Friend Friday: Body Image.

Friend Friday: Body Image.

1. Since you started blogging has your image of yourself changed?
Not really. My body is what it is. My face is what it is. Sometimes, like most girls I don't like myself in the morning when I wake up or after a super long and tiresome day. However in general, I have always had and kept a positive body image about myself. And I don't mean just physically. I think I am quite stylish, plus it helps that people in my life and even outsiders think so. =) I have been nick-named FASHION PLATE since over a decade ago when I finished high school and started college. I think that's when my sense of self and sense of style truly started developing and emerging, as well. So yes overall I feel positive about myself, physically and about the way I dress myself and how I present myself to the world!! =)


2. Are you self-conscious about any aspect of yourself? If so, do you go out of your way to avoid it or do you post it/talk about it anyway?
At times I am self-conscious about days when I feel bloated or fat, or when I am extremely tired or stressed and it shows physically. We all have our "I feel and look Gorgeous Days" as well as those "I feel and look like Crap days". I usually wear a size small, sometimes a size XS and other times a Medium. I am at a healthy weight as far as my age and height are concerned. I am not underweight and I am not overweight. My body has a little fat on it (perhaps in some parts I would like for it to be slimmer). My stomach could be a little flatter and my body overall could be more toned. However, the way my body and my metabolism is, I haven't built a lot of muscle and I can't build muscle even if I tried or went to the gym for several hours daily. One thing I am a little self-conscious about is my nose. I don't like it. It is big, though in the right shape. I was also born with a birthmark on the right side of my nose and sometimes I feel like my nose looks bigger because of it. I don't like most of my up-close photos from a profile side view. But I have grown to accept that it is a part of me and I have grown to like it - meaning, it is what it is, I wouldn't change it. Also, I have had a life-long bad habit of biting my nails. I love beautiful, strong, healthy, long nails. My solution would be to start wearing fake nails till my own start growing and getting stronger. I am probably going to start wearing fake nails, after I am done with doing most of the work that needs to get done at our new home, so probably towards the end of May I will start wearing fake nails and see the difference. They will make me feel more confident for sure. =) 


3. Based on how you are feeling now, what do you think the future holds in the evolution of your body image?
Overall I feel great. I work a ton. I put in 50+ hours at work and have to walk and take the bus for close to an hour each way, every day. I think all this walking business in Europe has helped me feel better, healthier and stronger, plus I am outside. Usually I feel like being outdoors is better for one's body in general. After all we all need Mother Nature. We have plans to start a family this year and we will try this summer. I would like nothing more than to be pregnant before Autumn starts and hopefully this will happen. I am 1000% my body and my body image will change 180 degrees once that will happen. But I welcome it and I am sure I would enjoy the pregnancy (despite its challenges) and having a round, growing belly for many months in a row. Wish Us LUCK in this area because we are working on it. We are both super excited to start this journey of our lives, together. =) So hopefully this (a healthy pregnancy) is going to happen sometime between June and September 2012. We hope to get pregnant between these months. Also, I plan on starting to take a daily multi-vitamin or prenatal vitamins as early as May. I am sure these multi-vitamins will be more vital to my overall health and therefore to my body image. 


4. Do you photograph yourself for your blog? If so, how do you feel about the experience when you're having your picture taken? If you choose not to post pictures of yourself, what prompted that decision?
Yes I photograph myself for the blog. I take several photos almost daily. I enjoy the experience while I do so. I am usually quick when I take my photos, since it is usually a 5-minute session at work (in my office) but I manage to take between 5-15 photos and at least 5 of them capture my outfit the way it is, as well as details such as jewelry, makeup or the way my tights are (plain, patterned, dark, brightly-colored, etc). I usually enjoy those 5 minutes of ME TIME and Fashion Time. Sometime I feel silly posing, smiling, staring on a particular angle or looking a certain way but I have never "been caught" at work so far, while doing my shots. Sometimes my husband takes my photos before we go out somewhere. These sessions are usually shorter than 5 minutes as he hates pics like most guys, so his patience wears off after 8 photos max. LOL 


5. What would you want every person who struggles with body image to take to heart?
I want them to know that no one is perfect. Even movie stars, supermodels, Hollywood stars or Rock stars ARE NOT Perfect. Even those VIPs and Magazine Cover Stars feel at their lowest sometimes. Even they have Body Image problems. No one is perfect including you or I. Be as real as you are. Dress for yourself. Follow a certain diet or exercise regime because it makes you feel good. Don't let anyone else advise you to do so or push you towards something you don't really feel like doing, anyways. The more yourself you are, the more you will shine in your blog photos or any photos for that matter. The more confident and brave you will look and feel. No Photoshop program in the world can or should hide the real, true you. So Shine!! We are all beautiful and imperfect in our own ways, therefore we should embrace ourselves with all our physical flaws and physical traits. =)



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND GIRLS!!

Comments

Popular Posts