Friend Friday: Outfit Formula.

Friend Friday: Outfit Formulas.


1. What’s your go-to outfit formula?
I don't have an outfit formula. But there are many items I love that I wear often. To better describe this, I will explain it by seasons. In Spring you will find me in a lot of skirts mostly worn with button-down shirts or with a cute top/shell, layered over with a cardigan, paired with either pumps, peep-toes or ballet flats. I also wear long-sleeve dresses, sheaths and light sweater dresses. In Summer - really anything goes. Since I adore skirts and dresses, you will rarely see me in pants. So for work it's mostly skirts and dresses and for fun I wear a lot of shorts, rompers, jumpers and sometimes capri pants. In Fall my favorite look would be to sport Skinny Jeans tucked into Boots with a sweater, a tunic or another longer top. Sometimes I swap my boots for loafers or mocassins. In Winter my-go-to-outfit is either thick leggings or skinny pants/jeans tucked into boots layered up with a sweater and a top underneath it or a blazer over it. Another go-to-outfit in Winter-time would be a nice, thick sweater dress worn with thick, warm tights and sometimes I might throw a blazer or cardigan over it, depending on how cold I feel.

2. How did you come about this formula?
Again I am not sure I would call this "a formula" but the above outfits are mostly what I wear at any season and given-time.

3. Do you have different formulas for different occasions in your life?
Yes, special ocassions call for different clothes. I always wear a dress for a wedding, despite what season it is. I think weddings call for dresses. It could be a cocktail dress, a silky dress, either something strapless, one-shoulder, halter or featuring tiny spaghetti straps. For New Year's Eve I like to spice it up a bit so I choose bold colors, maybe something sparkly or sequined or some fun accessories like more special jewelry, a loud pin, a fun hair piece, something with a feather, a statement necklace, etc. On my running-errands days, I like to be as comfortable as possible so depending on the weather, I like to have something cotton-y on that breathes easily and that doesn't hold that much sweat and I am always wearing flats like ballet flats, loafers or flat sandals.

4. Has it morphed over the years?
My style has morphed over the years and I guess "the formulas" of how I dress, have too. I don't wear mini-skirts as often for example. I don't wear super-short shorts. I don't show a ton of cleavage. I also tend to only 'show' a bit at a time, whether it is my back, my legs or my cleavage, just one of them at once.

5. Which other blogger’s outfit formula would you like to swipe?
No one's. My style is my own and that's what makes me - me. However, I love all those bloggers who look adorable wearing the beautiful, unique, bohemian, fun, hip, trendy, cool pieces that Anthropologie offers. I like a lot of stuff from Anthro (though I have never shopped there), but they have so many fun, unique things that I can only see myself in some of their clothes. There are some fabulous, stylish bloggers out there who do justice to any piece that Anthropologie comes out, with.

Comments

Popular Posts