Lemon, Grape and Faux Tattoos.

Pantone chose Emerald Green as THE COLOR OF THE YEAR for 2013. But there were other colors they picked as Great Choices of Spring-Summer 2013. To use all of these Lovely, Bright Colors, the Lovely, Bubbly Bloggers Heidi from Literate & Stylish and Marissa from The Modern Austen are doing a Challenge this week Monday to Friday to showcase all of the Lovely, Pretty, Perfect 5 Colors from Pantone. I wish I knew about it in advance because Monday was Emerald Day and I indeed own Emerald. I have a Pretty Top/Shell as well as a New Gorgeous Tunic/Mini Dress that I could think of, if not more pieces. But I will wear them another time, it's OK. Yesterday was African Violet (fun names they gave the colors this year, too) & today that I am linking up is Lemon Zest (love that name - it makes you crave a Summer Cocktail or a Margarita). So, I wore this outfit yesterday for the Lemon Day. These comfy, Cropped Sweat Pants couldn't have been more Lemon-y if I tried. And between myself & my daughter, we got some Grape/Purple in there too (My Cardigan & her Leggings - coordinated) though it is not quite the same shade as the African Violet but still. Tha Faux Tattos part is the Sneakers (that look like Ed Hardy ones but are more affordable by Skechers), the Silver Metallic Stamp over my Stripped Graphic T-Shirt (looks like a Tattoo). And even the little Studded Lion Logo of Express (on my Left Front part, on the waist) looks like a small tattoo. The studded logo also matches the studs on the cap-toes of the shoes. Did I coordinate or what!? My Daughter looks even more Springy with her bows (on her socks), butterflies (on her shirt) & flower (on her headband - which I made & it came out Awesome)! I was going to wear this outfit yesterday anyhow, Lemon or not, because I wanted to be comfortable since it went up to 80 degrees. The cardigan was only kept on for a little bit in the morning.

Spring is here, May is here - My Most Favorite Month & I couldn't be happier so Happy May 1st to Everyone!!
Gray+White, Stripped T-Shirt w/ Silver Graphic Print: Express.
Deep Purple. Long, Cotton Cardigan w/ Pockets: Terra Nova.
Lemon Yellow, Cropped, Sweat Pants w/ Logo: Express.
Pewter, Tiny Pearl, Stud Earrings: Forever 21.
Gray/Silver, Studded, Faux Tattoo-Print Sneakers w/out Laces: Skechers.

Vivian's Outfit:
Pink Shirt w/ Embossed & Embroided Butterflies: Carter's.
Purple/Grape, Cropped Leggings: Okaidi.
Pink+White Socks w/ Satin Bows: Jumbo.
Off-White Headband w/ Blue+White Floral-Print Flower & Lace: Handmade by Me.












Comments

  1. Both of you are so adorable....yellow & purple is a great color combo btw!!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca & I did check out your blog actually. I love your blog & your style. =) You've got a new fan!

      Delete
  2. The yellow and purple are so fun together!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow and purple is a great combo! I like your casual look since I don't see you do casual too often. Vivian has the cutest headbands!

    I will email you back later tonight to respond to your comment :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a chic, unexpected combination. I have seen you try Yellow & Purple too & it looks amazing with what you have come up with. Thank you so much about helping me in regards to what I asked. =)

      Delete
  4. Such a cheerful color! YOu look beautiful and so does the little angel!:-) BTW, dropping in via Shanna's link up! Hop on to my blog whenever you have time! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog
    Enter $30 international giveaway by Chicnova

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by & I will definitely check out your blog. That giveaway sounds amazing, too.

      Delete
  5. Your baby girl is SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your casual outfit! And your daughter is just so cute!!

    xo – Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com
    Find me on BlogLovin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute post! You and your daughter both look great. Those yellow pants look super comfortable. Thanks so much for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are Welcome. I love my Daughter's look even more. She is a lot prettier anyway. Looking forward to linking up tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. cute yellow pants! your adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts