Hurricane Talk, Parantheses, Gray and Green.

It is scary THAT no matter how many thousands of miles away we may live from each-other, a major Cause of Nature (or Natural Disaster if you will), can affect the entire world. I have been reading a lot about Hurricane Sandy today and I even read an article where they broke it down by states. So far it seems to be affecting about 23 states of US, some lucky ones very little (Ohio, Illinois, Michigan), compared to others that are hit the hardest (New York. New Jersey, Maine, Maryland). It seems to be moving to Canada next. Seriously though as big as the world is, Mother Nature can truly do a number on us when a grave hurricane like this, hits. My heart and prayers go to all those families, businesses, cities, schools, etc. affected by this, especially the millions who do not have power. Hopefully by Thursday, most of it will be cleared, life will be back to normal (somewhat), flights will not ne canceled and such.

On a lighter note, here is my outfit for today. I am wearing Gray and spicing it up with some Green. =) The different shades of green (shoes & flower pin) do not quite match. They are both bright yet light enough colors, so they are not in your face. This skirt has been a life-saver for these last 3 months of my pregnancy (I should have worn it more often). I like the subtle sort of snake-print on it. And the pretty silver metallic sweater (a modern, relaxed style from Express - they have come up with a new version of this sweater the last 4 years or so) can and will also be a non-maternity clothing item that I can wear at least through the end of November, I think. =)

P.S. I just realized, there are a lot of parantheses on this post, oh well! =D

Off-the-Shoulder, 3/4-Sleeve, Silver, Metallic, Comfortable, Loose, Modern Sweater: Express.
Black + White, Flowy, Snake-Print, A-line, Silk Skirt: The Limited.
Teal Green and Mint, Big-Petals, Canvas Flower Pin: The Limited.
Silver Ring w/Iridescent, Multi-Colored, Large, Oval Stone (Right Hand): Lord & Taylor.
Fan-Shaped, Black Plastic Clasp w/ Silver Rhinestones: Bijoux & Accessories
Black Patent Leather & Apple Green Faux Suede, Bow Ballet Flats: Simple Shoes.


Comments

  1. I like your mix of small prints with the pops of green. Hurricanes are quite scary. I've been worried about flooding happening again here, we managed to avoid the worst of it last time. I am so grateful the worst we're experiencing is really cold wind. I'm worried about all my northern buds! Also sending out lots of wishes and hope to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking the outfit. Hurricanes are so scary, as are earth-quakes. I mean no one can forget Hurricane Katrina and what it did.

      Delete
  2. love this! would you like to follow each other in gfc? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print of that skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby looks so cute in that sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mamma dressed her up in a cozy, silver-metallic sweater. ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts