Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stripes, Purple and Skinnies.

Hello All. It has been an unusual but beautiful Sunday for sure. We spent most of our morning and part of the afternoon doing a Pregnancy Photo-Shoot for Our Bundle of Joy to come. Lucky for us, we got all the photos today (over 350 of them). The photographer will work on a bunch of them, she will take her time, but at least having them all and being able to share some of them here with you, and on Facebook, is a privilege. The photographer we chose is fairly young & new. She is only 24 years old but she has been doing Photography full-time for 5 years now, even has worked for some established, good magazines & publications here in Albania. Also, I have been Facebook friends with her & admired her work for a long time now. In general we were very happy with the shoot. And because our Friendship, she even gave me a fabulous deal. Yes it was kind of chilly outside, but it could have been a lot colder actually. Most of the photos were taken in the shade - a photographer's dream, right? - and my outfits were fairly light, but I managed. My favorite photos were the ones of the two of us, well three of us, actually. =) Once I go through the photos, I will make sure to post some of them here for you. ;-)

This has been one of the best, comfiest, loftiest (are these last 2 words?! LOL) top to wear while pregnant. I love the skinny little tie around the top of the belly too & the mini pleat detail by the neckline. I have also worn this ruffled cardigan a few times, while pregnant. With the open fly-away style this has been a good cardi for this last trimester. The knit Turqouise Scarf was added for warmth and it was cold in the office that day, so I kept it on for the first couple of hours. I like the textured open-weave detail on it. All the pieces here are very simple but it is all about the sime details & mix of textures. Those little things sometimes MAKE AN OUTFIT, don't you agree?!


Black+White Stripped, Open Cardigan w/ Ruffle Around the Front: White House Black Market.
3/4-Sleeve, Simple, Cotton, Purple Maternity Top w/ Pleating Detail: Oh Baby by Motherhood.
Black, Stretchy, Skinny Corduroy Pants: White House Black Market.
Turqouise, Knitted Warm Scarf w/ Sparkly Silver Threading through it: Hand-Made.
Light-Green & Gold-Edged, Flower-Shaped, Stud Earrings: Parfois.
Long, Beaded Forest Green Necklace w/ Magnetic Oval & Skinny-Square, Magnetic, Glass Stones: Street Vendor @ the Beach. 
Silver Ring w/ Long Oval-Shaped Orange Stone: Kohl's.
Black, Leather Boots: Impo.


13 comments:

  1. Love this cardigan (obviously since I have similar one ) :) what a fun idea to have a photo shoot. Such an exciting time for you! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cardigan too. And I loved your similar one as well. Thank you kindly.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the purple on you, Ada! So, so beautiful! The scarf compliments it perfectly, too. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You too look great in purple, magenta & maroon as your Pregnancy Photo-shoot also proved that. Weekend has been good in general, quite busy. =) I cannot wait for the photos, either.

      Delete
  3. ps- I can't WAIT to see the pictures! I know they will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to see the photos from your photo shoot! That is one thing I never did with either of my pregnancies and I so regret it.

    I am loving this look today too. The striped cardi is great and I love the purple and green paired together. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I will be posting some photos this week, from the shoot. We wanted to have this shoot at least for our first baby. I couldn't have a shower since it isn't a tradition here so at least the shoot is a nice touch.

      Delete
  5. Your purple top is such a pretty colour, your outfit is cute and looks very comfortable :) it's nice you enjoyed having your maternity photos done - I still have to book mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww another mom-to-be NICE!! Yes, I think it is necessary for a first-time pregnant mom especially to get some Professional Pregnancy Photos taken. When are you due? =)

      Delete
  6. I see that you are adding graphics to your pictures :)
    and i look forward to seeing your family pictures !
    I will let you know about the post for your blog. Do you have a theme in mind ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as far as the photos I have been trying to keep things light & fun with PicMonkey - love that site. =)

      I am glad you will be posting for me. Yours is one of the very first blogs I started reading and following regularly. We will communicate via E-Mail. =)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.