Friend Friday: Outfits.


Friend Friday: Outfits.

1. When it comes to outfit posts on your own blog, be honest are they what you actually wore that day?
I run a few days behind with posting my outfits, but YES THEY ARE OF WHAT I ACTUALLY WEAR. Most of my outfits are what I wear daily to work or on my days off. I also post special occasion outfits like from Birthday Parties, Weddings, Cocktail Parties and other events. =) I have never (at least so far) done or featured any outfits I have worn only for the blog. My job occupies at least 60-65 hours of the week for me, so as much as I love fashion, I am a busy career woman. But first and foremost I am a woman and a housewife as well. I simply don't have time to mess around with trying on outfits at home, without actually wearing them. I might do a feature or two on how to style the same item differently, but as of right now (I am in the process of moving and changing houses these 2-3 weeks) time doesn't allow me to do so.


2. For a fashion blogger, working in a corporate environment can be tricky. How do you mesh your day job with your personal style choices?
I recently moved to Albania. I work and live in the capital of Albania - Tirana - known for a lot of risk-taking when it comes to fashion. A lot of people my age or younger, or a few years older (let's say in the bracket of 18-38 years old) make bold choices in clothing themselves, daily.  I live in a very busy, 'cool' part of the city, Down-Town Tirana. However I work in one of the Suburbs. While the way people dress in Tirana varies, the way I dress is influenced by both my Albanian roots as well as my American Upbringing. I learned, went to school and lived in USA for 15 years. That is where I went from teenage years to adulthood and United States is where I truly learned how to dress and how to shop. =) My personal style is elegant with a little edge. I love all kinds of bright, bold colors like reds, berries, blues, greens, bright yellow and/or mustard, but I also appreciate neutral colors like grays, browns, taupes, beiges and also I always love a Black & White outfit. Fortunately for me, the dress code at my work is not too stuffy or too business-y. I do dress up but most of those times, I feel casual, relaxed and at ease, as well. I have had this job for a little over 3 months now and so far I have worn a lot of sweater dresses, sheaths, trousers with blouses, pencil skirts with a cute top and a cardi over, and such. I have done lots of layering by utilizing my cardigans, blazers, scarves and belts. Some times I have kept it simpler and more casual in leggings or dark jeans (that I normally dress up, for work). Outside of work anything goes. I mean that in the best way. I can be totally casual or sporty one day. I can be 100% girly and colorful another day. I wear a lot more dresses and skirts and usually on my days off the hemlines are shorter and my choice of accessories and shoes are bolder. I also wear more heels when I am out and about. I like to have more comfortable shoes on, while at work. =)

3. When you get dressed in the morning, do you think what should I wear to work or what should I wear for the blog?
I definitely think of what I should wear to work. What colors do I feel like wearing that particular day? Do I feel like wearing pants/leggings/jeans or am I more in the mood for a dress or a skirt? Do I feel like classic tights (like black, brown, nude or in a small pattern), or colored tights or tights in a more loud, fun pattern? I also think of what I haven't worn recently. What outfit do I feel like creating? I also think of the day. If I know of what my day at work will mostly consist of, I take that into consideration. Also, I tend to dress up more on the weekends because I will be seen by more people, mostly clients. I take the weather into consideration as well. Some outfits I have worn have looked great to me but haven't photographed as good. However I keep this blog as real as I am and what I actually wore is being shown here, always keeping in my mind what I should wear to work. =) Of course having a Style Blog makes me more self-conscious in my outfits and my styling. This blog has taught me some good things, such as what photographs well and what doesn't; how the makeup I wear looks in real life as oppossed to on pictures, etc. It has made me utilize my accessories and my jewelry drawers more, though I have always been drawn to those things.

4. Do professionals you interact with ever make comments about your clothing choices?
Yes! Definitely! Absolutely! Usually about once a day. In a week I get complimented at least 5 times and that of course makes me feel good. =) I have also been complimented on my unique style and how bold I am with jewelry, belts, my fashionable use of scarves and fun tights. Mostly I get complimented by my peers (with whom I share an office: one is a man and the other a woman; both of them around my age). I also get complimented or commented on by our workers (they are all young females 20-30 years old). Every now and then I will get a compliment from a customer or client, or from a random bystander on my way to or from work. Usually things they say are positive. I have gotten some constructive criticism as well, nothing bad or offensive.

5. Some bloggers openly admit to wearing outfits only for the blog post. What's your opinion on that?
It's their choice and it's their personal style blog. They can do as they like and as they please. I haven't chosen to do so but who am I to say that others can't or shouldn't?! Most bloggers I follow daily are great stylish women, nevertheless. So whether they dress for work, for an event or for the sole purpose of the blog only, their outfits are always pretty and inspiring. =)


Thank You for reading this and I found this questionaire quite interesting. Would love to see some of you answer these same questions.

Have a Great Weekend! TGIF!!

Comments

  1. Great post, Ada! It sounds like you live in an amazing part of the city, and I'm envious ... we're pretty far away from the city center, and I miss the hustle and bustle of having lots of people, shops, etc. around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a Lot Bonnie. What city do you live in? With your fabulous style and great use of colors and accessories - you belong IN A LARGE CITY. You sure dress for it. <3 Ada.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts