a great combination on you. :)
    Angela
    www.prettyinherpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific fall look, Ada! The colors are perfect and your paid shirt is so on trend. Fabulous olive shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely plaid top, Ada! Fits you perfectly!


    Robyn
    http://feelgreatfashion.com/
    -Come join the Beautiful You Link Up this Wednesday-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Plaid is so prefect for fall! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually do not have much in olive color, it's such a tough color for me to style. I know in the blogging world, there's a lot of love for it out there, I am slowly learning to embrace it.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these colors for fall! The plaid shirt looks perfect with the olive color colored pants. I hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great look Ada! Love the plaid!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love plaid! It looks so nice with your olive pants!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving that plaid! Thanks for joining the Celebrate Southern Linkup this week! I am pinning this post to our official board now! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are my favorite colors for fall, navy, burgundy and olive. I'd throw in orange as well. Love this plaid and cargo pants combo. Great casual look. Enjoy the rest of your week, Ada! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the plaid top with the camo pants! It's really pretty color combo. You look great Ada!
    ~Tatiana
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab autumn colours and I love that you've lifted it with touches of white - I would have to do this too as apparently my skin colour requires bright colours!

    Thanks for linking up to #AllAboutYou hxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great plaid shirt! I love it with the olive pants!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts